Eh, I've seen Muse like 20-25 times and I still haven't gotten CE (was on the setlist for my first show but wasn't ever played). The reason people complain about rarities is because they're unfairly distributed. If you're in a bad area or in the United States almost entirely, you're not going to hear the older material.

Your just one seriously unlucky dumpling aren't you. Move to europe, we won't judge.

"The point being what you consider to be a setlist 'rarity' is very dependant on the era in which you were first introduced to muse"

...can you not read? as i said, it was only my 2 cents, not "IM RIGHT YOUR ALL MORONS" speil was it now...

Meh, I still consider The Small Print/Assassin/CoD and these other rarely played songs rarities because they haven't shown up in forever and when they inevitably do, they're not going to be played regularly. Hell, even Unnatural Selection are rarity status now.

Meh, I still consider The Small Print/Assassin/CoD and these other rarely played songs rarities because they haven't shown up in forever and when they inevitably do, they're not going to be played regularly. Hell, even Unnatural Selection are rarity status now.

For different reasons. US isnt seemingly that popular. Bliss and CE are just oooold and theyve been moved out to accomodate new stuff.

Maybe im just lucky, my last muse gig was Leeds 2011 afterall, but i had already seen all but 3 tracks from OoS live before that gig. I still think what one considers a rarity or whatever depends a lot on when you started seeing them live. Evidentally being an American has something to do with it too.

EDIT- CoD is a rarity i think, theyve never played it regularly. Seems a bit tough on the lungs that one. That being said, I've seen that one live too (^_^) sorry haha

Watching bits of this now, what is up with Matt? :erm: It's not for all the songs but he seems like he's really struggling vocally these days, looked pretty uncomfortable at points I thought too. Muse are getting old, damn

Great set though, and mix/performance

"The point being what you consider to be a setlist 'rarity' is very dependant on the era in which you were first introduced to muse"

...can you not read? as i said, it was only my 2 cents, not "IM RIGHT YOUR ALL MORONS" speil was it now...

Chill the fuck out.

Songs that have been played live rarely for the last few years are what I consider rarities. Doesn't matter if they were regulars 15 years ago. I've seen them live every time they were here since 2007 and this is the first time I got Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Uno and Apocalypse Please.

Watching bits of this now, what is up with Matt? :erm: It's not for all the songs but he seems like he's really struggling vocally these days, looked pretty uncomfortable at points I thought too. Muse are getting old, damn

Great set though, and mix/performance

yep I noticed the same...hope it's going to improve again...please don't hate me now but personally, I really didn't like that Micro Cuts performance at all, he didn't seem comfortable singing it at all. Additionally, I quite dislike that he doesn't sing this "don't leave me out in the cold" part from Dead Inside with chest voice as it is on the album but with falsetto instead.

But nevertheless, great setlist! :)

Honestly Micro Cuts needs to be dropped for the rest of the set's sake. Replace it with Hyper Music or Dead Star.

I might be wrong when I say this, but I think it might be beneficial to move it towards the end of the set, that way he's got loads of songs to warm himself up through. I think having MC as 4th or whatever song in the list is a bit much when he hasn't quite got into the swing of it. Reckon he could do with a 40 min warm up before attempting MC well. Just an observation from how he seemed to improve as time went on in last night's gig

I might be wrong when I say this, but I think it might be beneficial to move it towards the end of the set, that way he's got loads of songs to warm himself up through. I think having MC as 4th or whatever song in the list is a bit much when he hasn't quite got into the swing of it. Reckon he could do with a 40 min warm up before attempting MC well. Just an observation from how he seemed to improve as time went on in last night's gig

He did MC at the SS/NB slot in 2013. Is he able to do it again?

It needs to be dropped because it sounds shit nowadays :) you still have a point though
It's a hit and miss imo. Russia (I think?) and Download sounded great. One of them was actually the best performance since like 2002 imo.

Not sue I agree he improved. I stopped watching during Mercy but the songs after Micro Cuts were clearly affected by the MC performance. The Handler falsetto was really hoarse. I think the reason for playing it early is because he hasn't worn down his falsetto yet, as opposed to it being warmed up.

Well, this is one of the better gigs vocally judging from the tour as a whole. Though some of the most recent gigs have been way better than this, especially the Moscow one. The trend seems to be that his vocals are getting better and better, and I'm very sure they'll continue improving throughout summer.

Matt said in a recent interview that he relied on early gigs to get him into shape, because fuck the early gigs, right? But yeah basically that explains why he's been getting better. The issue now is simply that he isn't consistently great anymore, and certain gigs will definitely be better than others vocally.

Maybe im just lucky, my last muse gig was Leeds 2011 afterall, but i had already seen all but 3 tracks from OoS live before that gig. I still think what one considers a rarity or whatever depends a lot on when you started seeing them live. Evidentally being an American has something to do with it too.

Muse definitely has some consistent geographical anomalies when it comes to certain songs/rarities getting played. The US has slowly started somewhat of a shift that I hope continues through this tour.

I kind of see your point about different eras getting different songs - but doesn't that apply to just about 95% of all bands ever (besides Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Tori Amos, most jam bands etc)? That's kind of exactly what make a song 'rare' is when it stops getting played, regardless of how many times it was played on X tour X years ago.

I think they should just replace Micro Cuts with Assassin.

Oh yeah that works too.

Seriously, Muse have loads of heavy, older tracks that aren't difficult to song. Why does Matt have to insist on doing the hardest one when 1. Practically no one is asking for it and 2. He can only perform it well on a very good night.

The Moscow gig was vocally outstanding, as Tjet said the best MC performance since 2002 (and the Montreal one was already awesome). He didn't sound as good yesterday but he's probably still in the process of getting in shape, so I'd reserve my judgement.