the interval of videos / photos has not always been 4 days. other times it was 3 or 2.

THE DRONES CHRONOLOGY

OCTOBER 2014

07 october - First instagram photo. The recording process begins

06 october - First instagram video: without audio

06 october - Muse.mu news: Follow Muse on instagram

23 october - Album Producer reveal on instagram: Mutt Lange

NOVEMBER 2014

04 november - Muse.mu news: Mutt Lange announced as producer

05 november - Second recording session begins: guitars

05 november - 3 First shows announced: Germany & Austria

JANUARY 2015

20 january - Second instagram video. Matt with guitar.

26 january - Third instagram video: DRONES title / Psychological Abuse

FEBRUARY

04 february - First magazine covers with blacked eyes

05 february - Thom Kirk Tweet: "Needless to say it now needs to get mixed, mastered, packaged, sat on, groped, listened to again & then #Released" - Recording finished.

07 february - Instagram video - helsinki riff

07 february - Matt Mahurin reveal he is the artwork designer on instagram

09 february - Third cover magazine with audio

10 february - Thom Kirk post on twitter a photo of possibly trailer video editing.

13 february - Fourth cover magazine with audio

14 february - Thom Kirk tweet: #TheNightBeforeTheInduction video

15 february - First video recorded in San Francisco.

17 february - Fifth cover magazine with audio

17 february - Marc Carolan (Muse engineer) POSSIBLY tweet : "Rock…. New muse album…..." - Album are finished???? (mixed and mastered)

22 february - Photoshoot with Matt Mahurin, the artwork designer

MAY - (2 shows to play)

25 may - ¿¿¿album release??? (In Europe, albums are usually published on mondays/tuesday)

29 may - First concert @ Rockavaria, Munich

JUNE - (9 shows to play)

01 june - ¿¿¿album release???

21 june - Summer season begins ("album released in summer maybe, blablablah")

JULY - (9 shows to play)

THE 2ND LAW CHRONOLOGY

MARCH

11 march- First Official news on Muse.mu: Photo gallery recording @ studio

MAY

11 may- Second Official news on Muse.mu: Photo gallery recording @ studio with "And stay tuned to muse.mu for more exciting news coming soon..."

JUNE

- 06 june - Trailer

- 07 june - UK & European tour dates announced

- 13 june - UK & European tour ticket on sale

- 27 june - Survival Premiere on BBC Radio 1

JULY

- 13 July - Tracklist

- 30 July - The 2nd Law Artwork

- 24 July - The 2nd law pre order

- 27 July - Madness video recording Starts

AUGUST

- 06 august - First single announced: Name and date. The 2nd Law release date announced.

- 06 august - "New" Muse site launch

- 08 august - Madness video recording Ends

- 20 august - Madness radio premiere / lyric video. MP3 available to buy on muse.mu & iTunes

- 28 august - iTunesFestival, The Roundhouse (30 Sept 2012)

SEPTEMBER

05 september - Madness video release

07 september - E Werk Cologne show announced (20 Sept 2012)

18 september - Paris, The Olympia show announced (02 Oct 2012)

21 september - Connectome Project to unlock The 2nd law: Isolated System.

OCTOBER

01 october - The 2nd Law release

My guess is another photo or 10 seconds video of piano, synths (arpegios) or drums fragment today.

Edited by GrMalkfredt

Not sure if anyone noticed this, I cbf reading the other thread.

In the second Instagram clip, Chris plays a bass riff and someone mentions a new bass sound. Third clip starts with very similar riff + distortion and fuzz-ish sound. In the fourth, the bass is playing in the same key as the previous two but without fuzz.

Not that it means anything, but enjoy.

After seeing Royal Blood live I can say they are not to be made fun of, absolutely amazing live and if muse replicated a bit of their heaviness on the drums and bass I'd be happy.

Obviously Chris is a much better bass player so I'm hoping for some great stuff from him this album, we've talked heaps about Matt but not so much about Chris!

After seeing Royal Blood live I can say they are not to be made fun of, absolutely amazing live and if muse replicated a bit of their heaviness on the drums and bass I'd be happy.

Obviously Chris is a much better bass player so I'm hoping for some great stuff from him this album, we've talked heaps about Matt but not so much about Chris!

Yeah not sure why they're the subject of so much passive ridicule on here, heard their album a few times now and they sound like the real deal. I think it's perhaps because people prefer other heavy bands and can't understand the exposure RB are getting in mainstream music.

I've heard they're cracking live aswell, I'll know for sure after I see them next friday I guess.

What are you talking about? I'm not making fun of Royal Blood. They invented rock music.

Oh come on...nobody honestly thinks that!

Sure they aren't exactly new or original, but it's great to have more bands like this who are popular rather than all the other mainstream pop shit. If they get kids into rock, than that's great!

Hopefully Drones can pickup some new fans too

Oh come on...nobody honestly thinks that!

Sure they aren't exactly new or original, but it's great to have more bands like this who are popular rather than all the other mainstream pop shit. If they get kids into rock, than that's great!

Hopefully Drones can pickup some new fans too

There has never really been a shortage of popular rock bands. Royal Blood aren't taking the place of some pop act. If anything they're taking the place of a rock band that's actually innovative.

I do enjoy Royal Blood - at times the album production is great and everything sounds nice and full, but there are moments when the bass & drums just aren't enough.

I'd like more technical, interesting riffs from Muse. In the last thread people were obsessing over the 0-3-0-5-0-3-0 riff and others they play after songs live - they're far too simple, based on other band's songs and just don't lead anywhere. There is merit in taking forward the Helsinki Jam type material but not these simpler riffs which are the kind you might say that Royal Blood are more likely to use.

MK Ultra is an example of a great spidery/interesting riff - I could go for something like that played an octave lower with some different rhythmic/syncopation maybe even a 'Math' element to it?

I'd like some Math-Rock experimentation. Animals' polyrhythms were great too.

There has never really been a shortage of popular rock bands. Royal Blood aren't taking the place of some pop act. If anything they're taking the place of a rock band that's actually innovative.

I agree, but damn I love their music still.

It's like nobody has heard of the band Disco Ensemble; but some of their guitar riffs and songs would be massive if people heard them.

Royal Blood have only just started so they've got heaps of room to grow and shape their sound.

Anyways...back to Muse!