2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

Overall amazing gig with some great rarities and excellent sound quality. one little gripe though was the crowd around me - i was in the seats centre second row and got asked to sit down by the woman behind me as soon as i stood up! Seriously, who would go to a tiny Muse gig like that and expect people to remain seated? Looking around me most people to my right were seated for most of the gig - lad next to me filmed the whole thing and didn't look at the stage, sing or move once. Unfortunately when KOC came on sitting was not an option. Just unlucky choice of seats I guess, can't fault the music!

I was sat for most of the gig.

Didn't really know the etiquette to be honest, I've been to 100s of gigs but never sat at a rock gig before. :D

Also +1 on the sound, sounded amazing. Was really surprised at how good it was in there.

There was a guy right in front of me most of the night with a GoPro on a stick so I daresay there will be some good footage about somewhere. Shame though because he never bounced once!

Were you on a raised platform on Matts side?

Yes. There were two of us in wheelchairs. I was the old woman.:D My husband was standing behind me most of the time. One of the women next to me lives in Cardiff so I took her email address and sent her the video.

Oh, one more thing, did Matt say something about playing a slower song to give the guys at the front a break and then played Assassin? :LOL: It was pretty damned crushy at the front and clothes were so sweaty :$ Not complaining though, the set was immense.

after all the intense songs at the start I was absolutely shattered, covered in sweat etc. I had to take a step back from the front for a bit to get my breath back and then go nuts again :LOL:

Oh, one more thing, did Matt say something about playing a slower song to give the guys at the front a break and then played Assassin? :LOL: It was pretty damned crushy at the front and clothes were so sweaty :$ Not complaining though, the set was immense.

I think what Matt said was that the guys down the front had requested Assassin ie he was alluding to the noise on the messageboards about the fans wanting it played, especially after the teaser at Belfast. Which is really nice!

I was in the red Hollister top with the orange muse t-shirt under that with the blond hair just in case anyone saw me at the gig last night. I was round the back of the building at first and then slightly towards the front inside :D

Edited by lew99

after all the intense songs at the start I was absolutely shattered, covered in sweat etc. I had to take a step back from the front for a bit to get my breath back and then go nuts again :LOL:

Yep, my top was still damp with sweat by morning! Lucky I had a change of clothes and a hotel room with a shower :p And yeah, it was pretty suffocating at times. A couple of people had to get pulled from the crowd.

I think what Matt said was that the guys down the front had requested Assassin ie he was alluding to the noise on the messageboards about the fans wanting it played, especially after the teaser at Belfast. Which is really nice!

Aw, I was convinced he was saying we were going to get a slower song for a break. The security were not generous at giving out water and the people in front of me that took it took more than one cup and didn't pass any back.

Yep, my top was still damp with sweat by morning! Lucky I had a change of clothes and a hotel room with a shower :p And yeah, it was pretty suffocating at times. A couple of people had to get pulled from the crowd.

Aw, I was convinced he was saying we were going to get a slower song for a break. The security were not generous at giving out water and the people in front of me that took it took more than one cup and didn't pass any back.

I didn't realise they ever did that. I always bring my own but I don't suppose you want to be holding a bottle of water when you're jumping up and down, if they would even allow you to do that. I brought in two bottles of water in my handbag and security didn't search me.

BTW, this is how Marmozets sound when the singer actually sings instead of screaming. She has a great voice and they were really good live so why does she need to scream?:mad:

I didn't realise they ever did that. I always bring my own but I don't suppose you want to be holding a bottle of water when you're jumping up and down, if they would even allow you to do that. I brought in two bottles of water in my handbag and security didn't search me.

BTW, this is how Marmozets sound when the singer actually sings instead of screaming. She has a great voice and they were really good live so why does she need to scream?:mad:

Yeah, they quite often provide water to the people at the front, especially where you're not allowed to bring drinks in,

I got 2 and a half mins of Assassin. Picture quality isn't great sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGm0-dZanRs&feature=youtu.be

Gig was out of this world!! amazing!! suffering a massive come down now mind...

Great setlist, great audience, one hell of a night. Have not jumped like that in a long time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.:(

I was ecstatic all day Friday, really happy yesterday (rugby may have had something to do with that!:) ) and fell into a slough of despond last night. Still, it would have been worse if I HADN'T seen them!:yesey:

Speculation on other threads that they will tour the USA and some gigs in South America in the autumn with a return to the UK next Feb/March. That would suit me fine!:D

I was ecstatic all day Friday, really happy yesterday (rugby may have had something to do with that!:) ) and fell into a slough of despond last night.

Yes, you've got 'Post-Muse Depression'. I get it badly at the end of every tour. I'd have thought that they would announce some arena, if not stadium dates, when the album is released in June, if not sooner. Getting a date in the diary is the best cure.

Yes, you've got 'Post-Muse Depression'. I get it badly at the end of every tour. I'd have thought that they would announce some arena, if not stadium dates, when the album is released in June, if not sooner. Getting a date in the diary is the best cure.

Yes, especially for people who couldn't get time off work at a week's notice or who had already booked holidays.:( I hope they play Cardiff next time as Newport doesn't have any big venues. We have the Motorpoint Arena which holds 5,000 if fully seated and 7,500 if there is standing. The Millenium Stadium holds 72,500 people so there would be plenty of seats and a huge standing area.:D

• 1 month later...