Anyone know anything more about the "big" Cort/Trueblodd and next MBC which was mentioned in some french article? Looking forward to seeing another Cort, Manson collab. Keeping my deposit ready... :srsb33f:

That next one was for a Royal Blood signature bass if I'm not mistaken.

I sent out another email to Mansons demanding a receipt for my deposit I paid for over a month ago. Ridiculous. I also asked for an estimate as to when they'd get the shipment of guitars that my reserved Cort would be a part of seeing as the estimate was June/July yet I've been completely left in the dark. :mad:

I recieved an email from Adrian at MGW today, stating they're still experiencing delays with the Fernandes sustainers but they have Sustainac's ready to install. He said I'd have the guitar by next week if I went with the Sustainac, but I'm going to hold off to get a Fernandes. This wait continues... :LOL:

I recieved an email from Adrian at MGW today, stating they're still experiencing delays with the Fernandes sustainers but they have Sustainac's ready to install. He said I'd have the guitar by next week if I went with the Sustainac, but I'm going to hold off to get a Fernandes. This wait continues... :LOL:

Cool! You´re going with the std pickup? Also, if you went for a sustainac, would it be more expensive?

Cool! You´re going with the std pickup? Also, if you went for a sustainac, would it be more expensive?

It shouldn't be more expensive. Adrian contacted me during the build of my MA-2S and asked if I would like to upgrade to the Sustainiac with no extra charge since my original order had the Fernandes applied to it. I went with the Sustainiac and absolutely zero regrets. This was in mid-March.

i'd personally go for a Sustainiac, i have both and i find the sustainiac better quality, easier to adjust (without the squeal) and as a pickup it does sound better :D

i'd personally go for a Sustainiac, i have both and i find the sustainiac better quality, easier to adjust (without the squeal) and as a pickup it does sound better :D

I spoke to MGW today as well, I opted for the Sustainiac. Build being carried out next week they said.

I wonder if Matt eventually will go over to sustainiacs. I´ve had problems with my last 2 sustainers... :stunned: James had similar with his as well. Maybe the new ones produced arent meeting the standard? :$ Adrian said they´ve had consistant issues with them the last 3 years..

Edited by Mittle

Adrian said I'm still part of the June/July shipment, but I think I'll opt for the Fernandes still unless the wait will be more than an additional month.

You ordered about a month ago too, didn't you? Hoping mine will be in the June/July shipment as well since I ordered around the same time.

I wonder if Matt eventually will go over to sustainiacs.

Probably will eventually use them for 6 string guitars too. I wanted to get a Fernandes since it's more Matthew, but the sustainiac seems much better.

When a sustainer is used a lot does it go through batteries quickly? I might see if Mansons can fit 2 batteries to mine if they don't last long. Not sure if that'd work though.

You ordered about a month ago too, didn't you? Hoping mine will be in the June/July shipment as well since I ordered around the same time.

Probably will eventually use them for 6 string guitars too. I wanted to get a Fernandes since it's more Matthew, but the sustainiac seems much better.

When a sustainer is used a lot does it go through batteries quickly? I might see if Mansons can fit 2 batteries to mine if they don't last long. Not sure if that'd work though.

I'm constantly using mine - I've got the fernandes - and I probably get 2 weeks out of a battery before it starts to die so they're not too bad

Just dont leave ur jack plugged into it. Whenever you stop playing unplug it. As long as it is plugged in the circuit is closed and it drains. When I got my first sustainer fitted in my guitar I just left the wireless pack on the strap plugged in. Drained over night :$

I put a deposit down for mine towards the end of March. And it's possible, just email Adrian for an update if you'd like to get clarification. I wanted a Fernandes for the same reason, and it also looks better aesthetically on the guitar body than the Sustainiac. I mean if I must I'll go with the Sustainiac but I'm a fanboy and want Matt specs as much as possible unless that means ridiculous delays.

Question:

Does the whole guitar die if a Fernandes loses its charge? I heard that when the same happens with a Sustainiac the whole guitar doesn't die.

Question:

Does the whole guitar die if a Fernandes loses its charge? I heard that when the same happens with a Sustainiac the whole guitar doesn't die.

Yes. On the fernandes the pickup becomes active since its wired through the circuit board. If it loses battery, the guitar dies :stunned:

No experience on the sustainiacs, but after what I´ve heard, the guitar still works after the battery is gone.:happy:

Edit: The fernandes wont just die instantly. It slowly loses "sustainability?", and I just switch it whenever I feel that its become weaker.

I put a deposit down for mine towards the end of March. And it's possible, just email Adrian for an update if you'd like to get clarification. I wanted a Fernandes for the same reason, and it also looks better aesthetically on the guitar body than the Sustainiac. I mean if I must I'll go with the Sustainiac but I'm a fanboy and want Matt specs as much as possible unless that means ridiculous delays.

I need to email about getting the upgrades added since I didn't get them when I paid the deposit so might ask and find out for sure which batch my guitar will be in.

I agree about the Fernandes driver looking nicer, but if it sounds better I'm willing to get a sustaniac.

Question:

Yeah it does, and as far as I know, that's correct about the sustainiac. Generally I just replace the battery when the sustain effect weakens.

It's not too bad, but it depends if you leave it on all the time or not. I only really switch mine on occasionally.

And one of mine is definitely wired like that, but it depends if they'd be willing to do it since the guitars are probably going to be routed a certain way etc and it might slow things down.

Also, before you consider it, don't go with rechargeable batteries as those are even worse. Best thing is to buy a box of procells (here they're around $15 for 12 batteries) which will last a good while.

I wonder if Matt eventually will go over to sustainiacs. I´ve had problems with my last 2 sustainers... :stunned: James had similar with his as well. Maybe the new ones produced arent meeting the standard? :$ Adrian said they´ve had consistant issues with them the last 3 years..

Maybe, but in my case it was the bridge pickup and not the sustainer. I've heard that they've had problems with both though.

In the bridge? Yeah. Not heard anyone say a bad word about the bridge pickup, so I may as well try it out! I can always upgrade later, but I'm not really planning on it.

Hmmm. Everyone seems to be preferring the Sustainiac these days. Caught in two minds:LOL: I'll hold out for the Fernandes for now, but depending on the wait I may end up just going for the Sustainiac!

It's not too bad, but it depends if you leave it on all the time or not. I only really switch mine on occasionally.

And one of mine is definitely wired like that, but it depends if they'd be willing to do it since the guitars are probably going to be routed a certain way etc and it might slow things down.

Also, before you consider it, don't go with rechargeable batteries as those are even worse. Best thing is to buy a box of procells (here they're around $15 for 12 batteries) which will last a good while.

I thought that about the routing. Battery life should be alright unless I go over the top with the sustainer (which I probably will :facepalm:)

Thanks for the tip about procells!

I found this guy, who seems to be selling MBC-1s with upgrades...

http://steelcustomguitars.co.uk/Modified_Guitars/cat1479220_1338576.aspx

His photos made me realize that I never noticed the Sustainiac's switches are silver instead of the Fernandes' black. Definitely prefer the latter's overall look, but I guess form over function is a good mindset.

let me know if that's legit lmao