Hey guys, thank you for the answers. You all make me feel better about Cort now :D Good to know that their QC is top-notch.

Now the question is do I get a Cort or save up (for several years :p) for an actual Manson :rolleyes:

For those who are based in the US, how did you get your Manson guitars? Through Imperial Vintage, or directly with Manson? I'd love to hear your experience. (if not in this thread then please direct me somewhere else :D)

I'm drooling over this (old) listing Imperial Vintage had. What's the difference between the MA and MB series anyway, they look sorta similar (again, I'm really sorry for not knowing anything)

Hey guys, thank you for the answers. You all make me feel better about Cort now :D Good to know that their QC is top-notch.

Now the question is do I get a Cort or save up (for several years :p) for an actual Manson :rolleyes:

For those who are based in the US, how did you get your Manson guitars? Through Imperial Vintage, or directly with Manson? I'd love to hear your experience. (if not in this thread then please direct me somewhere else :D)

I'm drooling over this (old) listing Imperial Vintage had. What's the difference between the MA and MB series anyway, they look sorta similar (again, I'm really sorry for not knowing anything)

Up to you really. I don't think they'll be doing the MB-1s for a while, as there are the DL/SDL guitars that were just released, but if you're interested, there's a waiting list to be notified once they become available.

Mine were purchased directly. Buying from the US dealer would definitely save some headaches with shipping though.

The woodwork for the MA series is done at a factory in Europe and completed at the Works in the UK, while the MB series (except for the DR-1) are completely built in the UK.

I got mine price-matched at guitar center for a bargain. Best purchase I've made to date ;)

Up to you really. I don't think they'll be doing the MB-1s for a while, as there are the DL/SDL guitars that were just released, but if you're interested, there's a waiting list to be notified once they become available.

Mine were purchased directly. Buying from the US dealer would definitely save some headaches with shipping though.

The woodwork for the MA series is done at a factory in Europe and completed at the Works in the UK, while the MB series (except for the DR-1) are completely built in the UK.

Thanks for the answer James. Out of Matt's signature guitar, I'm most interested in the DR-1 for now, but I probably won't be able to get it given the whole waitlist :happy:

I keep looking at Youtube videos of the MBC1 and the more I do, the more I want it. Quick question - aside from the Manson case, what other hardcases would fit it? I know Hiscox makes cases for Manson but I have no clue which case would actually fit (general Strat/ Tele case, for example?)

@jonbrown: I don't live close to a GC (the closest one is an hour bus ride, give or take :(). May I ask how much you paid for it? I could have used the 15% off GC coupon on Black Friday which brought the price down to 509, but I didn't really want it that much then (I do now)

@Jaicen: I'm actually after the beautiful body shape of the MA/MB guitars too. I'm pretty short even for a girl, so perhaps the e series would look strange on me :p but thank you for the suggestion! :happy:

How bad is the waiting list for a DR-1?

I don't think there is one - you can put a deposit down whenever. As in, right now.

Not sure if you'll get one of the first 99, but after that, it sounds like it's a continuous run - just with a fixed number of 77, without a certificate.

Thanks for the answer James. Out of Matt's signature guitar, I'm most interested in the DR-1 for now, but I probably won't be able to get it given the whole waitlist :happy:

I keep looking at Youtube videos of the MBC1 and the more I do, the more I want it. Quick question - aside from the Manson case, what other hardcases would fit it? I know Hiscox makes cases for Manson but I have no clue which case would actually fit (general Strat/ Tele case, for example?)

@jonbrown: I don't live close to a GC (the closest one is an hour bus ride, give or take :(). May I ask how much you paid for it? I could have used the 15% off GC coupon on Black Friday which brought the price down to 509, but I didn't really want it that much then (I do now)

@Jaicen: I'm actually after the beautiful body shape of the MA/MB guitars too. I'm pretty short even for a girl, so perhaps the e series would look strange on me :p but thank you for the suggestion! :happy:

There isn't a waitlist for the DR-1 as far as I'm aware (see above) and you can put a deposit of £300 down, but it seems that they will take a bit longer than the MAs. Probably not a full 9-12 months like the other MB signatures though.

The hiscox case I have for my MBC is actually the standard Fender style one, so you might be able to use one of the universal strat/tele cases. It should be fine as long as it's not specifically for a strat or tele body shape.

As for the E series, they actually have a pretty compact feeling to them. Sort of difficult to describe, but I think it has to do with the design of the body.

I got it for $460.15 in total.

It helped that I was good friends with the managers and sales associates already but I'm sure you can bargain it down to around that ballpark.

The e series are smaller than the MB by a long way, much lighter too. I get that you want the mb shape though, that's cool.

Hm so I found a dealer who would trade my ASAT + some cash for an MBC-1. :happy:

Ya'll make this almost impossible to pass :happy:

Before I send them my guitar (tomorrow), can I please see yours? :D

Quick question on the nut also: is that graphite? Did you guys try to put heavier strings on it - any filing necessary?

Edited by Cider

Still looks great doesn't it. I find the finish feels a bit 'dry' if that makes sense?

Can we see How the others have worn??

Not on that one for some reason. Just seems like a much tougher version of the usual matt black finish

And I'll take some pictures. It's mainly the stealth DC that's showing some wear, as that has an extra smooth finish. Main thing is that the back of the neck has gone a bit shiny