Usually the best way to find something like this that is already made is Check for a Guitar Pro tab someone has made for those songs. They have often made a MIDI track for the other pieces of the song as well which you could export and use however you'd like.

Thanks for this advice. I already use Guitar Pro, but it didn't even cross my mind that you could export a midi track. Makes sense though.

Yeah it's broken.

The most likely culprit would be stress to the PCB from repeated stomping and plugging then unplugging jacks. Since the switch, pot and jacks are all board mounted, they all stress the pcb where they're soldered in. My guess is that one or more solder point has fractured, and/or one of the solder tracks is cracked causing an intermittent connection. It could be a failed switch, but mechanical damage is more likely.

Open it up and look for damage, maybe reflow the solder tracks.

Or sell it to me for my project. :ninja:

No electrician but the circuit looked visually fine to me when I opened it up earlier today. The internal nut on the footswitch seemed a bit loose so I tightened it.

When I turned it on afterwards it turned on and initially the volume was low. Then I used it on and off for a while it it was fine so I'm not sure.

:facepalm:

I wasn't planning to, but now I might have to :facepalm: The original plan was to build everything myself, I went to quite a few lengths to make 'the best' Phase 90 I could.

Now what :unsure:

Yeah, but your phase 90 circuit will probably sound better than what the delorean has. How do you tell when these new ones were made? Aside from the ebay seller attempting to remember the decade he purchased it in

Unrelated, but I quite like the whirlwind phaser. I think that's been on my pedalboard longer than any other pedal (which doesn't say much, but still)

No electrician but the circuit looked visually fine to me when I opened it up earlier today. The internal nut on the footswitch seemed a bit loose so I tightened it.

When I turned it on afterwards it turned on and initially the volume was low. Then I used it on and off for a while it it was fine so I'm not sure.

How are you powering it? It probably has nothing to do with this, but I guess anything is worth a try.

Yeah, but your phase 90 circuit will probably sound better than what the delorean has. How do you tell when these new ones were made? Aside from the ebay seller attempting to remember the decade he purchased it in

Unrelated, but I quite like the whirlwind phaser. I think that's been on my pedalboard longer than any other pedal (which doesn't say much, but still)

How are you powering it? It probably has nothing to do with this, but I guess anything is worth a try.

Just a battery. I guess I could try something else if it keeps acting up.

No probably about it James, mine sounds beautiful as I went to great lengths to kill the ticking/thumping you often get from the LFO. I did have help from diystompboxes for that though. I also modded it for more range at the slow end to be more B&H. Still might find an old MXR for authenticity, as I've made it known how obsessive I've become :facepalm:

I don't know how you'd tell the new ones apart to be honest, except the old Matt style MXR pedals had no 9v jacks I think.

FishLuke, if your switch was loose, that's the most likely culprit for breaking a solder joint. Pull it and resolder.

Do tell

Well, they should've included a wah wah, preferably one with a larger sweep. Adam uses that thing the whole time. Lateralus, for example, uses a wah wah with the toe down to get that slightly more trebly tone. They could've also included an MXR Micro Amp as a gain boost for the more heavy parts. In fairness, in that particular video, they get very very close. I just think there are things they could've included to wrap up the whole thing under budget.

Don't talk to be about that QOTSA video. So many things they should've done...

Yeah I thought it was one of the better ones. For a second I thought I knew what you meant about that wah pedal/treble sound, but I'm thinking of a different album (specifically the song undertow off the album undertow..)

I don't know, it sounds sort of like a wah pedal most of the way up (toe forward), but not completely.

For me (as I told Jaicen yesterday) the QOTSA sound is the entire setup, but you can get pretty damn close with the right pedals (even if you don't have the same guitar and amp)

Gentlemen.

I need to work on my tapping technique, but only really for my right hand :erm: I've always been one of those freaks who doesn't hold a pick at the same time (found that it got in the way)

What do you lot do, index finger for the string while holding the pick with the middle and thumb? Or the other way around? I'm finding the latter a little more awkward, but I don't know.

Gentlemen.

I need to work on my tapping technique, but only really for my right hand :erm: I've always been one of those freaks who doesn't hold a pick at the same time (found that it got in the way)

What do you lot do, index finger for the string while holding the pick with the middle and thumb? Or the other way around? I'm finding the latter a little more awkward, but I don't know.

I hold my pick just in my middle finger. Basically like this, but I prefer middle finger. I tend to hold my pick like this whenever I need to actually use my right hand to do something, adjust pedal, plug cable in etc etc.

IBp2q.jpg

Gentlemen.

I tap with my index finger and hold the plectrum with my middle finger. Like hold it between the top part and the bottom part of my finger (that might make zero sense :LOL:)

EDIT: What sidious911 said.

And as this thread is 30% Nandos, I was there last night and got free wings. Very cheeky.

How did you manage that? :ohmy:

And thanks lads. I think what I'll try practicing is holding the pick with my middle finger, and tapping with the index. Definitely seems easier at first try.

Are you trying to play Eruption? I tried the other day. It didn't go too well :LOL:

There was a delay or something with my friend's order so the guy brought us a load of wings to make up for the wait.

Are you trying to play Eruption? I tried the other day. It didn't go too well :LOL:

There was a delay or something with my friend's order so the guy brought us a load of wings to make up for the wait.

Blatantly reapers ha ha :LOL:

I tend to hold my pick between my thumb and my middle finger and tap with my index finger over the top.

I'm still struggling with timing between my two hands though :(

And yes I do have long fingers :D

Does Bellorz use an MBK1 bridge or neck more?

I'm thinking about doing an NB/MQ set for the LP, but there's a used MQ set on ebay. I read that he had the MBK1 in the bridge position too.

Been trying to play In Your World and I cannot get the LP to sound Muse-y at all. :$ Cort mod is still TBA. :$

How do you guys go about setting the tone on your multieffects to be right? I've only ever had 2 "real" pedal, so the settings for the Line 6 confuses me. I do read the FX recommendations thread, but when I see something like "set phaser to lowest setting," I look at my Line 6 control (on my phone) and there are 3 bars to adjust the phaser. :$ Stuff like that confuses me :$

Also, new instagram for guitar stuff since I don't want to torture ya'll with pictures of my nasty food. https://www.instagram.com/ciderguitar/

007 has a Mississippi queen in the bridge and son of delorean & the 2 mirrors have them in neck and bridge. He probably uses the bridge one more.

No idea about how to use the line 6 thing on your phone, but for the lowest setting on a phaser it's probably the speed. I kind of gave up with getting good sounds from my multi fx pedal. But it's still on my board...

Cheeky Gear & Tab 😂😂😂😂😂👌🏻

enit

I've lost track of the different titles we've had, and we're only around a quarter of the way through this thread.

That is genuinely cheeky

And nope, I find that a bit less difficult because of the lack of open strings. Can't say I play it the whole way through though, but usually am fine with the tapping part

It is reapers. As I said, I don't have any issues with my left hand, which I imagine is the opposite problem most people have! It's just cleanly tapping at the 12th fret... I don't know why, but it definitely seems to be down to that pick thing (or the angle really)

Ha ha just seen the new name for the thread :LOL:

How cheeky!!!

It really was.

Unlike those three times I had Nando's. All was carefully planned, even the construction of the #Dombow (I had the instructions pulled up on my iPhone 5S just to make sure I didn't get the sauces in the wrong order!)

Oh now come on, I go away for a while and come back to a thread name like this. I'm shocked. Is there no escape?

There was even someone outside my uni yesterday handing out nandos vouchers. I feel like the world will soon be entirely fuelled by piri piri.