there was some sort of quiz last time round, before 2nd law was released?

What will it be this time? any ideas?

Maybe all those recent snippets we got belonged to one song, first single.

There is evidence that every bit of the recent 3 or 4 belong to the same song I agree. Whether it's the single or not we don't have a clue. I would hope so as it seems to be something heavier if its on a 7 string. When was the last time Muse released a properly "rock" first single? Stockholm Syndrome?

Realistically, if the album does rock hard, the first single probably won't be that heavy. While they might want to make a statement of intent, they don't want to scare off more casual fans.

First single/vid is gonna make casual fans shit themselves and run away. Time has come for me to hibernate until this day arrives

Is there such a thing as a 'casual' Muse fan these days? Muse are ubiquitous. If they're still giving such groups of people credence at LP7, they may as well sign away the rest of their career. Muse have spent three albums under Warner appeasing 'the casuals'. With BH&R, it worked incredibly well. But with TR and T2L, it flopped. They need a fresh start without the usual bullshit album cycle of hollow, soulless hype.

Survival rocked pretty hard. And three BH&R singles packed a fair bit of wallop.

I was referring to Madness but I guess we heard survival first. But still Madness was the single that got the radio play and the music video.

And again first single meaning Supermassive Blackhole not KoC or later singles. I'm referring to the first time Muse releases something widespread off a new album. Survival doesn't really count because it only had the Olympics and a few radio plays when it was first revealed. It didn't really take off.

Is there such a thing as a 'casual' Muse fan these days? Muse are ubiquitous. If they're still giving such groups of people credence at LP7, they may as well sign away the rest of their career. Muse have spent three albums under Warner appeasing 'the casuals'. With BH&R, it worked incredibly well. But with TR and T2L, it flopped. They need a fresh start without the usual bullshit album cycle of hollow, soulless hype.

I wouldn't say ubiquitous. And I just meant that if they have written something on a par with Micro Cuts in terms of weirdness and heaviness, that won't find a single release.

I love crow.

If anyone doubts,

Thenn_crow_LB.gif

True. But where do you therefore draw the line of relative 'weirdness' comparing singles from the last three albums against, say, the singles from Origin? Can we expect a Plug In Baby, a Bliss, a New Born, a Hyper Music? I'd say something along those lines when judged against Starlight, Madness, Undisclosed Desires or Resistance is wholly plausible.

EDIT: to Alec, ofc.

Also:

crow_1646083c.jpg

What if the new album is released together with Half-Life 3? :eek:

Would be the best day in internet history lol. I was thinking the other day how we (HL fans) thought the wait between HL1 and 2 being 6 years was an eternity, especially after a 1 year delay. Here we are 11 fucking years later still no HL3. And 8 years since episode 2.