Thank you! :D

Haven't tried the mammoth with whammy, I'll do it later today.

For the +- octave, when do I press my foot? And do I bring my heel back all the way? I never used this type of pedal before so I have no idea :$ Also what should the amp setting be?

On that setting, toe down is octave up, so rock between toe down and heel down. You're probably easiest listening to a a few live versions to get the treadle movement right.

Depends on what kind of amp it is, what pedals you're using and how they're set up etc.

On that setting, toe down is octave up, so rock between toe down and heel down. You're probably easiest listening to a a few live versions to get the treadle movement right.

Depends on what kind of amp it is, what pedals you're using and how they're set up etc.

Thank you! I'm just using a Line 6 Firehawk to simulate the amp, so I have most of the ones I want, I think. I've been having trouble with listening to a song and setting the parameters accordingly though. How do tell tell if I want high mids or scooped mids or stuff like that? :$:$:$

Thank you! I'm just using a Line 6 Firehawk to simulate the amp, so I have most of the ones I want, I think. I've been having trouble with listening to a song and setting the parameters accordingly though. How do tell tell if I want high mids or scooped mids or stuff like that? :$:$:$

It depends a bit on what kind of speakers or headphones you're playing through as well. My amp's usually set with a bit of mid boost, and it sounds alright for most Muse stuff. Try it with the mids set quite high, but it's worth messing about with the EQ to get a sound you like.

Guessing you're using a Marshall setting on the Firehawk...?

Edited by nerd herd

Better to listen to live versions of songs (At least if it's from Muse's early days), rather than studio recordings.

For Fury its a fairly standard clean so the FF's sound really comes through, so start with everything at 12'o'clock, if you're using an amp sim, then pick a model to taste, Fender will be a touch scooped compared to a Marshall for example. If it was a Diezel VH4 on Fury, then better to try a Fender sim to start with.

If you're not sure what to set it to, just try it! But for early Muse stuff, about 12'o'clock is where to start and not venture far from that, it was more how much midrange the gear used had than specifically setting for it (regardless of how much bollocks Matt spoke in interviews)

Edited by haze015

Aw, that sucks :$ He's a dealer, yeah, so I'm guessing it's a mis-ship.

Not as bad as that time I ordered a single pedal and they sent me an entire box of them. This was from one of the biggest online dealers as well.

You srs brah??

It sounds awesome, but only if you put the fuzz first then plug that into the whammy.

Don't listen to him, he's just been sniffing too much of that fretboard oil

It depends a bit on what kind of speakers or headphones you're playing through as well. My amp's usually set with a bit of mid boost, and it sounds alright for most Muse stuff. Try it with the mids set quite high, but it's worth messing about with the EQ to get a sound you like.

Guessing you're using a Marshall setting on the Firehawk...?

Just a pair of Audio Technica M50x so I think they're supposedly quite flat? (I haven't gotten around to buying a pair of studio monitors :facepalm:)

Usually I use a VH4, AC30 or DSL 800 sim on the Firehawk, but this is the list of amps available: http://uk.line6.com/data/6/0a06439c36d454ebd5077a5a3/file/pdf/firehawk-amp-models.pdf

I just recently discovered that I could change the cab setting and that alters the sound too :facepalm: If you look at those cabs on the list, what would you use?

Better to listen to live versions of songs (At least if it's from Muse's early days), rather than studio recordings.

For Fury its a fairly standard clean so the FF's sound really comes through, so start with everything at 12'o'clock, if you're using an amp sim, then pick a model to taste, Fender will be a touch scooped compared to a Marshall for example. If it was a Diezel VH4 on Fury, then better to try a Fender sim to start with.

If you're not sure what to set it to, just try it! But for early Muse stuff, about 12'o'clock is where to start and not venture far from that, it was more how much midrange the gear used had than specifically setting for it (regardless of how much bollocks Matt spoke in interviews)

Oh, I made the mistake of listening to studio versions and kicking myself when I can't get the right sound. :$ I never really had an amp so I'm really unfamiliar with how the knobs would translate into the Firehawk. (I'm assuming 12 o'clock is about 50% on the bar, and 3 o'clock 75%).

If it was a Diezel VH4 on Fury, then better to try a Fender sim to start with.<-- I don't really understand this part, could you explain it a bit?

Does the FF go before the Whammy for Fury? I remember reading you guys say that the FF doesn't play well being after anything in the chain. Also how do you set it :stunned: I hate hearing loud squeals so I just set mine at 10 2:15 2:15 4:15 4:15 and never touch the knobs again :facepalm:

Thanks so much everyone for keep helping me with everything. K&T really is awesome :awesome:

Also I've been informed that I received a tall, large, rectangle package in the mail :ninja:

Don't listen to him, he's just been sniffing too much of that fretboard oil

That's a strong possibility!

Just a pair of Audio Technica M50x so I think they're supposedly quite flat? (I haven't gotten around to buying a pair of studio monitors :facepalm:)

Usually I use a VH4, AC30 or DSL 800 sim on the Firehawk, but this is the list of amps available: http://uk.line6.com/data/6/0a06439c36d454ebd5077a5a3/file/pdf/firehawk-amp-models.pdf

I just recently discovered that I could change the cab setting and that alters the sound too :facepalm: If you look at those cabs on the list, what would you use?

I didn't know any pedals had VH4 simulations, nice. Not sure about which cabinet setting would be best, try some of the Marshall ones but you're probably better picking whichever one you think sounds best.

Oh, I made the mistake of listening to studio versions and kicking myself when I can't get the right sound. :$ I never really had an amp so I'm really unfamiliar with how the knobs would translate into the Firehawk. (I'm assuming 12 o'clock is about 50% on the bar, and 3 o'clock 75%).

If it was a Diezel VH4 on Fury, then better to try a Fender sim to start with.<-- I don't really understand this part, could you explain it a bit?

Does the FF go before the Whammy for Fury? I remember reading you guys say that the FF doesn't play well being after anything in the chain. Also how do you set it :stunned: I hate hearing loud squeals so I just set mine at 10 2:15 2:15 4:15 4:15 and never touch the knobs again :facepalm:

Yeah 50% would be 12'o'clock.

I could be incorrect, but basically a stock VH4 has similarities with Fender amps as it uses 6L6's, so an emulation of a clean Fender sound would be closer than a Marshall/Vox. Although most amps are in some way a variation on or modified form of a Fender amp.

Yeah, stick the FF before (Got to remember Matt's are built into his guitars) and set the Comp high to avoid oscillation. Drive and Stab about 12'o'clock, maybe a bit higher. Can't be too exact with FF/FP settings, as I've always found different ones to sound slightly different, well they'll sound the same, just not exactly the same settings, no idea if its still like that.

Is it supposed to be figured?

And that's completely unfair. I won't be having another Nando's for another few months. What did you think?

After last time though, I think I'll spend quite a bit of time at Bodean's as well (though Olly said he found something he liked more, which I also need to try)

Yeah 50% would be 12'o'clock.

I could be incorrect, but basically a stock VH4 has similarities with Fender amps as it uses 6L6's, so an emulation of a clean Fender sound would be closer than a Marshall/Vox. Although most amps are in some way a variation on or modified form of a Fender amp.

Yeah, stick the FF before (Got to remember Matt's are built into his guitars) and set the Comp high to avoid oscillation. Drive and Stab about 12'o'clock, maybe a bit higher. Can't be too exact with FF/FP settings, as I've always found different ones to sound slightly different, well they'll sound the same, just not exactly the same settings, no idea if its still like that.

For Fury I wouldn't go with a clean amp with a Fuzz Factory. Just use whatever is closest to the VH4 channel 3 sound. I'm pretty sure the Fuzz Factory isn't present on Fury at all. It's whammy, delay, high gain amp.

Any high gain marshally sound will be good. The VH4 (in the gain channels) is much closer to a marshall than a Fender. If I remember correctly you can put either 6L6's or EL34's in the VH4. I think channel 1 might be closer to a fender style clean, but I highly doubt Matt ever used it because it's not that great to begin with.

I put a cover up over in the creative section of Fury recently in the muse covers thread. It's whammy, delay, VH4 sim in the Axe-fx. Personally I think it's pretty spot on.

Edited by Flump

Is it supposed to be figured?

And that's completely unfair. I won't be having another Nando's for another few months. What did you think?

After last time though, I think I'll spend quite a bit of time at Bodean's as well (though Olly said he found something he liked more, which I also need to try)

I don't think it's supposed to be figured, no. This was an FSR edition back in 2014 I think - couldn't get much info about it, but the ones in the pictures I've seen don't have figured necks. The normal run doesn't, either. I somehow got a forgotten guitar - it was brand new with tags & paperwork and everything.

I really liked the chicken thighs & liver I got. Only went for medium sauce though, but the boyfriend did say Hot was spicy for him.

For Fury I wouldn't go with a clean amp with a Fuzz Factory. Just use whatever is closest to the VH4 channel 3 sound. I'm pretty sure the Fuzz Factory isn't present on Fury at all. It's whammy, delay, high gain amp.

Any high gain marshally sound will be good. The VH4 (in the gain channels) is much closer to a marshall than a Fender. If I remember correctly you can put either 6L6's or EL34's in the VH4. I think channel 1 might be closer to a fender style clean, but I highly doubt Matt ever used it because it's not that great to begin with.

I put a cover up over in the creative section of Fury recently in the muse covers thread. It's whammy, delay, VH4 sim in the Axe-fx. Personally I think it's pretty spot on.

Its definitely a better way of doing it as the FF sounds shite through a WH4 unless able to route it differently, but it lacks the artefacts present on the record, which I'm not sure if they are from the pitchshifting or from the FF + Whammy. But yeah, the main thing to get right is the Whammy and delay.

I really liked the chicken thighs & liver I got. Only went for medium sauce though, but the boyfriend did say Hot was spicy for him.

Get the mango and lime if you're going for medium. Otherwise, hot or extra hot.

Or maybe I just have a good tolerance. The extra hot that I soaked the Dombow™ in was only borderline uncomfortable, but enough so I had to wait a few minutes before finishing the fries chips

Does it djent?

I quite like that, but prefer the classic tc. The blonde one would look amazing with a maple fretboard.

thats actually the primary reason I dont like the blond one/classic ones. Also I play tons of metal...

I sure hope a guitar center close to me will stock these (I know they wont but I can dream) just so I can at least PLAY it before buying. All of them look great, excited for any NAMM coverage that happens that might have something to do with these.

thats actually the primary reason I dont like the blond one/classic ones. Also I play tons of metal...

I sure hope a guitar center close to me will stock these (I know they wont but I can dream) just so I can at least PLAY it before buying. All of them look great, excited for any NAMM coverage that happens that might have something to do with these.

Anyone know if Manson is at NAMM, or they're just touting these via Cort?

Just saw this too. Apparently it's limited so I gotta find a way to buy this soon. it sounds incredible. However that would bump my dirt pedals up to like 4 and I don't know if I NEED that many but I sure want it.

That's made the GAS for a G2 worse.

I dream of the day where programmable loopers and pedal switching systems come down in price slightly, I still kick myself for not buying the PXL4 or 8 when they were on sale 2 years ago