Big Freeze

Follow Me

Explorers

Save Me

Madness

Survival

Animals

Prelude

To be fair, most of them seem to be singling him out for his lyricism and the quite heavy-handed/patronising/niaive message of the album, which are all down to him.

More credit towards Chris or Dom for decent bass or drum parts would obviously be nice though.

They don't get songwriting credit though. Matt writes the music.

Am I the only one that's actually really excited to hear Drones?

I think it's gonna be one of them songs that turns out to be absolutely brilliant, and it'll work really well and be something completely different...

... Or it'll be fucking awful.

Am I the only one that's actually really excited to hear Drones?

I think it's gonna be one of them songs that turns out to be absolutely brilliant, and it'll work really well and be something completely different...

... Or it'll be fucking awful.

There hasn't been a single review that was negative towards it. I think I'll fall in love with it, although the lyrics as someone said are very hammy. It'll at least sound pretty. Everything Muse does always does, even if the lyrics are about Matt taking a dump.

They don't get songwriting credit though. Matt writes the music.

Just because they don't write them doesn't mean they shouldn't receive credit for playing them well. Plus, I'm sure they bring their own ideas to the table when it comes to finishing the songs.

aftermath sounds like it'll be the explorers of drones, which is not a bad thing but I don't see how this will turn out to be a "rocky" album :LOL:
Psycho, Defector, The Globalist, The Handler, Reapers and Mercy (might be poppy, but it's definitely rock and quite heavy at parts). I think it's fair to say the album is very Rock-oriented.

I meant the song, not the album.

I haven't seen any hype for the song at all (I guess we only learnt our first bit of information about it yesterday, but still)

I've pretty much only seen excitement since we found out what it was. It's actually up there with The Handler for songs I've most excited about hearing.

Can't Aftermath be a solid,straightforward rock ballad,without "stadium pop rock cheese" (cough Guiding Light cough) or a "piano song" (it's you,Explorers)? With Muse,it seems not. The Handler seems like it's going to be good,but I'm not sure about Matt doing an Angus Young in what is supposed to be a dark track...

Can't Aftermath be a solid,straightforward rock ballad,without "stadium pop rock cheese" (cough Guiding Light cough) or a "piano song" (it's you,Explorers)? With Muse,it seems not.

Could be, we haven't heard it yet.

Personally, something like Falling Down with strings would be nice imo. I only make that comparison because that one review mentioned Hendrix-esque guitar work and FD is pretty bluesy though.

Edited by Jobby

My biggest complaint with The Resistance onward is the lack of heavy, pounding piano songs (i.e. Space Dementia, AP, Hoodoo...). Unfortunately it seems like this is going to continue and this was the sounds that first really got me into Muse.

I've pretty much only seen excitement since we found out what it was. It's actually up there with The Handler for songs I've most excited about hearing.

Assuming a vinyl LP for this record will hold only 15 minutes of music for Drones (although its capacity is 20 minutes odds are Muse won't pass 15 minutes on each side), that would mean that the length of the title track directly correlates with the length of The Globalist, and we've heard various reported track lengths:

The Globalist: 9 minutes --> Drones: 6 minutes

The Globalist: 10 minutes --> Drones: 5 minutes

The Globalist: 11 minutes --> Drones: 4 minutes

The Globalist: 12 minutes --> Drones: 3 minutes

So far, I trust Chris's 12 minute track length description more than Matt's.

My biggest complaint with The Resistance onward is the lack of heavy, pounding piano songs (i.e. Space Dementia, AP, Hoodoo...). Unfortunately it seems like this is going to continue and this was the sounds that first really got me into Muse.

If you're going to ignore the 13 minute epic that is Exogenesis like that then lol

If you're going to ignore the 13 minute epic that is Exogenesis like that then lol

I'll agree with parts of Exogenesis II fitting the bill but the sound to me isn't the heavy hitting piano you heard earlier. Just the way I hear it.