Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Surely that's why they're representative (if they are)?

I suppose I'm just approaching this differently, I was interpreting this as the "quintessential" Muse track, like the most generic among muse, most muse songs don't sound like KoC, they sound more like TIRO or New Born

I can't comprehend why people pretend not to like KoC. Okay, being bored of it in a certain slot live or being completely pissed off with MWAH (as am I), is understandable but I bet you a tenner your still singing along to that riff everi tym rt pls

You do like it, don't say it's crap cause you know you don't think that.

I can't comprehend why people pretend not to like KoC. Okay, being bored of it in a certain slot live or being completely pissed off with MWAH (as am I), is understandable but I bet you a tenner your still singing along to that riff everi tym rt pls

No.

most muse songs don't sound like KoC, they sound more like TIRO or New Born

They do?

I'm genuinely bored of it live, probably moreso than just about any other song. I made my way towards the exit when I heard the harmonica start playing at Manchester.

I even enjoy Starlight more.

agreed. "NO ONE'S GOING TO TAKE MEE ALIIIIIVE"

No.

Yes.

I'm bored of listening to the studio version these days, but I'm bored with BHAR anyway. Stockholm Syndrome and KoC (minus mwah) I could enjoy even if every Muse gig I've still to go to has them in the setlist.

KoC is wonderful, but MWAH *is* an enormous fucking waste of time, and I can't comprehend why it's still around... They play such short sets (at least in the US) and even when they're playing a short festival, they got up all that time for Chris to pretend to play the harmonica? :noey: wtf

Anyways, MWAH has tainted my view of the potential opening for The Globalist dragging on, and driving me mad.

Has this been posted in here yet?

But The Globalist - track number 11 and climax of the album - it's one of those songs that can make you jump on the chair from the first listen (and you already know that riascolterai an indefinite number of times without tiring). It had to be the result of trumpeted Citizen Erased (words of Matthew Bellamy), and in part it is: the atmosphere is the same piece chain taken from Origin Of Symmetry , one of the songs most loved by fans of Muse. Begins with a cut in the Morricone, slow drags up to a countdown that explodes into something epic, then it closes in an intimate part of piano and voice. The structure "chapters" recalls Bohemian Rhapsody , and although the comparisons with the anthem of the Queen are always out of place, here the chills are insured.

Google translated from here: http://www.onstageweb.com/recensioni-album/muse-drones-cose-da-sapere/

The new NME interview offers up this new info about this track:

- 2 minutes of the Morricone intro

- 8 minutes into the song is when the doomsday countdown begins

- 'The Globalist' is the protagonist who, after having successfully escaped from "the system" of oppressors he was subjugated by, he has risen up and become a power hungry dictator

- 'The Globalist' was recorded in one take

Holy shit

http://www.nme.com/features/muse-interview-on-modern-warfare-the-conspiracies-that-drive-new-album-drones-and-matt-bellamys-nigh?recache=2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=muse

Edited by jonisdead