2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

I find this is usually dependent on the function of my bladder myself :LOL:

I can't say for certain but there is a leisure centre in the same building. According to this the leisure centre is open until 10pm and has lockers operated by 20p pieces http://www.newport.gov.uk/stellent/groups/public/documents/leaflets_and_brochures/CONT470707.pdf I have never been in the building to know if the two facilities share the same entrance.

I think they do but those lockers may be in changing rooms which may be locked at 10pm.

I hope someone will be recording videos? I'm afraid to in case my phone doesn't have enough memory although I'm going to buy a new mini SD card so I can get at least one and some pictures. My husband is going to bring his camera but he hasn't used it for ages and he's not sure if it works.

Edited by maturefan

I hope someone will be recording videos? I'm afraid to in case my phone doesn't have enough memory although I'm going to buy a new mini SD card so I can get at least one and some pictures. My husband is going to bring his camera but he hasn't used it for ages and he's not sure if it works.

I'll give it a go if I can. The Ticketmaster page for the venue does say "no cameras" though. That leaves the option of being upfront and asking if I can bring it in playing dumb because I don't have a paper ticket, or being sneaky under the shoulder under the coat and hope they don't come kick me out :D Will come back here if I have anything worth sharing.

I'll give it a go if I can. The Ticketmaster page for the venue does say "no cameras" though. That leaves the option of being upfront and asking if I can bring it in playing dumb because I don't have a paper ticket, or being sneaky under the shoulder under the coat and hope they don't come kick me out :D Will come back here if I have anything worth sharing.

I would be sneaky.:LOL:

All gig tickets say no cameras and no recording. As long as you don't haul in a massive camera, I don' think anyone will be bothered. See Youtube for all the camera recordings of the last 2 gigs.

Yes, I think it's up to the individual venue. My son and I saw Suede at the Albert Hall last year and I was told to put my phone away. There were lots of people taking photos and videos on their phones but I just happened to have an employee of the venue standing behind me.:(

I've just bought a 30gig micor SD card for my phone and I have been reliably informed that I will be able to record up to 10 hours of videos on it. I don't know what the quality will be like and I'll be upstairs so someone else might get better footage if they are closer but I won't be behind other people (hopefully) so at least I will be able to record the band. :)

Edited by maturefan

Originally Posted by maturefan View Post

I am so excited and nervous about Newport on Thursday, I feel like I'm going to burst into tears. I am a relatively new fan so I've only seen them once, at the Emirates Stadium in May, 2013. As I use a wheelchair, I couldn't buy tickets during the presale. I contacted The Emirates about a wheelchair space. They wouldn't let me have one initially because I wasn't in receipt of Disabilty Living Allowance. I didn't claim it because, at the time, I didn't need the money, so I had to pay £50 to get a letter from my GP saying that I am genuinely disabled. It took me a week to get an appointment to see my GP and it was another week before my tickets came through. I wasn't out any money in the end as my companion's ticket was free, but all the best spaces had gone. This time I decided to buy a regular seat. I am lucky my legs are not paralysed so I can get out of the wheelchair and sit in a normal seat. The Newport Centre has been wonderful and have told me I can come in early so I can be sure of a seat.

saw your post on the Glasgow thread. Really hope you have a brilliant time tomorrow!

Originally Posted by maturefan View Post

I am so excited and nervous about Newport on Thursday, I feel like I'm going to burst into tears. I am a relatively new fan so I've only seen them once, at the Emirates Stadium in May, 2013. As I use a wheelchair, I couldn't buy tickets during the presale. I contacted The Emirates about a wheelchair space. They wouldn't let me have one initially because I wasn't in receipt of Disabilty Living Allowance. I didn't claim it because, at the time, I didn't need the money, so I had to pay £50 to get a letter from my GP saying that I am genuinely disabled. It took me a week to get an appointment to see my GP and it was another week before my tickets came through. I wasn't out any money in the end as my companion's ticket was free, but all the best spaces had gone. This time I decided to buy a regular seat. I am lucky my legs are not paralysed so I can get out of the wheelchair and sit in a normal seat. The Newport Centre has been wonderful and have told me I can come in early so I can be sure of a seat.

saw your post on the Glasgow thread. Really hope you have a brilliant time tomorrow!

Thanks! See you there!:D

Advice from the Barrowlands thread: if you want to meet the guys, it's best to get there by 3.30 - 4.00 which is around when they should arrive for the soundcheck. They arrived in separate cars around 5pm in Glasgow but the poster got the impression they were late. However, they were happy to stop and sign things and have pics taken with fans.:D

Still no ticket but will be heading to the venue straight from work, should be there for 4.15.

If anyone going tonight has a spare ticket could you please PM me, I really don't want to buy from a tout as they are the reason fans like me can't get tickets in the first place.

Good luck! I have been in Muse queues before where people have managed to buy tickets at the proper price from genuine fans, hope you find one like this today.

Still no ticket but will be heading to the venue straight from work, should be there for 4.15.

If anyone going tonight has a spare ticket could you please PM me, I really don't want to buy from a tout as they are the reason fans like me can't get tickets in the first place.

You deserve to get a ticket!:D If you are there at 4.15, hang around wherever the artists enter the building; even if you don't get a ticket, you are highly likely to meet the band, and that would be some consolation, wouldn't it? :)

From Ticketmaster yesterday

"Muse - Psycho UK Tour

You just need to take your photo ID, payment card and booking confirmation – your card will be swiped at the entrance for you to get in. All members of your party must arrive together."

so you should print off your booking confirmation e-mail and take it.

On my way now on the train :)

See you later!

Larry you are an absolute star, I've just got myself a ticket from Ticketmaster, lucky you're not here because I'd have to kiss you lol (Not in a gay way lol ;) )

See you soon!

Ticketmaster have just released a new batch of tickets, get on it quick!

Above your avatar it says: 'Not an angel yet.' You are!