I put my OC-3 up for sale. Somehow I don't think it's going to sell, considering all the other pedals I listed did. There's always KnT Secret Santa 2016 I guess.

Oh and that guy from highly suspect uses strats. You can't get that sound of of a strat with crappy single coils? /jabnit

I put my OC-3 up for sale. Somehow I don't think it's going to sell, considering all the other pedals I listed did. There's always KnT Secret Santa 2016 I guess.

Oh and that guy from highly suspect uses strats. You can't get that sound of of a strat with crappy single coils? /jabnit

I've had to accept a return for mine. Apparently there are problems with the connections in the input/output ports. It was tested before sending and seemed fine so I'm trying to claim for some compensation from the postage service.

How the fuck do you get rid of these things?

I've had to accept a return for mine. Apparently there are problems with the connections in the input/output ports. It was tested before sending and seemed fine so I'm trying to claim for some compensation from the postage service.

How the fuck do you get rid of these things?

Some say the volcanoes of mordor can't even destroy them :LOL:

Best part is the "unfinished text" at the beginning, which means there's more to come.

That was about 4/5 of the entire post. He's since broken it up into smaller pieces after the middle aged men on TGP started complaining of indigestion from reading his post

Best part is the "unfinished text" at the beginning, which means there's more to come.

That was about 4/5 of the entire post. He's since broken it up into smaller pieces after the middle aged men on TGP started complaining of indigestion from reading his post

Indigestion? I about had a brain aneurysm.

Notice how I said middle aged.

You know what I don't understand. How these guys who are mostly in their late 40s/early 50s can hear the differences in tremolo springs and the gauge of their amp's power cable, and us young folk can't tell the difference. Did modern music really have that much of an effect on our hearing, or are they all just senile?

There was a ridiculous example that I saw yesterday. The sort of thing that makes you wonder if they know absolutely nothing about their setup, or if they were a victim of the used car salesman who works at guitar center who just wanted to sell them as much overpriced gear as possible.

And it's always that same guy. No matter which guitar center you go to, it's that same greasy haired guy wearing the same cheap suit that he's had for the past 14 years...

That's the thing James. They can't tell the difference. In fact the difference, if there is one, is as much down to the random changes in sounds from one model to another as it is their spanky new £50 gold plated diamond encrusted patch cable.

As much as I like finding new sounds and going after certain tones to satisfy a few cravings, I'm a firm believer in the "just write a fucking song" camp. If it's any good, the chumps in the crowd moshing to it aren't going to care what gauge your strings are.

Edit: Those are some cheap ass diamonds..

That's the thing James. They can't tell the difference. In fact the difference, if there is one, is as much down to the random changes in sounds from one model to another as it is their spanky new £50 gold plated diamond encrusted patch cable.

As much as I like finding new sounds and going after certain tones to satisfy a few cravings, I'm a firm believer in the "just write a fucking song" camp. If it's any good, the chumps in the crowd moshing to it aren't going to care what gauge your strings are.

Edit: Those are some cheap ass diamonds..

Yeah I was about to say. A patch cable for "the working class male" on TGP would be about £50 per inch.

Typical setup:

59 les paul reproduction (NOT to be confused with a clone, replica, or god forbid... a counterfeit) made from endangered rainforest wood. features hand wound PAF replicas based on a particularly wonderful seymour duncan '59 from 2002. Also features alpha mini pots, and vintage wax capacitors with horse hair winding from the 1920's!

this then goes into the klon with the horsey man. Because the horsey man sounds more consistent. Run on a regulated power supply, because batteries are bad for the environment.

and last but not least, a hand made in the USA dumble clone. True point to point construction on a turret board. built by the local amp tech, who also builds a line of his own amps. Think JTM 45 meets AC30. Only using the finest taiwanese components and NOS tubes from the 1950s are used.

Sorry, what were we talking about? But yeah you're right. I've come to realize that I honestly don't care about what someone is using as long as the music itself is decent. But my inner K&T will often go up to them afterwards and start a conversation about gear anyway :facepalm:

Yeah I was about to say. A patch cable for "the working class male" on TGP would be about £50 per inch.

Typical setup:

59 les paul reproduction (NOT to be confused with a clone, replica, or god forbid... a counterfeit) made from endangered rainforest wood. features hand wound PAF replicas based on a particularly wonderful seymour duncan '59 from 2002. Also features alpha mini pots, and vintage wax capacitors with horse hair winding from the 1920's!

this then goes into the klon with the horsey man. Because the horsey man sounds more consistent. Run on a regulated power supply, because batteries are bad for the environment.

and last but not least, a hand made in the USA dumble clone. True point to point construction on a turret board. built by the local amp tech, who also builds a line of his own amps. Think JTM 45 meets AC30. Only using the finest taiwanese components and NOS tubes from the 1950s are used.

Sorry, what were we talking about? But yeah you're right. I've come to realize that I honestly don't care about what someone is using as long as the music itself is decent. But my inner K&T will often go up to them afterwards and start a conversation about gear anyway :facepalm:

I think I know that amp tech actually, he replaced the spark plugs in my '74 Corvette in return for a keg of my home-brewed root beer. Great guy but a little unhinged.

Well you're right of course, we'll forever discuss and wonder over bands' gear because it's fun. It's the things that make no difference and are still inexplicably obsessed over that get on my nerves. Congrats, you've found that elusive and mysterious tone after many years of fruitless conquest, who'd have thought that draping a towel over the amp would get that "distressed" sound you wanted? Now away to Bert's Bar and plug it all in to the £100 PA system for your first gig.

Is that headstock hilariously oversized

Remember Bono was added to Fender's board of directors as well.

....I think it might have been photographed at a slight angle.

I don't know. It doesn't seem that exciting? I realize I'm not a U2 fanboi, but just comparing it to your average strat, it doesn't seem all that different. The pickups are different, and it has The Edge's name on it, but nothing particularly new and exciting :$

Remember Bono was added to Fender's board of directors as well.

....I think it might have been photographed at a slight angle.

I don't know. It doesn't seem that exciting? I realize I'm not a U2 fanboi, but just comparing it to your average strat, it doesn't seem all that different. The pickups are different, and it has The Edge's name on it, but nothing particularly new and exciting :$

built in delay pedal that we don't know about yet? :LOL:

n00b question: What are some of the most obvious songs where Matt uses the Sustainer/ Sustainiac? :p

Studio or live?

Including live off the 🔝 of my head, SMBH, Sing for Absolution, Invincible, general squeals, Sunburn from Dundee, Fury, sometimes in 2nd verse of Hysteria, Starlight Abbey Road,

It's all about Sunburn from Dundee

n00b question: What are some of the most obvious songs where Matt uses the Sustainer/ Sustainiac? :p

Defector, Psycho, Reapers, Stockholm Syndrome live like every single show, Micro Cuts on rare occassions, Supremacy, Guiding Light (:happy:), Survival, New Born, Assassin at the mayan :dance:

those that just come to mind

Defector, Psycho, Reapers, Stockholm Syndrome live like every single show, Micro Cuts on rare occassions, Supremacy, Guiding Light (:happy:), Survival, New Born, Assassin at the mayan :dance:

those that just come to mind

Literally none of them have any proper use for the sustainer do they? And not even sure if Assassin was sustainer or another effect. When's he ever used a sustainer in the first 4? (apart from a weeeeeeoooo on the outro of Reapers)

Literally none of them have any proper use for the sustainer do they? And not even sure if Assassin was sustainer or another effect. When's he ever used a sustainer in the first 4? (apart from a weeeeeeoooo on the outro of Reapers)

Defector is sustainer for both interludes after the whammy solos, Psycho is pretty obvious, Reapers well you already said that, and Stockholm wembley outro, and other random things during stockholm such as