I do fear the intro will quickly be 2 minutes of boredom that prevent me from listening to the rest of the song on a regular basis, even if it is good.

you need a better attention span if a 2 minute intro ruins a good song for you. For me there are a lot of muse songs that don't reach the payoff til later on but you still listen to the entire song for the build up. you don't just skip to the best part because it's slow or "boring".

you need a better attention span if a 2 minute intro ruins a good song for you. For me there are a lot of muse songs that don't reach the payoff til later on but you still listen to the entire song for the build up. you don't just skip to the best part because it's slow or "boring".

I'm simply not going to sit through several minutes of something I don't like, to get to something I do. Having a good "payoff" isn't a good enough excuse, to me, to have something that bores the shit out of me precede it.

Probably one of the biggest reasons I never listen to Madness, and that's not even a strong example of what I'm talking about.

I'm simply not going to sit through several minutes of something I don't like, to get to something I do. Having a good "payoff" isn't a good enough excuse, to me, to have something that bores the shit out of me precede it.

Probably one of the biggest reasons I never listen to Madness, and that's not even a strong example of what I'm talking about.

If you don't like it, skip it. I do that with many Muse songs. If I start to get sick of a song, I'll skip to my favourite part and then move on to another song.

I think I'm most hyped for Aftermath and Revolt right now. I am pretty excited for The Globalist, but I am also really glad the entire record didn't turn into 7-10 minute prog-rock songs. I feel like that would ruin the novelty. Citizen Erased is a great song, and I absolutely LOVE it, but I really have to be in a "music listening" mood to sit through it. It certainly isn't anything I would typically play in the car, or while laying out by the pool. I'm glad Drones is shaping up to have at least a couple easy listening songs.

Skipping to specific parts of songs is something I physically cannot do. I have to listen to the whole thing :LOL:

I found that with Reapers. Love the whole track but especially like the last riff and noises... Want to skip to that sometimes just for the goosebumps but can't bring myself. :LOL:

I skip a lot when I've little time to listen. I like to listen to music while packing or getting ready, so will skip through quite a few songs. I also get obsessed with certain things, such as a track, and then get bored of it due to my obsession, so I only listen to my favourite part when it's on.

I can't do anything else while listening to music, it always gets my full attention. Unfortunately, this isn't always good as I'm easily able to spend around 4-5 hours of my day just sitting there, record after record while not getting anything done.

Are we feeling a possibility of a leak today? What are the chances? I felt like late May or early June would be the time but it just doesn't feel imminent to me.

With the last two album leaks you could feel it coming and there was tons of hype specifically around the leak. Maybe that's because it was on muselive where we were allowed to discuss it and had a thread dedicated to the leak.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I can't do anything else while listening to music, it always gets my full attention. Unfortunately, this isn't always good as I'm easily able to spend around 4-5 hours of my day just sitting there, record after record while not getting anything done.

I can't do something without doing something else, besides the Internet and working. My mind is quite hyperactive and I get bored too easily. I create imaginary situations in a universe in my head to fit with the song I'm listening to and will do something else physically while doing it. Might be a trait of Asperger's. I dunno.

Okay so I'm on this forum a lot at work. I'm a lifeguard and almost no one comes to mr pool. But right now my head guard is here so not only is my phone time very limited but he also won't stop playing shirty American Top 40 radio.

*kills self*

I hate it when my music wears a shirt

I hope the track "Drones" is as far out as reviews have suggested, would love to hear the guys do something truly polarizing because it's so strange. If it is really just a choir of Matts, it could be genius or absolutely appalling :LOL:

I hope the track "Drones" is as far out as reviews have suggested, would love to hear the guys do something truly polarizing because it's so strange. If it is really just a choir of Matts, it could be genius or absolutely appalling :LOL:

Either way, I'll love it.

The one track I'm not excited for, doesn't sound like my kinda thing

Are we feeling a possibility of a leak today? What are the chances? I felt like late May or early June would be the time but it just doesn't feel imminent to me.

With the last two album leaks you could feel it coming and there was tons of hype specifically around the leak. Maybe that's because it was on muselive where we were allowed to discuss it and head a thread dedicated to the leak.

From today, there's always a possibility :happy:. But I don't think so. I hope we will get a stream between Monday-Wednesday, because the album launches in some countries on Friday. But I want to hear Drones as soon as possible! I have my last degree exam on Friday and if the streaming is too close I'll have not time to listen to it! :LOL::LOL:

I think on it's own, Drones is going to be pretty crappy. For example if you listen on shuffle and it comes up. But I think, judging from the lyrics, it'll fit really well when you play the album as a whole (which is pretty much the idea with Drones tbh)