2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

Does anyone know of any on street parking near to the Newport Centre?

I was going to park at the civic but it's a bit far.

I know the car park is opposite but I'm just a bit paranoid about opening hours and my car getting locked in after cause I'm driving to Exeter after the gig!

Why don't you look on Kingsway car park's website, or the Newport City Council's website? The multi-stories in Cardiff city centre stay open 24/7 so I'm sure the Newport one will be the same. It's not as if the gig is going to finish late.:)

Why don't you look on Kingsway car park's website, or the Newport City Council's website? The multi-stories in Cardiff city centre stay open 24/7 so I'm sure the Newport one will be the same. It's not as if the gig is going to finish late.:)

They are about 7am-12pm.. I kinda want 100% 24h really.

Salright, my dad worked in Newport so if not the civic then he'll have a suggestion!

I don't know for sure but I imagine the ground floor seating can be removed as there are a number of different layouts possible and you can see these on their website. They have boxing matches there and the ring is right in the centre. I'm assuming the 'tiers' are fixed but I could be wrong.

We're leaving Cardiff at 5.30 in case there are any hold-ups on the roads. My husband worked in Newport for 12 years and could drive there in 15-20 minutes but that's assuming the roads are clear. We have to find somewhere to park and he then has to push me in my wheelchair to the centre. Look out for me; I'll be wearing blue jeans, red top and a black coat with a MUSE badge on it.:D

I think my Girlfriend and I will be eating in Cardiff before going to the show to minimise the amount of time spent actually in Newport. :D

Does anyone know of any on street parking near to the Newport Centre?

I was going to park at the civic but it's a bit far.

I know the car park is opposite but I'm just a bit paranoid about opening hours and my car getting locked in after cause I'm driving to Exeter after the gig!

I'm sure there will be street parking within walking distance but I couldn't tell you exactly where :(. There are residential areas very close to the centre of town. Its not like major cities where there is no parking at all.

I'm small (5'2") and I've got standing tix. Is there enough room on the floor at Newport so that I wont be rammed into someone's back and unable to see a thing? So....at Brixton I'm fine bec the floor is raked and I don't mind being squished. But Shepherd's Bush Empire is rubbish because the stage is so low, and the floor so rammed that there are no sightlines for small people anywhere. I didnt get seats because I need to dance, jump etc. (obv). I have no hope of getting on the barrier because can't get there early enough. Any advice?

I'm small (5'2") and I've got standing tix. Is there enough room on the floor at Newport so that I wont be rammed into someone's back and unable to see a thing? So....at Brixton I'm fine bec the floor is raked and I don't mind being squished. But Shepherd's Bush Empire is rubbish because the stage is so low, and the floor so rammed that there are no sightlines for small people anywhere. I didnt get seats because I need to dance, jump etc. (obv). I have no hope of getting on the barrier because can't get there early enough. Any advice?

Really high heels? :)

I'm going to be in Birmingham the night before watching Placebo, two of my favourite band one right after each other, so damn excited! I was seeing Placebo in Bristol on the 19th also, but Muse announced Newport and well the rest is history. :p

Luckily my partners Parents live quite close to the venue, walking distance in fact, so will prob park there. Never seen a gig in Newport, hope the audience are wild, can't be dealing with a tame audience.

hahaha believe me I've tried all sorts of footwear for gigs and festivals its such a pain being short and I have had three broken bones in my ankle from jumping about in heels! I always come back to trainers because they are best for bouncing! No, I was wondering if anyone knew the venue and what the sightlines might be like. I may have to resort to that trick of clamping my hands on the shoulders of the big blokes in front so I can jump a bit higher...

I'm sure they did the same for the stadium tours, people were able to get up and stand or go and sit in unreserved seating, I think you may be fine, if its the same kinda system.

I was also meant to be going to Bristol on the 19th to see Placebo, but decided to sell the ticket. I'm seeing them the night before in Birmingham anyway, so im not missing out either way. It's almost like fate... Two of my favourite bands one after each other.

When I saw Royal Blood there last week you could choose to stand or sit. There were people who came in and sat down for a bit and then jumped to the front of the standing area.

Also what time are people planning on arriving to queue?

hahaha believe me I've tried all sorts of footwear for gigs and festivals its such a pain being short and I have had three broken bones in my ankle from jumping about in heels! I always come back to trainers because they are best for bouncing! No, I was wondering if anyone knew the venue and what the sightlines might be like. I may have to resort to that trick of clamping my hands on the shoulders of the big blokes in front so I can jump a bit higher...

I'm 5' 8" but I can't stand up for very long.:(

When I saw Royal Blood there last week you could choose to stand or sit. There were people who came in and sat down for a bit and then jumped to the front of the standing area.

Please don't get angry when you see a grey-haired woman in a wheelchair going to the head of the queue. I'm in the upper tier but I need a seat and staff at the venue told me I would be allowed in early. We'll probably be there between 6.00 and 6.30. Look at the Belfast gig thread if you want an idea how early to be there. I think there were about 20 people there by noon yesterday. :) Is anyone going to hang around the stage door to meet the band? I'd love to meet them but it's more important for me to get a seat so good luck to anyone who can actually see them close to.:D

Oh please let this be the case, my ticket is "tier one unreserved seating, GA0"

Edited by ProjektXtal

I'm 5' 8" but I can't stand up for very long.:(

Please don't get angry when you see a grey-haired woman in a wheelchair going to the head of the queue. I'm in the upper tier but I need a seat and staff at the venue told me I would be allowed in early. We'll probably be there between 6.00 and 6.30. Look at the Belfast gig thread if you want an idea how early to be there. I think there were about 20 people there by noon yesterday. :) Is anyone going to hang around the stage door to meet the band? I'd love to meet them but it's more important for me to get a seat so good luck to anyone who can actually see them close to.:D

6:00 / 6:30... I was thinking more like 4:30 or 5 . I so want a good view for this. and I wouldn't bother hanging around a stage door. last week when royal blood were there they just walked in through the main entrance. Girl in front of me in the queue met them. I was so gutted I missed them.

Hi, I got two tickets for this on Thursday but the person supposed to be coming is looking more likely to pull out. I'll find out by tomorrow, so just a heads up if anyone is looking for a ticket. I'll post it on the Musebay tomorrow if this is the case.

Hi, I got two tickets for this on Thursday but the person supposed to be coming is looking more likely to pull out. I'll find out by tomorrow, so just a heads up if anyone is looking for a ticket. I'll post it on the Musebay tomorrow if this is the case.

I'm sure someone else will have already said this before me, but dibbs?!

Obviously I'll check Musebay tomorrow too!