2015.03.20 - The Great Hall, Exeter, UK

Munch2112

Does anyone else who was in the seats know who the huge block of seats from about row 1 to 10 was reserved for?

I was assuming friends and family - it was a heck of a lot of seats though! Perhaps local dignitaries as well? Not saying they haven't got a lot of friends and family, of course...

Great gig, was so thankful to have managed to have got a ticket on the day.

Does anyone else who was in the seats know who the huge block of seats from about row 1 to 10 was reserved for?

I was assuming friends and family - it was a heck of a lot of seats though! Perhaps local dignitaries as well? Not saying they haven't got a lot of friends and family, of course...

Great gig, was so thankful to have managed to have got a ticket on the day.

Chris drove in with his wife so I assume one must have been for her

Go ahead. I'm waiting for clips of you screaming like that. What a ridiculous claim to make.

What's ridiculous about it? Unless you cannot physically make a sound with your vocal cords, you can scream. It doesn't require talent. You're going to have a long wait if you think I'm going to ruin my voice to prove a point to a complete stranger who seems to think screaming is a talent (unless the screamer is employed by a film company making a horror film:LOL:)

What's ridiculous about it? Unless you cannot physically make a sound with your vocal cords, you can scream. It doesn't require talent. You're going to have a long wait if you think I'm going to ruin my voice to prove a point to a complete stranger who seems to think screaming is a talent (unless the screamer is employed by a film company making a horror film:LOL:)

Haha, let me give you some knowledge on the wonderful world of screaming in music...

Okay, screaming in music isn't just yelling at the top of your voice, because you'd ruin your throat in a couple of minutes. It's done differently, with a special technique that doesn't hurt your vocal chords. It's actually really hard to learn, and while I'm not particularly into that kind of music, it really is a skill!

I used to try and learn how to do it back when I was in heavy rock bands, but I could never get it!

EDIT: I mean to correct you in the politest way, btw. :LOL:

As explained, it's a singing technique like any other and requires talent and skill to pull off without ruining your voice. There are different styles of screaming that all require more than screaming at the top of your lungs. Your claim is ridiculous because it's based on a complete lack of knowledge and understanding just because you don't like the sound of it.

Haha, let me give you some knowledge on the wonderful world of screaming in music...

Okay, screaming in music isn't just yelling at the top of your voice, because you'd ruin your throat in a couple of minutes. It's done differently, with a special technique that doesn't hurt your vocal chords. It's actually really hard to learn, and while I'm not particularly into that kind of music, it really is a skill!

I used to try and learn how to do it back when I was in heavy rock bands, but I could never get it!

EDIT: I mean to correct you in the politest way, btw. :LOL:

Thank you! I'm a classically trained musician so I don't know about unconventional singing tecniques but I still prefer it when the Marmozets singer uses her voice as conventional singers do because she has an excellent voice.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It hurts my heart I didn't get to go to this. I live in Tavistock! Does anyone have any clue if Muse will be back in Devon soon?

I didn't want to go to London or Manchester for the Drones tour. For one, I would hate to sit and watch the show. Secondly the arenas are way too large. Would much rather enjoy a smaller local show.