2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

It says:

SECTION: Ticket,

ROW: GA0

SEATS: a number.

I hope you're right, I'l be quite happy to be in standing :D

Yeah its the same as mine, only I've got a GA1 & GA2. But if you check your receipt on Ticketmaster, it should say on there what you actually got, in this case it should be unreserved standing :)

I'm travelling down from Birmingham after work, back to my hometown (well, nearby Cwmbran). I am stopping at my parents overnight then heading back the next morning.

Newport is rough and the shops aren't amazing, so not much sightseeing! If you're there early, it might be worth just looking at the shops. Or you could go to Carleon and look at the Roman coliseum - if you have a car.

With regards to the venue, its tiny, 2000 capacity - It will be unbelievable, seeing a band as big as Muse somewhere that small. The Manics have played there a year or 2 ago. The venue doubles up as a leisure centre, where I sometimes go swimming!

I'm travelling down from Birmingham after work, back to my hometown (well, nearby Cwmbran). I am stopping at my parents overnight then heading back the next morning.

Newport is rough and the shops aren't amazing, so not much sightseeing! If you're there early, it might be worth just looking at the shops. Or you could go to Carleon and look at the Roman coliseum - if you have a car.

With regards to the venue, its tiny, 2000 capacity - It will be unbelievable, seeing a band as big as Muse somewhere that small. The Manics have played there a year or 2 ago. The venue doubles up as a leisure centre, where I sometimes go swimming!

I'm totally confused about the tickets/seating but I haven't seen anything in my confirmation email or order details on Ticketmaster that says anything about a tier, so hoping it will be standing. Think I will just get in the queue once I arrive and my train back is the next morning, so no time for sight-seeing.

I've seen Muse about 11 times from MEN Arena in Manchester to Wembley Stadim and Leeds/Reading festival, so to see them in a tiny little leisure centre will be a real novelty :happy:

I think it will mostly be standing, but who knows how they will lay it out. I'm sure I selected standing when I ordered, but on TM it says:

Section TICKET Row

GA9 Seats 35

:(

FFS they aren't seats... GA9 is general admission, they just put a seat number on tickets for admin purposes.

I think there is a permanent seating area in the venue so some of the tickets will be seated.

Think this is it:

p0000000186.jpg

GA means GA, people have phoned ticketmaster seemingly hundreds of times in the past few days about it... it's always the same, I don't think I've ever had a GA ticket without a seat number or at least some numerical designation on it...

FFS they aren't seats... GA9 is general admission, they just put a seat number on tickets for admin purposes.

Thanks - I hadn't gone through all the other replies.

I think there is a permanent seating area in the venue so some of the tickets will be seated.

Think this is it:

p0000000186.jpg

I think the floor seats won't be there, but the others probably will be.

Thanks - I hadn't gone through all the other replies.

I think the floor seats won't be there, but the others probably will be.

I thought the same, it's the only way. They can't have people standing on slopes. Therefore, there will be some seated tickets don't you think?

GA means GA, people have phoned ticketmaster seemingly hundreds of times in the past few days about it... it's always the same, I don't think I've ever had a GA ticket without a seat number or at least some numerical designation on it...

Depends if they can take out all the seating round the sides. If that's permanent seating then there will be seated tickets. It's a totally different venue to say Manchester Academy which looks like this:

crowd-from-stage.jpg

I don't know for sure but I imagine the ground floor seating can be removed as there are a number of different layouts possible and you can see these on their website. They have boxing matches there and the ring is right in the centre. I'm assuming the 'tiers' are fixed but I could be wrong.

We're leaving Cardiff at 5.30 in case there are any hold-ups on the roads. My husband worked in Newport for 12 years and could drive there in 15-20 minutes but that's assuming the roads are clear. We have to find somewhere to park and he then has to push me in my wheelchair to the centre. Look out for me; I'll be wearing blue jeans, red top and a black coat with a MUSE badge on it.:D

Can anyone recommend a good parking spot for the venue?

I'll be driving down from near the Midlands if anyone wants to share a lift.

I believe there is a multi-storey nearby, Kingsway, and their website says it is signposted from the motorway.

Here is the website of Newport City Council.

http://www.newport.gov.uk/_dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=visitconferences.homepage&contentid=devxp001456

Edited by maturefan

Depends if they can take out all the seating round the sides. If that's permanent seating then there will be seated tickets. It's a totally different venue to say Manchester Academy which looks like this:

crowd-from-stage.jpg

Yes there is seating, but seating tickets are seating tickets, general admission tickets are not seating tickets.

Just to clear a few things up for you guys, the seating around the sides and at the back is permanent but they are retractable meaning they can move in for more standing area, happens when you get events with a stage/ring in the centre, also be prepared for a very high quality sound as the centre has always been praised for its very good acoustics, truly a grossly underrated venue.

Yes there is seating, but seating tickets are seating tickets, general admission tickets are not seating tickets.

You sound like you think we're all thick but even the seated tickets say General Admission on them so I don't think you need to tell us all again.;)

Just to clear a few things up for you guys, the seating around the sides and at the back is permanent but they are retractable meaning they can move in for more standing area, happens when you get events with a stage/ring in the centre, also be prepared for a very high quality sound as the centre has always been praised for its very good acoustics, truly a grossly underrated venue.

Thanks! Someone on the Belfast gig thread has posted that if you go on twitter and look for #muse #psycho you will see photos of the guys arriving at the gig in Belfast. Being useless at Twitter I looked for #muse #belfast and there are photos there, too. Possibly even the same photos.:LOL:

Here to help anyone who needs questions answered!

I live 5 minutes walk away from the Newport leisure centre

Would say the capacity is around 2,000. Seats will be two tiers, adjacent to the stage, then another tear behind it higher up.

Parking opposite the leisure centre in the kings way car park is free for the first two hours, but charges the full hours after that! Perfect gig and opportunity to meet the band either before or after the gig as it's pretty open where the band will enter and exit(car park alongside the leisure centre, not behind)

Seen many bands play there including stereophonics and kasabian!

Any other questions don't be afraid to private message me !(as I don't really come on the message board often!)

Cheers all!

See you Thursday !

Can anyone recommend a good parking spot for the venue?

I'll be driving down from near the Midlands if anyone wants to share a lift.

Kingsway is the best bet. Emlyn Street is small but right opposite, and cheap. Probably will be full. What time are you heading down?

I really clutching at straws here I know but if anyone is going to the Newport gig and has a spare ticket and would like a long time Muse fan to go to the gig please Message me.

I'm from Newport and will be turning up at the venue with or without a ticket to try my luck, not that I expect to see the gig.

As for the venue I've been the many times to see the likes of Korn, Pantera and Marilyn Manson. The venue is small but the sound there is awesome this will be a gig to remember. The seats are normally removed fr the standing area so there is more standing space.

Enjoy the gig guys and if you have one of those golden tickets spare give me a thought. Cheers.

Disappointed this morning to see that Muse only played 15 songs at Belfast last night. Remember seeing the Manics at Llandudno a few years back, and I'm sure they played around 30 songs. Now that's value for money. Still excited for Thursday night, but afraid it'll be over much too quickly.

Does anyone know of any on street parking near to the Newport Centre?

I was going to park at the civic but it's a bit far.

I know the car park is opposite but I'm just a bit paranoid about opening hours and my car getting locked in after cause I'm driving to Exeter after the gig!

Kingsway is the best bet. Emlyn Street is small but right opposite, and cheap. Probably will be full. What time are you heading down?

Straight after work at 5:20pm ish.

Hopefully there will be enough spaces in the multistory.