Anyone got any good pictures of Matt's Liquid Foot/Resistance era pedalboard?

Can't find any better than the one from musewiki. I've seen a video from that tour that gives a decent view of the board, but can't remember what song etc it was. Might have been exo part 1.

Resistance_Pedal_Board.jpg

Edited by nerd herd

Can't find any better than the one from musewiki. I've seen a video from that tour that gives a decent view of the board, but can't remember what song etc it was. Might have been exo part 1.

Resistance_Pedal_Board.jpg

Yeah there's only really that, the instagram picture from The 2nd Law recordings and that Dunlop video on YouTube. Will have a gander for that Exo video

So more NAMM news, Chapman are doing a few new price ranged models. Ghost Fret mostly is the big new one since they're making one available in the $400-$500 price range. Anyone tried a chapman guitar before? I've only had a chance to try the ML-1 Traditional and it wasn't too bad. Might grab one after I get the new Cort/Manson MA series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIVJihyXQE

Lemme see if y'all have any opinions on this before I take it to a tech.

I have a Marshall TSL100 and 4x12 1960a cab. I went to noodle with my fuzz probe and a chord kinked or something and caused some loud clicking noises and then all sound went dead. I'm going to do what I can to troubleshoot the head, but just looking to see if any of you have any rough ideas. Tried to input straight into the head with two different guitars and nothing.

I have a Marshall TSL100 and 4x12 1960a cab. I went to noodle with my fuzz probe and a chord kinked or something and caused some loud clicking noises and then all sound went dead. I'm going to do what I can to troubleshoot the head, but just looking to see if any of you have any rough ideas. Tried to input straight into the head with two different guitars and nothing.

Tried different leads?

Tried different leads?

Yeah all bad. I don't have any electronics testing equipment, so I'll have to grab some cheap stuff for testing. But anyways, I rudimentally tested the 4 speakers with a 9V and they all seem okay, so it's the head. The head has power and will switch between leads but no output. Very well may be a fuse, but I have no means of testing today anyways. I had the VPR engaged, cutting the power level from apartment playing, and the fuzz, while at a reasonably low volume, was still loads louder than the base amp. I imagine that was the issue, but I'm not terribly good with circuits to understand that. I need to know my amp better :( I'm a civil engineer, not an electrical :twitchy:

Yeah all bad. I don't have any electronics testing equipment, so I'll have to grab some cheap stuff for testing. But anyways, I rudimentally tested the 4 speakers with a 9V and they all seem okay, so it's the head. The head has power and will switch between leads but no output. Very well may be a fuse, but I have no means of testing today anyways. I had the VPR engaged, cutting the power level from apartment playing, and the fuzz, while at a reasonably low volume, was still loads louder than the base amp. I imagine that was the issue, but I'm not terribly good with circuits to understand that. I need to know my amp better :( I'm a civil engineer, not an electrical :twitchy:

If its switching on then its not the fuse. Can rule out power cable as well.

Otherwise try a different speaker cable.

The level of the fuzz won't cause it any issues.

If its switching on then its not the fuse. Can rule out power cable as well.

Otherwise try a different speaker cable.

The level of the fuzz won't cause it any issues.

Will do. I only have one speaker cable, but I'll take the head into GC tomorrow and test it on another cab and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll start testing tubes I suppose.

:facemelt::facemelt::facemelt:

Do you think this has anything to do with the reissue rumor, James?

Doubt it, especially since it's not really confirmed yet. I don't think people would sell their originals due to that. That guy probably saw the price of the black one and realized it was time to sell :facepalm:

How did you test the speakers? If you did it through your existing speaker cable, then it's probably not the cable.

If the amp still switches on, but no sound, it might be the HT fuse. Although, I don't know how the TSL is setup in the way of fuses - I know the 30th anniversary head I had (not too far off from the TSL, just a bit more complex) had two fuses to protect each pair of power tubes, and then a mains fuse.

There should be at least one 500mA fuse on the back, and a larger fuse as well, but if the amp switches on, I wouldn't worry about that one.

I wouldn't think any of the tubes are bad, but it's hard to say. If one of your power tubes has shorted, then it would most likely have taken out one of the HT fuses. I know when the 30th anniversary amp had one of the power tubes go bad, it took out one of the HT fuses, but the amp didn't actually switch off - it just went silent.

Doubt it, especially since it's not really confirmed yet. I don't think people would sell their originals due to that. That guy probably saw the price of the black one and realized it was time to sell :facepalm:

How did you test the speakers? If you did it through your existing speaker cable, then it's probably not the cable.

If the amp still switches on, but no sound, it might be the HT fuse. Although, I don't know how the TSL is setup in the way of fuses - I know the 30th anniversary head I had (not too far off from the TSL, just a bit more complex) had two fuses to protect each pair of power tubes, and then a mains fuse.

There should be at least one 500mA fuse on the back, and a larger fuse as well, but if the amp switches on, I wouldn't worry about that one.

I wouldn't think any of the tubes are bad, but it's hard to say. If one of your power tubes has shorted, then it would most likely have taken out one of the HT fuses. I know when the 30th anniversary amp had one of the power tubes go bad, it took out one of the HT fuses, but the amp didn't actually switch off - it just went silent.

You were correct. HT tube. Replaced it we have sound. Still may have a bad power tube, but I'll have to run it through the motions and see if the new fuse blows. Thanks for the help :D