lol isnt that the guitar that someone on the selling thread advertised

yeah

I almost died when he said he's not familiar with Muse, followed by acknowledging that Manson builds Matt's guitars. Oh and the fonts are "straight from the builder"

What the actual fuck

It looks like it's the customer who's posting on there, but he does seem to be familiar with "MIDI squares"

Very interesting... I think I still have some in the control cavity of the last guitar I sent over. Maybe it was intended for cleaning purposes, and not what I've been using it for.

Maybe.

:LOL:

Should've said coke zero. Didn't get the stuff looking brand new, but it looks pretty good for being 40 years old.

What's a well-built, reasonably-priced dual humbucker guitar? I kinda want one to fit the MBK-1 pickups :rolleyes:

I'm drooling over the Fender FMT HH Tele's, but swapping the good SD pickups for MBK-1's seems like a waste :stunned:

EDIT: Btw, is this Matt's Doublecut LP? https://reverb.com/item/1542147-2007-gibson-les-paul-standard-double-cut-rare-black-beautiful-clean-mint-w-orig-w-hard-shell-case

Edited by Cider

What's a well-built, reasonably-priced dual humbucker guitar? I kinda want one to fit the MBK-1 pickups :rolleyes:

I'm drooling over the Fender FMT HH Tele's, but swapping the good SD pickups for MBK-1's seems like a waste :stunned:

EDIT: Btw, is this Matt's Doublecut LP? https://reverb.com/item/1542147-2007-gibson-les-paul-standard-double-cut-rare-black-beautiful-clean-mint-w-orig-w-hard-shell-case

Why not use your LP? Or are you looking for something else different?

anyone with both the manson standard and deluxe strap can confirm the differences between the two? I'm only asking because it looks like Matt has been using a different kind of strap ever since T2L, and im wondering if he just switched over to the deluxe straps, since the smaller hook part of his straps are long, and whenever I adjust my standard strap to the same length while standing (I'm the same height as Matt lmao), the wide padding part of the strap rubs up against my guitar and it gets caught under it whenever I do crazy theatrical stuff. I doubt Matt would use any other different strap, since his new ones do look pretty much the same as the manson ones, but I'm not so sure about the length of the smaller strap part that hooks onto your strap button.

anyone with both the manson standard and deluxe strap can confirm the differences between the two? I'm only asking because it looks like Matt has been using a different kind of strap ever since T2L, and im wondering if he just switched over to the deluxe straps, since the smaller hook part of his straps are long, and whenever I adjust my standard strap to the same length while standing (I'm the same height as Matt lmao), the wide padding part of the strap rubs up against my guitar and it gets caught under it whenever I do crazy theatrical stuff. I doubt Matt would use any other different strap, since his new ones do look pretty much the same as the manson ones, but I'm not so sure about the length of the smaller strap part that hooks onto your strap button.

he's using these

actually, no, maybe you're referring to the elusive strap extender that they used to sell.

maybe one of the black top teles

and nope, this is :ninja:

3JjhJ8m.jpg

edit:

maybe Jaicen will only really find this interesting, but I found this inside the 70's marshall I just bought

78ASEad.jpg

That must make it one of the good sounding ones. :ninja: I recall they mentioned these amps in one of the factory tour videos as well. Not sure how many were signed though

Edited by james90

Is that inside one of yours!? That is cool. Apparently Jim used to sign the cabs that he covered when they started having quality issues to show which ones he'd done. A bit like the Fender practice of signing the necks etc.

Yeah, though you can barely see the signature - I actually had to take that picture with the flash to see whether it was Marshall's or someone else's. I figured it might be in there though, since it mainly seemed to be '76 amps that were signed :nerd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1V9jRuN3Wg

14:17

I did have a 50 watt from the same year that I sold back in 2009 which was also signed in the exact same place. That is probably the only amp I truly regret getting rid of (although it was to fund a proper 60's plexi super lead which I still have, but never use...)

yes you do

also, just got the email with the details for the muse VIP pack.

Seems like I'll have about two hours (provided everything goes as planned, which it won't) to spend in the museum. There are other things to do as well, but none of that matters to me. :nerd:

Unfortunately they make you leave once it's time for Muse to go on, but it should be good.

I was looking at those also, but dat 9.5 radius tho :$

Nothing wrong with that, I think we're just spoiled by the 10-16 compound radius. I will say that my old strat with the 7.25 radius feels a bit strange to play after playing these other guitars, but it's easy enough to get used to.

these are fairly decent if you can find them. not anywhere near as good as the cort, but I did have one about ten years ago (I've been playing guitars since the 60s and I'll have you know...) and it lasted quite a while. Eventually the headstock snapped off, but usually that isn't supposed to happen

362e.pacifica_120_sj.jpg

I had the BKP nailbomb and mississippi queen in it and it sounded pretty good, though the pickups did cost more than the guitar. :facepalm: the electronics were complete garbage and it wouldn't fit CTS pots though, but other than that, the guitar itself definitely had a lot of potential for upgrades etc

The FMT teles are pretty nice. I was going to buy one, but then the mbc-1 was announced.

362e.pacifica_120_sj.jpg

I had the BKP nailbomb and mississippi queen in it and it sounded pretty good, though the pickups did cost more than the guitar. :facepalm: the electronics were complete garbage and it wouldn't fit CTS pots though, but other than that, the guitar itself definitely had a lot of potential for upgrades etc

Needs more output jacks

13437441361884.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNT4Ggs1Qyc

7 seconds in

gutted mate. But maybe this means I have a chance of finally seeing this song live...

also, this isn't a DS-1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC0EZ7-IcrI

also, i should actually have some of these printed up for @dickmovedom's anniversary on the board

RQeTXcK.jpg

Edited by james90

Awe yes James, finally got CE last night :D Soon as they finished playing the song I got this on twitter, followed by him liking my response tweet.

A6MATCF.jpg

Nice one

I wonder if it's too late to get something #special for brooklyn or newark....I hope there's at least some variation since the venues are so close together

Nothing wrong with that, I think we're just spoiled by the 10-16 compound radius. I will say that my old strat with the 7.25 radius feels a bit strange to play after playing these other guitars, but it's easy enough to get used to.

these are fairly decent if you can find them. not anywhere near as good as the cort, but I did have one about ten years ago (I've been playing guitars since the 60s and I'll have you know...) and it lasted quite a while. Eventually the headstock snapped off, but usually that isn't supposed to happen

362e.pacifica_120_sj.jpg

Those Yamaha's are gonna be hard to find. We are so spoiled with the flat radius though - I was at a music shop earlier and played around with a Modern Player Tele. Just couldn't deal with that curved fretboard :/

You guys got any sound samples of the MBK1/3/90's I could check out? :D

Kurt used a lot of Distortion pedals and he often cycled through different ones. He just settled on the DS-1 for most of it iirc.

Oh I know. I was just saying it wasn't a DS-1.

I think you can actually see a DOD grunge pedal in the live and loud performance (at the beginning of endless nameless I think, but all of the decent videos have been removed)

Those Yamaha's are gonna be hard to find. We are so spoiled with the flat radius though - I was at a music shop earlier and played around with a Modern Player Tele. Just couldn't deal with that curved fretboard :/

You guys got any sound samples of the MBK1/3/90's I could check out? :D

soon

and there is a natural finish one on reverb right now, but someone modified it with a weird shaped yellow pearloid pick guard. :vomit: It's probably not worth it though - it's the older version with the direct mount pickups (the one MattB used, but it's going to be more difficult to modify)