It kind of does, as a guitarist I would never mute the other string if I was playing this just for fun. The only reason to do it would be for recording purposes where you want it to be completely perfect otherwise you would just play it normally.

Although I agree I wouldnt mute it with simple a piece of paper. Especially if im gonna be tremola picking. Although that can be just me and my sloppy picking :D

In the recent interview Matt gave the impression that they had spent more time than usual writing songs, and that he wasn't sure that CE2 would end up on the album. So I'd say they have more songs than they need. The question is if we'll get to hear them.

Surely the ones that won't make it onto the album will be B-sides though??

It kind of does, as a guitarist I would never mute the other string if I was playing this just for fun. The only reason to do it would be for recording purposes where you want it to be completely perfect otherwise you would just play it normally.

Maybe what I said wasn't clear enough. Maybe he was simply waiting for them to start recording. Either before a take, or between takes. The muted string suggest recording, but it's not the definitive "yes, it is a take". He could simply be waiting and just dicking about on the guitar, post set up

I want to just be clear, i'm merely saying it sounds like a warm up exercise. I'm not necessarily saying it is a warm up.

Thanks. Some of the snippets in that video sounded pretty cool. I listened to the full track that's on Youtube though and didn't care that much for it. The vocals just aren't my thing, similar to Biffy (blasphemy I know).

Operate? Yeah that one is a bit underwhelming. He did it by himself last year as a one-off, I think. Try Oceansize's (his previous band) The Charm Offensive. :srsb33f:

Operate? Yeah that one is a bit underwhelming. He did it by himself last year as a one-off, I think. Try Oceansize's (his previous band) The Charm Offensive. :srsb33f:

Ooh, I quite like that :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Z0XoJJA0o

""Muse - Drones [10 minute..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group."

Warner are the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Z0XoJJA0o

""Muse - Drones [10 minute..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group."

If anything this is another hint at a title track being on the album?

Watched that vid on Pledgemusic, the tracks sound cool but the way the guy did that video really annoyed me :LOL:

Can he just stand and talk to the camera FFS

He's too hyperactive I guess. He kinda moves like that while playing guitar for Biffy live too :LOL:

To be kinda on topic, Matt should definitely get some guitar influence from mr. Vennart. None of that AC/DC boring bullshit :cool: