Yeah might be worth going to the one near you then.

Last time I saw them I lifted Ben into the crowd, and also managed to get a drum stick he dropped. Definitely worth being up front, although I can't say I was expecting it!

But yeah, always be prepared in case MB throws another guitar into the crowd :ninja:

I'd probably do some things I'm not proud of in trying to get that guitar :ninja:

I was up front at a small 100ish person Dead Sara show a few months back. Emily was real interactive with the crowd, so that made it a cool show. Was up front at a Buckethead gig too. Got some of his toys and touched his killswitch, so that was cool too.

So you haven't broken the headstock off with your whammy yet?

Why would you say something like that? Talk about tempting fate :LOL: No I haven't the neck is pretty substantial on this particular les paul so I'm not too worried really :D

You have a good memory :LOL: I think it's over a year since I posted on k&t! Yes I did, I'll have to fish out a picture at some point :D

I remember you posted a photo of a cardboard cutout of the FRX on the guitar ages ago and it looked pretty cool, so the finished thing must look amazing.

Going to concerts alone sucks :supersad:

Only been to a concert myself once, wasn't too bad (getting high fived by Matt, Dom & Chris was an improvement) but it's a bit more fun going with other people. Going to see Radiohead myself in a few months since all my friends think they're too depressing :facepalm:.

I'd probably do some things I'm not proud of in trying to get that guitar :ninja:

I was up front at a small 100ish person Dead Sara show a few months back. Emily was real interactive with the crowd, so that made it a cool show. Was up front at a Buckethead gig too. Got some of his toys and touched his killswitch, so that was cool too.

I think you just won the K&T

I think the smallest noteworthy gig I've been to is when royal blood first toured here. 250 people and I was right against the stage. Of course, I did show up at 4pm... which isn't a big deal, until you realize the next person arrives at 7. :facepalm:

It was sort of worth it. Got to hear them soundcheck better strangers (this was long before anyone heard it) and they walked past me twice. You know, because I was the only one there.

I say noteworthy because the smaller gigs I've been to haven't really had a proper crowd. These were just really for my friend's bands, and people weren't there specifically to see them.

Or the crossdressing act that opened for them. I get that they want to put on an act with the whole cross dressing and bondage gear, but it really doesn't work if you can't play.

Why would you say something like that? Talk about tempting fate :LOL: No I haven't the neck is pretty substantial on this particular les paul so I'm not too worried really :D

Because only a gibson is good enough. But yeah, I recall the studios usually have a thicker 50s style neck

Not sure if I'm gonna go to the Wantagh show. I'm just... too exhausted to plan things :(

Anyway, you guys likey?

That sounds really nice. I had Highly Suspect playing and kept pausing iTunes and it wouldnt seem to stop the music then I realized I had that video on :LOL:

Not sure if I'm gonna go to the Wantagh show. I'm just... too exhausted to plan things :(

It's several months from now.

I'll probably be getting the VIP deal, as I have no clue what time I'll end up with that pre sale code (if I do at all.) I'm hoping they'll have MB's old guitar and kemper setup on display for me to butcher the psycho riff on.

I don't think I've ever paid for a meet and greet. Not counting the one for Weezer that I couldn't go to... and even then, that was just as additional $80 on top of the standard ticket. Also included a signed poster (which was still mailed to me)

It's still bullshit though enit. What else was in the Weezer one?

It's still bullshit though enit. What else was in the Weezer one?

I can't remember since I didn't end up going, but it included the whole meet and greet with picture, signed poster, and I think early entrance as well? I might be wrong about that.

And I'll keep a USB stick. Just in case...

Nice. What is it?

And if it's gibson scale, I'd probably put 13's on.

It IS gibson scale, 24.75 scale. 13s? Seems SUPER thick for that but I think I'll try it.

the guitar is an LTD EX50, so I traded up and while it's not a super high end thing it feels great right now, cant wait to get strings on it.

It IS gibson scale, 24.75 scale. 13s? Seems SUPER thick for that but I think I'll try it.

the guitar is an LTD EX50, so I traded up and while it's not a super high end thing it feels great right now, cant wait to get strings on it.

13's aren't unreasonable for C tuning. I recall Troy from QOTSA said their guitars have either 12s or 13s, and there was something about a wound 3rd string as well, so I'm guessing they prefer that.

I will say that I use roto greys (13 gauge with a wound 3rd string) on one guitar for C tuning, and I replace the 3rd string with a plain 22 for easier bending. I recall it's a wound 24 (or 26?) as standard in that set.

12's on a 24.75 scale are definitely a bit loose feeling to me. Maybe try the EB not even slinky set - I've had good results with those.

13's aren't unreasonable for C tuning. I recall Troy from QOTSA said their guitars have either 12s or 13s, and there was something about a wound 3rd string as well, so I'm guessing they prefer that.

I will say that I use roto greys (13 gauge with a wound 3rd string) on one guitar for C tuning, and I replace the 3rd string with a plain 22 for easier bending. I recall it's a wound 24 (or 26?) as standard in that set.

12's on a 24.75 scale are definitely a bit loose feeling to me. Maybe try the EB not even slinky set - I've had good results with those.

Thanks for the advice I'm def gonna go 13s then :) hopefully my roommate gets back before the local guitar shop closes :LOL:

EDIT:

string it up with some .13s, plays great! video attached, please no bully

Edited by Stocking

Glass Animals just announced a Pittsburgh show the day before Muse. I'm doomed. Vacation days to the rescue!

Not good. I'm not sure if I can see biffy this year because of a ... scheduling conflict :ninja::facepalm: Already have the tickets too.

Looks like we'll receive texts today. I hope... I just need to keep checking my phone, and also need to be right next to a computer the entire day...

Thanks for the advice I'm def gonna go 13s then :) hopefully my roommate gets back before the local guitar shop closes :LOL:

EDIT:

string it up with some .13s, plays great! video attached, please no bully

Sounds good. Which brand did you go with?

Looks like we'll receive texts today. I hope... I just need to keep checking my phone, and also need to be right next to a computer the entire day...

I have an office job, so the computer part isn't the problem. I can't imagine getting the code should be the problem either. I've been registered on muse.mu since the last absolution period, so I doubt there's a ton more legacy members looking specifically for the date I'm interested in.