You were correct. HT tube. Replaced it we have sound. Still may have a bad power tube, but I'll have to run it through the motions and see if the new fuse blows. Thanks for the help :D

Sure, but if the fuse blew, it was probably for a reason. I'd put a new set of power tubes in, especially if these are old. I know Marshall also had the DSL/TSL amps running really hot from the factory, although that's probably unrelated to this. It just shortens the life of the power tubes.

Your country is currently very scary, I don't even like that I am this close to the border ha.

I just make this my homepage now...

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1611151200000/america-new_york/yodhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Time_Until_Trump_Leaves_Office

I know mate - and it's only been a week.

And I'd feel depressed looking at that unless it's closer to the time.

Dominic. Got the switchblade. Word of advice, use software to program everything. A few days later and I'm still going. On the plus side, this one has firmware for IA slots, so I can basically send MIDI commands to bypass pedals or mute signals without making a new scene.

The signal chain is ridiculous and will need a ton of level tweaks but...

[spoiler=Holy jebus rig]mpi6iKlh.jpg

A quick summary. One bass input. 5 outputs (Line out, Mix DI, Clean DI, Two amps). Six signal chains (Clean, Comp Hi, Comp Lo, Dirt Lo, Dirt Hi, Modulation). Basically, both amps get parallel compression on the clean signal, one amp handles a low end blend, the other high end blend plus modulation. Both amps mixed make the Mixed DI, Clean signal plus compressors for Clean DI. Line out just in case I want to run the signal elsewhere.

Will be a nightmare to make sure everything works with levels but there is a meter on board to assess as you go.

No good? What about PVRIS or whatever they're called?

I actually don't mind a fair few of their songs. Haven't listened to any new stuff in a few years. It's more Jared Leto's stage presence. He's fucking annoying. Spends more time shouting "jump jump jump jump!" than singing any of the lyrics. He's just fucking lousy.

PVRIS are alright, never seen any live stuff from them so don't know how they come across. They have some catchy songs. You and I is a tune

This should be interesting. I've only been to this venue once, and it was all seats, and usually everyone (at least around here) just sits during the opening act(s)

Unless it's biffy. There were a fair few people standing for them back in 2013.

I'm still waiting for the announcement anyway. Hopefully if it IS all seats, I'll end up getting a decent spot.

Also, Jaicen, is the zvex SHO supposed to be a really noisy pedal when run into a cranked amp? Or did I already damage the transistor?

This should be interesting. I've only been to this venue once, and it was all seats, and usually everyone (at least around here) just sits during the opening act(s)

I'm still waiting for the announcement anyway. Hopefully if it IS all seats, I'll end up getting a decent spot.

Also, Jaicen, is the zvex SHO supposed to be a really noisy pedal when run into a cranked amp? Or did I already damage the transistor?

Looks like they're skipping DC, so I'll have to go to the NY one instead. Let's get seats together so I'm not by myself and awkward :$

At least that'll provide some sort of excuse for the dead crowds

Looks like they're skipping DC, so I'll have to go to the NY one instead. Let's get seats together so I'm not by myself and awkward :$

You realize it's a bit further away from NYC, right?

And that sounds like me the last time I was there. I was surrounded by people in their 40 and 50s (this was for Van Halen) although the guy next to me (probably in his late 30s) seemed to be impressed that I was a young man by myself at an old people's band's show.

At least that'll provide some sort of excuse for the dead crowds

It might. The most active crowd for them that I've seen (not counting the ones in the UK) was at my least favorite show.

I'm curious what they'll be playing at these shows. Maybe something different than on the drones tour, since they have nothing new to promote? (at least not as of now)

I'm just going to say it'll be the same material like those few US shows they did before reading/leeds 2011. Just so I don't disappoint myself.

You realize it's a bit further away from NYC, right?

And that sounds like me the last time I was there. I was surrounded by people in their 40 and 50s (this was for Van Halen) although the guy next to me (probably in his late 30s) seemed to be impressed that I was a young man by myself at an old people's band's show.

It might. The most active crowd for them that I've seen (not counting the ones in the UK) was at my least favorite show.

Never been to that area per se, but I assume I could take Amtrak to Penn Station and then the LIRR there? :$

I've never played a legit one, but yeah they're not exactly low noise especially at high boost levels.

I've never played a legit one, but yeah they're not exactly low noise especially at high boost levels.

Legit as in... someone else's, and not your own?

It was also doing this strange oscillation sort of thing on some settings. It sounded great, but again:

ccWL63u.jpg

I'll have to try the other side of the pedal (it's one of the 2 in 1 versions) but that has the master, so I don't know how that would affect it. Maybe if I just turn it all the way up.

The oscillation is due to the relatively high gain, and low suppression. It's basically abusing a device meant for switching, to make it into a crude amplifier, with huge (10M) biasing resistors. These have the effect of raising the apparent input impedance and gain, at the expense of high noise. It should probably have some sort of compensation across the drain and gate pins to stop the high frequency (potentially ultrasonic) oscillations.

So in that case, putting those protection diodes back in won't make a difference in the noise?

Shame. It sounded dead on today... no wonder...

niBFucM.jpg

I thought it was interesting for a few reasons. First, they said the pedal blew up in the studio and didn't sound the same afterwards, and also, if it's anywhere near as noisy as mine... it's really noisy.

I didn't have it all the way up. I think the pedal was about 2/3, and the amp was well below halfway on the volume (which is pretty distorted, but still)