Reviews.

Basically:

The Handler = Big riff, AC/DC-ish, generally pretty heavy

Defector = Very Queen

Revolt = Big Freeze 2

Drones = A capella re-working of

Oh.....

Well that's lowered my expectations slightly about Revolt...

Thanks for the info though

So far in my opinion Dead Inside>Mercy>Reapers>Pyscho

Dead Inside is really great

Mercy is a good track but nothing special.

Reapers is pretty bad though it does have a cool outro

Pyscho is utterly horrible and there are no redeeming factors to me.

(Full discloser before people yell at me that is my *opinion* and not me stating facts)

So far in my opinion Dead Inside>Mercy>Reapers>Pyscho

Dead Inside is really great

Mercy is a good track but nothing special.

Reapers is pretty bad though it does have a cool outro

Pyscho is utterly horrible and there are no redeeming factors to me.

(Full discloser before people yell at me that is my *opinion* and not me stating facts)

Interesting, I agree with you on Dead Inside but that's where our opinions divide. I love Mercy, Reapers is fucking epic from the live performances and Psycho, whilst mad, is incredibly fun.

1) Reapers - Could fall flat on the album but fucking great live, one of the best songs since BH&R.

2) Dead Inside - Decent pop song. Some pretty generic instrumental work during the second half but some great vocals redeem it. I don't love it but it's pretty good.

3) Psycho - Fun all-round and some catchy melodies. Dull, repetitive riff/chorus brings it down though. Overall, decent but not great.

4) Mercy - Catchy, head-bobbing verses but dull-as-fuck chorus with lazy lyrics. Doesn't really go anywhere either.

The worrying thing for me from these reviews is that it doesn't really seem to get any better, other than The Handler and The Globalist.

In this moment, I will rate them this way: Dead Inside > Reapers > Psycho > Mercy. I consider them to be solid tracks, with Dead Inside being one of my favourite Muse songs right now, so I'm still hyped. I'd like to read a review from someone who actually likes Muse, so we can see if they jump the shark with Drones. But I see quality in their last tracks they released (and in the previous two albums too), so I don't know. I'm still optimistic :)

I have to admit I was really disappointed to see that French magazine say there is a very AC/DC guitar solo in The Handler. That song was the one I was most looking forward to as Dom and Chris (and Matt too at some point) both said it's their favorite song. Still could be my favorite, but an AC/DC comparison was not what I was hoping for. My hype for The Globalist has gone up though.

All these reviews have massively turned my hype levels right down. Reapers and Psycho were absolutely fantastic, Dead Inside was good but Mercy was let down by the mix. Sounds like how a GCSE music student would do a mix on Logic if given the stems. I'll get off this hype train at the next stop.

Defector doesn't sound that Queen-y to me judging from the making of, but then again according to most people everything Muse does sounds like either Queen or U2 :rolleyes:

Yeah I really liked what we've heard so far. There was only the one instance of Queen-y vocals, and even that didn't really bother me.