2015.03.19 - Newport Centre, Newport, UK

unknown2936

I'm small (5'2") and I've got standing tix. Is there enough room on the floor at Newport so that I wont be rammed into someone's back and unable to see a thing? So....at Brixton I'm fine bec the floor is raked and I don't mind being squished. But Shepherd's Bush Empire is rubbish because the stage is so low, and the floor so rammed that there are no sightlines for small people anywhere. I didnt get seats because I need to dance, jump etc. (obv). I have no hope of getting on the barrier because can't get there early enough. Any advice?

Wear some trainers and try to get as close to the front as possible would be my advice so good luck and see you there:)

Does anyone know what I can expect from GA0 Upper Tier Unreserved Seating? I took Upper Tier as meaning on some sort of balcony or something, but from the photo I've seen of the venue a few pages back, this doesn't seem to be the case. I take it I'm just going to be in the back somewhere? I'm not planning on getting there until probably 8pm at the earliest, can someone who's been to Newport Centre before suggest what kind of position/view I'm likely to get? Or should I make the effort to get there a bit earlier?

Hi, I got two tickets for this on Thursday but the person supposed to be coming is looking more likely to pull out. I'll find out by tomorrow, so just a heads up if anyone is looking for a ticket. I'll post it on the Musebay tomorrow if this is the case.

Hi Ricky sent you a PM not sure if you got it. Im from Newport and desperate to go to my home town gig.

Does anyone know what I can expect from GA0 Upper Tier Unreserved Seating? I took Upper Tier as meaning on some sort of balcony or something, but from the photo I've seen of the venue a few pages back, this doesn't seem to be the case. I take it I'm just going to be in the back somewhere? I'm not planning on getting there until probably 8pm at the earliest, can someone who's been to Newport Centre before suggest what kind of position/view I'm likely to get? Or should I make the effort to get there a bit earlier?

Hi Gwynn,

I've only sat at the venue once, stood on many. I'm pretty sure the view of the stage is good as the venue is compact. Don't think you will have any issues where ever you are.

Hi Gwynn,

I've only sat at the venue once, stood on many. I'm pretty sure the view of the stage is good as the venue is compact. Don't think you will have any issues where ever you are.

Great, thanks for that. I suppose my question now is: Am I right in thinking that there's no point at all in me getting there early as I only have Upper Tier tickets, and therefore wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the stage even if I started queueing at midday?

Great, thanks for that. I suppose my question now is: Am I right in thinking that there's no point at all in me getting there early as I only have Upper Tier tickets, and therefore wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the stage even if I started queueing at midday?

If you have a seat then I can't see the point of turning up early, the Centre does have a bar so if you did you could always grab a beer. ;)

Really hoping we either get Glorious or Fury. I'd love Bliss, but never heard the previous two songs live before, apart from DVD/TV and that don't really count.

But yes, really loving the setlist, going to be epic! Words can't describe how excited I am, i've got butterflies in my stomach.

Just got a ticket about 10 mins ago. Really chuffed after thinking I missed out :D

Anyone know if there's any rules against cameras? I didn't read much of the bumf in the rush to buy a ticket and make sure it was mine.

Edited by anewman

Just got a ticket about 10 mins ago. Really chuffed after thinking I missed out :D

Anyone know if there's any rules against cameras? I didn't read much of the bumf in the rush to buy a ticket and make sure it was mine.

I don't know but the camera on my mobile is better than my actual camera so I've asked my husband to use that. My daughter saw Morrissey last year at the O2 and people were told that cameras and video cameras were not allowed. She stuck her camcorder under her armpit and wore a coat until she got inside and got some great videos! :LOL:

I don't know but the camera on my mobile is better than my actual camera so I've asked my husband to use that. My daughter saw Morrissey last year at the O2 and people were told that cameras and video cameras were not allowed. She stuck her camcorder under her armpit and wore a coat until she got inside and got some great videos! :LOL:

Nice. The biggest problem I have is I'll likely need my biggish zoom lens to get half decent pics.

For anyone needing parking it's already been mentioned there's Kingsway, but here's a link http://kingswaycentre.com/parking-at-kingsway £1 after 6pm and closes at midnight until 7am. I imagine the gig will be finished by midnight.

For anyone needing parking it's already been mentioned there's Kingsway, but here's a link http://kingswaycentre.com/parking-at-kingsway £1 after 6pm and closes at midnight until 7am. I imagine the gig will be finished by midnight.

Pretty sure it'll be finished by 11 really.

As to cameras, no one's mentioned any particular banning from previous gigs, just usually no SLR or flash on.

FYI from Glasgow last night they certainly had no bother with cameras there - people had camera phones, cameras with flashes etc ... obviously flashes annoy the other fans though so best to keep that to a minimum but there was plenty of it going on and nobody minded - was all part of the fun :) I don't think they'd welcome professional photography equipment though but I saw no one with that last night!

Also, if our gig is anything to go by then they'll be done pretty much bang on 11pm - if anything our show ran a little late due to the support act starting half an hour late. Our setup was meant to be doors at 7pm, support on 8pm - 8:30pm and Muse 9pm - 10:30pm but it was all shunted back about 30 mins.

You guys are in for an awesome time :D

Edited by Sarieberry

As to cameras, no one's mentioned any particular banning from previous gigs, just usually no SLR or flash on.

I'd hope to use a mirrorless so would be a small camera with big lens. As close to an SLR you can get without being one. Suppose I can take my chance and if I'm parked in Kingsway it' isn't a long walk to dump it back in the car.

Edit: ah Ticketmaster lists the following venue details...

General Rules

No Cameras.

No Video or Audio recording devices.

Edited by anewman
Details on Ticketmaster for venue

Given that I'm not going to arrive until 19:30ish, how close am I going to be able to get to the front without annoying anyone?

Depends on the crowd and the venue I guess but in Glasgow Muse weren't on until nearly 9:30 and up until that point people were just mingling around with no fixed spots and there was loads of free space - we came in at 8:30 and still got near the front and could've been closer if we'd wanted to weave further forward but we were happy where we were. Ended up about 8 rows back without even trying.

Depends on the crowd and the venue I guess but in Glasgow Muse weren't on until nearly 9:30 and up until that point people were just mingling around with no fixed spots and there was loads of free space - we came in at 8:30 and still got near the front and could've been closer if we'd wanted to weave further forward but we were happy where we were. Ended up about 8 rows back without even trying.

Sweet - good news! I am happy with 8 back, but will aim for 4 :D

anybody know what newport centre is like about bringing water bottles in? guessing they're the standard caps off policy but would like to know for sure (or perhaps people who went to glasgow/NI if secruity are travelling with muse?

anybody know what newport centre is like about bringing water bottles in? guessing they're the standard caps off policy but would like to know for sure (or perhaps people who went to glasgow/NI if secruity are travelling with muse?

I always carry a handbag with a bottle of water in it but, as I've never been there, I don't know whether I will be allowed to keep it.

Given that I'm not going to arrive until 19:30ish, how close am I going to be able to get to the front without annoying anyone?

I find this is usually dependent on the function of my bladder myself :LOL:

Anyone know if there's a cloak room? Would they take a bag?

I can't say for certain but there is a leisure centre in the same building. According to this the leisure centre is open until 10pm and has lockers operated by 20p pieces http://www.newport.gov.uk/stellent/groups/public/documents/leaflets_and_brochures/CONT470707.pdf I have never been in the building to know if the two facilities share the same entrance.