I watched the whole gig and holy shit, I would go home happy. This is the perfect mix of "casual" hits and "the deep cuts". Hell, even Madness and Starlight were heavy and great.

My friend was there was she was really disappointed 'they were like KoL on stage, there was no interaction, lots of boring songs, lots of people were leaving early'.

Funnily enough she loves Arctic Monkeys (yawn) and 30STM (please kills me) so I'm taking her observations with a pinch of salt.

I'd rather have them rush through their set to maximize the amount of material played than shitty crowd banter

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I'd rather have them rush through their set to maximize the amount of material played than shitty crowd banter

:yesey: while the UD barrier run last tour was fun matt seemed really awkward forcing a lot of crowd banter at times and the times between songs were so long at times it was just ridiculous and they could've easily played 19 songs at times when they played 17 etc

also they sounded ace at Werchter holy shit they need to keep this kind of setlist a bit more often

Matt is still kinda strained and out of breath in the first half before Munich Jam, I thought he was going to bust a vein in Microcuts :LOL::(

The rest of the gig sounds much better though and the last "I wish I could" in SS is so good holy shit there's actually power behind it for once.

Matt is still kinda strained and out of breath in the first half before Munich Jam, I thought he was going to bust a vein in Microcuts :LOL::(

The rest of the gig sounds much better though and the last "I wish I could" in SS is so good holy shit there's actually power behind it for once.

defo, the first couple of songs were a bit strained, but he just needed to get into it

Crowd was unbelievably fucking shit but fuck it didn't give a fuck that was incredible.

I was there for 4 days and crowd isn't shit it's just different. People (most of them) are there for music, not so much for the moshing and jumping. That was the best thing about the festival for me. People around me were like: "That was nice falsetto" or "Nice intro" or stuff like that.

My friend was there was she was really disappointed 'they were like KoL on stage, there was no interaction, lots of boring songs, lots of people were leaving early'.

Funnily enough she loves Arctic Monkeys (yawn) and 30STM (please kills me) so I'm taking her observations with a pinch of salt.

http://i.imgur.com/gflne6M.jpg

There wasn't interaction but people liked it. I talked to like 30 people in camp last night and all but 3 guys said that Muse was the best headliner this year (others said Faith No More)

2 cents:

Seeing the numerous people above commenting on how theyve seen muse 8/9/10 times and never seen bliss or CE, and then looking at their sig and their first gig was in 2011, its not that surprisingly really is it. These songs came out a decade before your first gig, so as long as youve known muse these songs have not been regular fixtures. Whereas those of us brought up in either the Abso, OoS or before (lucky fuckers) eras, then these songs are as normal to us as starlight is common now, despite them being played less now. Thats not to say I wouldn't go "ahh citizen erased! classs!' at a gig if they played it, but I wouldnt be spazzing out as if theyve just decided to play spiral static or futurism. The point being what you consider to be a setlist 'rarity' is very dependant on the era of muse to which you were first introduced i think.

Edited by aleximo

2 cents:

Seeing the numerous people above commenting on how theyve seen muse 8/9/10 times and never seen bliss or CE, and then looking at their sig and their first gig was in 2011, its not that surprisingly really is it. These songs came out a decade before your first gig, so as long as youve known muse these songs have not been regular fixtures. Whereas those of us brought up in either the Abso, OoS or before (lucky fuckers) eras, then these songs are as normal to us as starlight is common now, despite them being played less now. Thats not to say I wouldn't go "ahh citizen erased! classs!' at a gig if they played it, but I wouldnt be spazzing out as if theyve just decided to play spiral static or futurism. The point being what you consider to be a setlist 'rarity' is very dependant on the era of muse to which you were first introduced i think.

Eh, I've seen Muse like 20-25 times and I still haven't gotten CE (was on the setlist for my first show but wasn't ever played). The reason people complain about rarities is because they're unfairly distributed. If you're in a bad area or in the United States almost entirely, you're not going to hear the older material.

My thing about rarities is, if it's all about getting a "reaction" from the crowd, only the first two or three rows give a reaction to any of the obscure material, even in France and England where people constantly praise the "amazing crowds". Those two or three rows would just be as ecstatic in Nashville Tennessee as the two or three rows up front in a Paris arena because the people queuing up that long are just as hardcore as the people in other geographical location. It's ridiculous, but that's an outdated complaint and it's unfair to judge until we see what happens, but they're certainly going in the right direction based on the last arena tour.

I'd much rather have a tour wide setlist with plenty of rotations and zero surprises than deal with the nonsense of "shit, Muse toured here already so they're not going to play the stuff they were just playing in the stadiums" like what happened with the United States last tour where the East Coast started getting Dead Star/Micro Cuts/Fury/Agitated. It's been like that for two or three tours now, where the people who see them last get the best shows. Especially Australia and Mexico, fucking hell.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

2 cents:

...Your point being?

...Your point being?

"The point being what you consider to be a setlist 'rarity' is very dependant on the era in which you were first introduced to muse"

...can you not read? as i said, it was only my 2 cents, not "IM RIGHT YOUR ALL MORONS" speil was it now...