2015.03.20 - The Great Hall, Exeter, UK

Munch2112

Ah ok, thanks! Did they but barriers around the main queue to stop people queue jumping? Sorry for the questions, just I might need to know for tomorrow !

Not a like full blown barriers, but they had guides, yeah. I got there at about 5 in the end and was really close to the front of the queue, and managed to get to the front of the stage. The queue started to get huge at about 6ish.

Not a like full blown barriers, but they had guides, yeah. I got there at about 5 in the end and was really close to the front of the queue, and managed to get to the front of the stage. The queue started to get huge at about 6ish.

Yeah the queue took ages to build up, thankfully!

Last night was really awesome. The set list was fantastic and with less of the special effects you get in the stadium/arena type gigs you really could see how talented they are and why they so often win best live act.

I was also very fortunate to meet them as I volunteer for a charity called Attitude is Everything who aim to improve Deaf and disabled people’s access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry. So if you're a disabled music fan please check out their website:

http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/

Here is Muse showing their support for their campaign:

A photo will be added to Attitude Is Everything's website very soon. :)

I have to say, of all my times seeing Muse - this gig was the most surreal and undoubtedly one of the best (overall) I have ever been to.

Queueing from 6.30pm, getting incredibly close to the front and seeing them just metres away having the time of their lives in a tiny venue in Exeter. I still can't quite believe it happened, to be honest :D

No wankers in the crowd (where I was, anyway), no surge, Muscle Museum, incredible acoustics, Muscle Museum.

Although - one thing that made me cringe - one girl in the queue was stood behind us with her clearly Muse fan male friend who was trying to get laid, and, she said (exact quote) 'I only know like 2 Muse songs, what's the one called that has black hole in it? Special black hole?' I wanted to hit her. I REALLY wanted to hit her.

Although - one thing that made me cringe - one girl in the queue was stood behind us with her clearly Muse fan male friend who was trying to get laid, and, she said (exact quote) 'I only know like 2 Muse songs, what's the one called that has black hole in it? Special black hole?' I wanted to hit her. I REALLY wanted to hit her.

I don't advocate violence against women, but there can be exceptions. ;)

Great show at Exeter tonight including the first performance of Muscle Museum since 2007

I will be putting all my pictures and videos up on my blog as soon as I can:-

https://rocktilidrop.wordpress.com/

I REALLY enjoyed reliving last night's fabulous experience watching people's videos this morning. I only managed to go to the show (after trying several hundred times on Ticketmaster) via a kind soul who read my plea on this board. My hubby and kids couldn't go. So I was showing them your vids which are great. I really wanted to show my eldest (who's on a school trip until tomorrow) Psycho live as he really likes the track but now it's unplayable on YouTube due to some copyright infringement I guess.

Is there anywhere else you can load it please? It's not as if it's going to stop anybody buying the studio version so I don't know why they've blocked it. Very disappointing. I have grumbled on their Twitter page for what it's worth.

Thanks again for the vids and pics. I forgot to take my phone in my rush to get there after work!

My neck still hurts from headbanging too hard. Seriously how could you not headbang until your head feels like it's going to come off during agitated and futurism? But it was easily my second favorite gig. Would have been my favorite if I were in the standing bit considering I could have easily been at the front from where I was and I'm someone who likes to move a lot during a gig.

What was it that matt saw in the crowd though? I didn't see because I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it was literally right below my balcony.

Last night was really awesome. The set list was fantastic and with less of the special effects you get in the stadium/arena type gigs you really could see how talented they are and why they so often win best live act.

I was also very fortunate to meet them as I volunteer for a charity called Attitude is Everything who aim to improve Deaf and disabled people’s access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry. So if you're a disabled music fan please check out their website:

http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/

Here is Muse showing their support for their campaign:

A photo will be added to Attitude Is Everything's website very soon. :)

I'll definitely check out that website!:) One of the disabled boardies had a horrific experience at Barrowlands. He emailed Glen and had an apology from him and he said the boys also apologised. I've advised him to write to Barrowlands' management as well. Not acceptable.:mad:

I'll definitely check out that website!:) One of the disabled boardies had a horrific experience at Barrowlands. He emailed Glen and had an apology from him and he said the boys also apologised. I've advised him to write to Barrowlands' management as well. Not acceptable.:mad:

It's probably a good idea if you ask your friend to contact Attitude is Everything about their experience. I've only been to Barrowlands once and there was a small platform at the back of the hall. AiE should be able to advise on what to do.

I know it was a bit of a nightmare exchanging my Wembley Stadium 2007 tickets for access ones. 2010 was better but they've changed the booking method again.

It's probably a good idea if you ask your friend to contact Attitude is Everything about their experience. I've only been to Barrowlands once and there was a small platform at the back of the hall. AiE should be able to advise on what to do.

I know it was a bit of a nightmare exchanging my Wembley Stadium 2007 tickets for access ones. 2010 was better but they've changed the booking method again.

So did you buy ordinary tickets first to make sure you got tickets?

Great gig from an awesome band. Not every day you get to see arguably the best live band in the world in a 1,800 seat venue. How I got tickets I'll never know. Luck of the click I guess. Great support bands as well. Moriaty were an unexpected surprise and have been on a loop all weekend.

Great gig from an awesome band. Not every day you get to see arguably the best live band in the world in a 1,800 seat venue. How I got tickets I'll never know. Luck of the click I guess. Great support bands as well. Moriaty were an unexpected surprise and have been on a loop all weekend.

Who was the other support band?

I wasn't impressed with Marmozets.:noey:

They're a bit of a marmite band really, either love them or hate them. I thought they were pretty good although couldn't understand a word she was singing. But then again I'm quite partial to some of the heavier stuff out there. The guys I went with didn't like them either but Muse if probably the heaviest stuff they listen to.

The singers throat must be pretty sore the day after a gig. Not sure she can go that hard for too many years......

They're a bit of a marmite band really, either love them or hate them. I thought they were pretty good although couldn't understand a word she was singing. But then again I'm quite partial to some of the heavier stuff out there. The guys I went with didn't like them either but Muse if probably the heaviest stuff they listen to.

The singers throat must be pretty sore the day after a gig. Not sure she can go that hard for too many years......[/quote

I watched the video of their song 'Captivate You' before the gig and I was really impressed. She has a great voice; why does she need to scream? Anyone can do that; you don't need talent. I was glad I'd brought earplugs with me but even using them I had to leave after about two songs.