So Matt thinks that because of TR, they're done with prog? Oh wow.

Nice article though, good questions.

Ugh yeah, lol. Prog bands that have been writing for 40 years aren't done with prog.

Other than that, sounds terrific. Please include CEII though.:p

I wonder what the touring schedule will be for this album. The first wave of arena tours usually follows the album release, but with the festival dates, I wonder if they will postpone the tour until later in the year

I wonder what the touring schedule will be for this album. The first wave of arena tours usually follows the album release, but with the festival dates, I wonder if they will postpone the tour until later in the year

Well yeah, obviously the arena dates will be after the festival ones.

You are high. Matt is unequivocally a better singer on the last two albums than he ever was on the first 4. Thats not even an opinion. I always thought he had a good voice... for a rock singer. Now he sings better than the majority of famous vocalists in mainstream music full stop. Better than most of those who are just vocal "artists."

We're talking how he delivers them rather than the sound of his voice per se. There's definitely more inherent cheese in a lot of vocals on the last two albums.

The prospect of having songs that sound even remotely like OoS is too much to handle! I've jokingly said I want OoS 2 for the past 10 years, and I know that's not what this or any future album will sound like cos they don't want to repeat themselves, but the fact that Matt has devoted time to attempting to recreate that sound in some way is, in itself, a miracle!

I honestly thought they'd completely turned away from 'back-to-basics', so I can't wait to hear what this will sound like! Trying not to get my hopes up too high but I really can't, lol! :awesome:

The prospect of having songs that sound even remotely like OoS is too much to handle! I've jokingly said I want OoS 2 for the past 10 years, and I know that's not what this or any future album will sound like cos they don't want to repeat themselves, but the fact that Matt has devoted time to attempting to recreate that sound in some way is, in itself, a miracle!

I honestly thought they'd completely turned away from 'back-to-basics', so I can't wait to hear what this will sound like! Trying not to get my hopes up too high but I really can't, lol! :awesome:

Not sure I would expect OOS part 2. Based on their Instagram clips the sound is more back to basics but to me doesn't resemble a OOS sound. Just a rock based sound.

Well, that radio show was disappointing. Really hyped that it will be on later in the week!

The more people hypothesize about an imaginary radio show feature the more it'll hurt when these baseless imaginary expectations come crashing down

Really hope they haven't gone in too hard with the OoS approach. I would love the songs to have the same sense of intensity but there different musically as a band now so I'm hoping they restrict themselves from making it sound like the ghost of OoS. You see so many bands try and replicate earlier material years afterwards and fail. Then again this is Matt so he was probably talking a load of bollocks and/or has changed his mind several times since he done the interview. The teasers we've had don't really sound very OoS anyway.