2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

Still can't believe I've managed to get tickets last night! was sooo intense. The fact their in such a small venue in Newport is amazing! going to be Epic!

Keep double checking my tickets though, think its paranoia, but its got GA1 and GA3 with a number, i've already been told my a fellow member that its deffo standing tickets, but i'm still worrying they might be unreserved seating :/ I need to be in there with the crowd!

My 'LOL! I missed that!' should have gone here.

Far away? Someone is flying from San Francisco to Belfast just to see Muse and I think flying straight back again. How much must THAT have cost? :eek: Sheer devotion.:D

Eeek! That is pretty keen!

Newport is my 'local' gig, but it'll still take me 4 hours to get there, on the train from Aberystwyth.

Wow!

I can't understand how people got tickets to my local town, Manchester, this morning as they seemed to be gone from the start but hey ho, Newport it is! At least Newport is sooner!

Still can't believe I've managed to get tickets last night! was sooo intense. The fact their in such a small venue in Newport is amazing! going to be Epic!

Keep double checking my tickets though, think its paranoia, but its got GA1 and GA3 with a number, i've already been told my a fellow member that its deffo standing tickets, but i'm still worrying they might be unreserved seating :/ I need to be in there with the crowd!

I was paranoid my ticket which says GA2 with two numbers would be standing even though it says Upper Tier-Unreserved Seating so I phoned the contact centre this morning and there are definitely seats where I can sit with my husband in this part. If there's no area stated it's probably the standing part but you can always phone if you want to and it will set your mind at rest.:)

Train and hotel booked. Never been to Newport before. This is going to be an adventure :p

Surely will be, Newport is rough as! :LOL:

I was paranoid my ticket which says GA2 with two numbers would be standing even though it says Upper Tier-Unreserved Seating so I phoned the contact centre this morning and there are definitely seats where I can sit with my husband in this part. If there's no area stated it's probably the standing part but you can always phone if you want to and it will set your mind at rest.:)

Ah thanks a lot! I've just checked my actual receipt on Ticketmaster and it says unreserved standing, so I think thats enough to put my mind at rest :LOL:

Ah thanks a lot! I've just checked my actual receipt on Ticketmaster and it says unreserved standing, so I think thats enough to put my mind at rest :LOL:

Oh crap! :LOL: It'll be straight from train to hotel to gig and no sightseeing then!

I've been all over the UK to see Muse play and they play my home town and I can't get a ticket, absolutely gutted!

Newport isn't so bad, think the City gets a lot of unfair criticism, it's been hit badly by the recession like a lot of places in Wales.

I know how you feel, I tried so hard to get a Manchester ticket. So frustrating :(

I'm just going to this one. Has anyone been to this venue before? It looks a lot different to the Manchester Academy. I wonder if the capacity is less (2,600).

It's gonna be amazing no matter what though, Muse have never let me down in a live show.

EDIT: Wiki says capacity is 2000, so will be pretty cosy in there!

Edited by shinybee

Newport isn't so bad, think the City gets a lot of unfair criticism, it's been hit badly by the recession like a lot of places in Wales.

I can't say much myself really, im from Merthyr Tydfil, now thats rough mind! :LOL:

Anyone going to any of the other gigs? I've got Exeter the next day and Brighton on the Monday.

I really wanted to do the others, especially after following them on every date on the last stadium tour, but down to the lack of warning these tickets or live dates were going to be announced and so soon, I can't make the other gigs! (Work full time) :( But Newport is going to be amazing!

I hope to do more dates on a future UK tour, just give us a bit more of a heads up next time guys? :LOL:

my tickets say lower tier unreserved seating. Wonder if there's any chance i can get into standing? Hope so but i doubt it

I'm sure they did the same for the stadium tours, people were able to get up and stand or go and sit in unreserved seating, I think you may be fine, if its the same kinda system.

I was also meant to be going to Bristol on the 19th to see Placebo, but decided to sell the ticket. I'm seeing them the night before in Birmingham anyway, so im not missing out either way. It's almost like fate... Two of my favourite bands one after each other.

:thumbsup:

I'm just going to this one. Has anyone been to this venue before? It looks a lot different to the Manchester Academy. I wonder if the capacity is less (2,600).

It's gonna be amazing no matter what though, Muse have never let me down in a live show.

EDIT: Wiki says capacity is 2000, so will be pretty cosy in there!

I've never been but from the photos I've seen it looks a bit like St David's Hall in Cardiff and that's an awful lot cosier than the Emirates Stadium. I will actually be able to see them this time without having to look at a video screen.

my tickets say lower tier unreserved seating. Wonder if there's any chance i can get into standing? Hope so but i doubt it

If you look at the photos of the interior of the venue there is an area just in front of that seated area for standing. I'm sure no-one would stop you if you waited till the show began and just walked forward. I don't know if you want to be at the front but it's so small being at the back of the standing area will still be close to the stage.

Shineybee, there's nothing wrong with Newport. It has rough areas like any other city. There aren't a lot of tourist attractions, though. Here's a video you can watch by Newport's finest export, Goldie Lookin Chain

My ticket says GA0 and has a seat number. Not sure whereabouts the seat will be.

I'm guessing that GA0 is the standing area; someone further back on this or one of the other gig threads said the number is so the venue/Ticketmaster can keep tabs on how many tickets have been sold. I am in the upper tier and my ticket says GA2. People in the lower tier seem to have GA1 written on their tickets. If it doesn't say 'seating' anywhere on your ticket it's probably standing.:)

I'm guessing that GA0 is the standing area; someone further back on this or one of the other gig threads said the number is so the venue/Ticketmaster can keep tabs on how many tickets have been sold. I am in the upper tier and my ticket says GA2. People in the lower tier seem to have GA1 written on their tickets. If it doesn't say 'seating' anywhere on your ticket it's probably standing.:)

It says:

SECTION: Ticket,

ROW: GA0

SEATS: a number.

I hope you're right, I'l be quite happy to be in standing :D