Really? It's that quick these days?! Blimey, I'm behind the times...

that's the usual timeframe for smaller labels ordering from manufacturers. Warner own their own production company if I'm not wrong so it might be even quicker than that.

that's the usual timeframe for smaller labels ordering from manufacturers. Warner own their own production company if I'm not wrong so it might be even quicker than that.

Production for smaller labels takes longer. Especially around the time of Record Store Day.

Cool, thanks for the clarification!

Production for smaller labels takes longer. Especially around the time of Record Store Day.

That's probably why I'm getting confused. I have some friends who are in bands that are on small record labels, and it takes a while for their albums to get released sometimes. I shouldn't compare small and large labels, really. Mind you, these days, they only produce around 300 of their albums, and do a digital release simultaneously to get around that.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/13/uk-opposes-international-ban-on-developing-killer-robots

Presumably Bellamy has seen or heard about this and will be using it in interviews to explain the album concept. Although its not very assuring.

That article is a bit strange.

It seems to imply that the aim of something like the Iron Dome or a Phalanx CIWS is to retaliate if under attack by shooting their own missiles back, when actually all they do is shoot down the incoming missiles and nothing more. Royal Navy ships already have Phalanx systems installed, so I don't know what that article is trying to say about Britain not having this sort of thing.

Its a very different issue to the theme of the album though, as Drones is supposed to be about control and a lack of connection to the action one is mindlessly undertaking, whereas these autonomous weapons systems do all the thinking and decision-making themselves, which is hardly Drone-like at all. Muse have missed a trick there; they could've written the backstory behind The Matrix as a concept album.

Isn't it looking more likely the gig is actually in the US somewhere? The T and C on the webpage make it seem like it.

Not sure there's enough time to get a passport, otherwise. :chuckle:

It does say "North America" so it's definitely probable, but as someone suggested I think on Reddit it makes sense that it would be somewhere near the station as the budget is less than $1000 Canadian for the weekend + the gig + transport + spending money. I figure it'll be near New York or southeast Canada.

Just curious how we got this date confirmed?

Contest on Canadian radio:

• return airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) people, departing from Toronto, Ontario on May 8, 2015 and returning May 10, 2015 (the “Travel Period”)

• two (2) nights’ standard accommodations (based on double occupancy)

• all hotel taxes and processing fees

• two (2) tickets to see MUSE perform live at a secret venue on May 8, 2015

• $200 CDN spending money for the winner

The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $900 CDN.

NOTE: Destination and accommodations are within North America and details will be provided at the time of winning the Grand Prize.

I misinterpreted it as "to Toronto" when I first saw, thinking that the gig would be in Toronto on 08/05. But yeah, it could be anywhere in North America.