Acoustic Album????

eppietrap

Yeah, they've specifically said that they don't think they sound very good acoustic. Doesn't mean they can't change their minds though ofc.

Them saying they won't do something almost makes it more likely that it actually will happen.

well they did that unplugged session once, and there are a couple of acoustic versions of songs, you can find them on yt. although as far as i know they've never made an official acoustic release and I hope they never will.

The only thing that comes close I guess is live sessions from radio performances that have been included on singles (for example SFA)

I hope they never do an acoustic album because that's going to waste three years considering how long they generally tour and how long they take to get something new out there.

three years to record acoustic versions of songs they've already released? i don't think so.

I'm for it. I normally rotate their acoustic stuff and I enjoy acoustic TIRO despite what the guys said about it.

Edited by polythenelucy

Worst idea ever. Anyone would be happy with a simple acoustic album really??Acoustic albums are usually so fucking dull and uninteresting.

Keep the electric guitar.

Who says acoustic albums have to be simple? I've heard some incredibly technical and colourful acoustic performances.

Something like what the Foo Fighters did with In Your Honor, a double disk with one half electric and half acoustic, could be interesting.

I would add at this stage that I didn't really find In Your Honour at all interesting, especially the acoustic side. Although, been listening to City of Echoes by Pelican and they make acoustic guitars work surprisingly well in a post-metal setting, so I'd quite to see Muse working acoustics into their music, if not going all-out acoustic.

Who says acoustic albums have to be simple? I've heard some incredibly technical and colourful acoustic performances.

Muse wouldn't do a technical math-acoustic album:rolleyes:

Also a full acoustic album would mean they'd gone even softer than lately. And suddenly Muse is an acoustic pop band.

Edited by LiT