Yeah I'm just hoping for one to either get pit seats or the best available that aren't "VIP" packages. Last time I saw them was side stage in a huge arena and it didn't fully do it for me. Still a great show, but I'd like a better view. The pit at my venue is generally really small, so it may be for VIP tix only.

Edit: got my code at 7:05 AM local time.

Edited by bridge

Already been cracked. An ex worker there that had the software released the Future Impact. Chris now uses it. :-)

Oh, I had no idea that Chris switched over to the Future Impact. Whatever it is, it's probably too complicated for me to learn how to use. :$

Guys, how do you tell if Chris sets his bass an octave down on songs? I'm assuming this is where the OC-2 comes into play right

Edited by Cider

Not good. I'm not sure if I can see biffy this year because of a ... scheduling conflict :ninja::facepalm: Already have the tickets too.

Looks like we'll receive texts today. I hope... I just need to keep checking my phone, and also need to be right next to a computer the entire day...

Sounds good. Which brand did you go with?

Only one we had close was D'addario - interesting story actually I'm using the lower part of a seven string set! the lowest string is .01 higher than normal but it feels great.

Only one we had close was D'addario - interesting story actually I'm using the lower part of a seven string set! the lowest string is .01 higher than normal but it feels great.

Interesting, so it's basically 13-17-26-36-46 and then something else?

Picked up pit tickets :D

Same. This will be my second time on the floor... the question is whether or not to skip the museum bit, as I want to get barrier

Same, floors for Toronto.... Finally I can breathe the rest of the day

Good good

The Pittsburgh show pit has sold out. Ticketmaster this morning had an interactive map where I thought of buying two more really close seats and deciding a few weeks before which set to keep, but they've since gone back to the "here's a really random crappy set we picked for you" way of dispensing.

Interesting, so it's basically 13-17-26-36-46 and then something else?

Yeah lowest string is a 59. Sounds amazing, but my fingers still arent used to what is basically acoustic string gauge anymore, and I picked up my guitar with 10s in standard and felt like I'd break the strings because of how hard i was playing these. :LOL:

Guys, how do you tell if Chris sets his bass an octave down on songs? I'm assuming this is where the OC-2 comes into play right

Mostly by looking at him play and listening. It's often that he plays up high on the neck but you'll still hear bass an octave lower. Songs like Starlight, Fury and Plug in Baby are some main examples, but there's others. Not all done with the OC-2 though, some with the Impact.

Mostly by looking at him play and listening. It's often that he plays up high on the neck but you'll still hear bass an octave lower. Songs like Starlight, Fury and Plug in Baby are some main examples, but there's others. Not all done with the OC-2 though, some with the Impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGo6_9jLy7k

Is there a way to tell whether it's the OC-2 or impact?

The Pittsburgh show pit has sold out. Ticketmaster this morning had an interactive map where I thought of buying two more really close seats and deciding a few weeks before which set to keep, but they've since gone back to the "here's a really random crappy set we picked for you" way of dispensing.

Well it's just the pre-sale that's sold out. Maybe try again tomorrow.

Yeah lowest string is a 59. Sounds amazing, but my fingers still arent used to what is basically acoustic string gauge anymore, and I picked up my guitar with 10s in standard and felt like I'd break the strings because of how hard i was playing these. :LOL:

I think the lowest string in the roto set is a 54, but I can't remember. That's not specifically for seven strings though, but just a 13 gauge six string set.

And it's the tension that I'm not used to. The one I play most is gibson scale with 12s (mainly because I don't think the neck would be able to handle much heavier - I'd put 13s on otherwise) and it's pretty loose feeling. At least the strings seem to last quite a while, but that might be unrelated. They're filthy at this point.

Edited by james90

This is a guitar only Davel (what ever happened to him?) could love, but I'm posting it for Jaicen anyway...

2vbhIqD.jpg

Just need to add the surround on the bridge pickup once it comes back, but I think that's as close as I can get to the original otherwise.

It wasn't actually plywood either. They seemed to think it was alder.

They called it 'carbon effect' I think? Looks like the covers are etched and painted.I think it's cool.

EDIT: James, that is still ugly, even if it's not made of plywood. I feel a strong desire for the 'bru now though..

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just done with water transfer printing or something similar.