Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I love how Matt's descriptions of the album are just as blunt as the album cover is about its tgenes :LOL: I hope they continue to make concept albums and he learns some subtlety later but I'm 100% cool with this no bullshit approach

You mean leaving at least something to imagination rather than throwing everything in the middle of your face is bullshit approach? Nice.

Please, give me example of what for you is "bullshit approach".

You mean leaving at least something to imagination rather than throwing everything in the middle of your face is bullshit approach? Nice.

...do you know what "no bullshit approach" means? It's just a way of saying it's a direct approach. It doesn't mean that the opposite is "bullshit".

Umm, pretty much every other Muse album I'm guessing.

Damn autocorrect doesn't save me anymore. Anyways yeah, no bullshit means, for all this album's blunt glory, we have to appreciate the fact it's so streamlined albeit still an infantile concept for Muse given they haven't made concept albums before. Hence why I say it's streamlined considering every other album was supposedly about a thousand other things and the stories about each song changed with each interview really.

...do you know what "no bullshit approach" means? It's just a way of saying it's a direct approach. It doesn't mean that the opposite is "bullshit".

But he wrote that he's happy with Muse being straightforward and not taking bullshit approach. What looked like he isn't familiar with any shades of grey between two extremes. Of course there is a part in his post about "being more subtle" but I decided to ignore it and give him a chance to post what for him is bullshit approach - this would make the wait for the single funnier.

Overall what we know of this album's theme is pretty generic, but the sequence of:

Captivity through indoctrination > Slavery to your captives aka "drones" > defection from the captives and rebelling against them

sounds quite exciting nonetheless.

But he wrote that he's happy with Muse being straightforward and not taking bullshit approach. What looked like he isn't familiar with any shades of grey between two extremes. Of course there is a part in his post about "being more subtle" but I decided to ignore it and give him a chance to post what for him is bullshit approach - this would make the wait for the single funnier.

Straightforward = no bullshit.

Bullshit = whatever crap stories Matt makes up about the lyrical content of a song that's naff to distract from this. Lyrical content can be about anything just as the sonic component can be. Like with T2L. With Drones however it's safe to assume the lyrical content directly influenced the sonic aspect, so it'll sound coherent as a record. Matt being less cryptic in this sense is a good thing for the band in terms of delivering a consistent, thorough product that we've wanted for a while.

Overall what we know of this album's theme is pretty generic, but the sequence of:

Captivity through indoctrination > Slavery to your captives aka "drones" > defection from the captives and rebelling against them

sounds quite exciting nonetheless.

Could make a decent movie that!