I think I'll ask him for a timestamped photo...

EDIT:

bcb55bfdcb.png

Tbh I think asking him for more detailed pictures at different angles would be enough, since he doesn't have the guitar :rolleyes:

Ask for one where you can she the guitar directly, and then follow up with "the body doesn't look like a telecaster to me. Do you have any information on this reissue Fender because I can't find any" :rolleyes:

I think I'll ask him for a timestamped photo

Do we know this person?

Also

Available for local pickup from Miami, FL

Don't offer that option if you're going to scam someone :facepalm:

Emphasis on dog, there. I was just thinking of a way you may have pissed off your postie. Making him lug 30kg worth of amps and guitars from his van every odd week maybe? I'm just saying don't rule out sabotage.

Yeah that's true. But I know what happened now... shame, as this thing was just about perfect, and now it's destroyed.

Not entirely sure what will end up happening, but it should work out in my favour at least

Also

Don't offer that option if you're going to scam someone :facepalm:

t

Yeah but a rich unsuspecting kid with 2200 in cash is really easy target :eek: He can't ship it though because you need a credit card to sell with reverb, which then is tied to your FICO and SSN and everything.

:eek:

How many bikes are you building??

I have a problem...

This is something I had to try and explain to my flat mates also. Rocking up for semester 2 with a 30 watt Vox 2x12 was not a popular choice for me.

But then I turned it on and they forgave me.

:LOL: I've also somehow managed to avoid noise complaints, got the Blues junior set at sort of bedroom noise level, although I can't turn it up past 2, that's when I'll start pissing people off in the flat next door :LOL:

here you go

Sounds great :awesome:

I have a problem...

:LOL: I've also somehow managed to avoid noise complaints, got the Blues junior set at sort of bedroom noise level, although I can't turn it up past 2, that's when I'll start pissing people off in the flat next door :LOL:

Sounds great :awesome:

ye

also, are you building these bikes for yourself, or "friends"? :ninja:

I think I've salvaged the chassis for the VT40. Managed to clean it well enough with some chemicals, but I think the trannies still have a faint smell of piss.

Otherwise it's all good as far as that part goes, just need to figure out the cabinet. We're either getting the original cleaned properly and new speakers installed, or a replica cabinet made...

maybe with red tolex and black grill cloth this time?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBr7Q_obvm4

ye

also, are you building these bikes for yourself, or "friends"? :ninja:

Haha I'm building up a bike for riding the MTB trails up by the uni... Plus it was an excuse to build another bike... :LOL:

I think I've salvaged the chassis for the VT40. Managed to clean it well enough with some chemicals, but I think the trannies still have a faint smell of piss.

Otherwise it's all good as far as that part goes, just need to figure out the cabinet. We're either getting the original cleaned properly and new speakers installed, or a replica cabinet made...

maybe with red tolex and black grill cloth this time?...

Definitely go the red tolex/black grill route! :awesome:

also, SDFX continues to impress me...

Their new Namm releases look great! Have you seen the Kliptonite? Pretty cool looking fuzz/overdrive

Also they've made a successor to the PDF-1, the new one has a gain control plus an extra footswitch for clean/overdrive :facemelt:

pdf-2-650-80.jpg

Edited by D3adstar

I know! The one QOTSA show I've been to was easily in my top three gigs of all time

Absolutely the same with me, I won't forget the QoTSA gig I was at. Totally class.

Also, 64 channel midi controlled valve amp? I wouldn't even begin to know where to start :LOL:

Total n00b question, can I run a daisy chain off a PSU and have it work without any issues?

Generally speaking yes, but some pedals just do not like it. There are just some pedals out there which hate sharing their power and have a bunch of noise when not isolated. The only way to know for sure is to try it.

I had a couple pedals all daisy chained on from a 1-spot power adapter without any issues.

Generally speaking yes, but some pedals just do not like it. There are just some pedals out there which hate sharing their power and have a bunch of noise when not isolated. The only way to know for sure is to try it.

I had a couple pedals all daisy chained on from a 1-spot power adapter without any issues.

Cheers, just didn't want to fuck everything up in one fell swoop.

Cheers, just didn't want to fuck everything up in one fell swoop.

Just make sure all the pedals you try to daisy chain use the same power type. Some Pedals have Centre Positive, others have Centre Negative.

http://neunaber.net/blogs/brian-s-notes/13849473-pedal-power-basics

Can't remember the common one off the top of my head, my most pedals are the one type. Good to just double check so you don't ruin a pedal.

Just make sure all the pedals you try to daisy chain use the same power type. Some Pedals have Centre Positive, others have Centre Negative.

http://neunaber.net/blogs/brian-s-notes/13849473-pedal-power-basics

Can't remember the common one off the top of my head, my most pedals are the one type. Good to just double check so you don't ruin a pedal.

Ahhh heck, just when I though I was winning. Spreadsheet time!

Does anyone know roughly what height a sustainer driver should be at? Looks like some strings have been rubbing mine a little.

Also, which blue thing (trimpot?) on the circuit board adjusts harmonic mode intensity? I found this stuff on the sustainiac site a while ago but can't find it now :facepalm:

What a time to be alive

I guess there's only one way to find out.

The show yesterday was very good, but... I don't know. It just feels like it was missing something (probably new born or stockholm syndrome)

That said, I'm looking forward to the one tomorrow... :nerd:

Does anyone know roughly what height a sustainer driver should be at? Looks like some strings have been rubbing mine a little.

Also, which blue thing (trimpot?) on the circuit board adjusts harmonic mode intensity? I found this stuff on the sustainiac site a while ago but can't find it now :facepalm:

That seems to happen no matter what height they're set at - I'm pretty sure every sustainer guitar I have is like that. I have no idea why.

and not sure, I think there's also a (really) little trim pot as well, so there might actually be three of them

The show yesterday was very good, but... I don't know. It just feels like it was missing something (probably new born or stockholm syndrome)

That seems to happen no matter what height they're set at - I'm pretty sure every sustainer guitar I have is like that. I have no idea why.

and not sure, I think there's also a (really) little trim pot as well, so there might actually be three of them

One of the blue ones is for the level of the pickup sound, the other blue one is for the level of the sustainer "regular" mode, and the little tiny one is for harmonic mode.

Ah. Was a bit puzzling since the strings don't actually touch it at all.

One of the blue ones is for the level of the pickup sound, the other blue one is for the level of the sustainer "regular" mode, and the little tiny one is for harmonic mode.

I can't see a tiny one on the circuit board, but there are 3 blue ones. Guessing harmonic intensity is the one nearest the wider connector...?