Muse Slammed by Radio 1

stevie g

I know it's depressing because it says a lot about the quality of the album, yet for me it is the best song on there.

What other song then? Follow Me is clearly worse as a single. Madness has an okay ending. Survival has hideous lyrics (is okay live though).

I can see why not everyone is fond of Panic Station but I stand by my opinion. I really really loved the Prince cover as well. Funky suits them.

>not mentioning Animals or Isolated System

Animals is the best song on the album

This guy is cool.

Now all I need is someone to agree with me on the fact that Fillip and Sober are awesome.

This guy is not.

The fact that Radio 1 didn't play Panic Station has absolutely nothing to do with the "quality" of the song, or the album, and the people saying so are grasping at anything to support their opinions.

It just means that some guy doesn't think it's going to be a hit with the current "mainstream" audience.

Those are vastly different things.

Still, being absent from mainstream radio would eventually see a decline in popularity for the band, so I can see why people could legitimately be upset by this.

It doesn't help that the station head who gave the interview seemed obsessed with how big his dick is, and his ability to cause controversy.

Survival has hideous lyrics (is okay live though).

when you put the lyrics of survival in the original context it was written in, without the olympics thing (a crazy rich banker person and their ambitions) the lyrics are kinda ok.

when you put the lyrics of survival in the original context it was written in, without the olympics thing (a crazy rich banker person and their ambitions) the lyrics are kinda ok.

I thought I remembered Bellamy talking about how he wrote Survival about watching Doomsday Preppers.

Either way, the lyrics DO fit.

I just don't care for them. :LOL:

It wasn't as bad as the shitstorm surrounding its release warranted, though.

I really doubt it matters. Muse perform dreadfully in the singles for such a high profile act but they're hardly bankrupted because they sustain a huge live following and good album sales. I'm sure if Radio One refused to play a Muse song ever again it would have some real impact on their ticket and album sales eventually as Zane Lowe does generate tremendous hype about these things but really, if what Muse have done thus far hasn't sunk them I doubt this will a major concern to them!

Am I right in thinking that Led Zeppelin have never released singles? If so, it hasn't done them any harm. Radio 1 isn't the only radio station playing pop/rock music any more so it's not the end of the world if they don't play Muse as long as other stations continue to do so.

Am I right in thinking that Led Zeppelin have never released singles? If so, it hasn't done them any harm. Radio 1 isn't the only radio station playing pop/rock music any more so it's not the end of the world if they don't play Muse as long as other stations continue to do so.

They released like two singles per album.

Thank you. I'll be here all eternity

We're gonna hold you to that promise now, you realise?

Yeah, I found it quite funny when everyone assumed that that's what it was written for. Either way, it's better than if Coldplay had done the song (you just know it would've been about how the most important thing is taking part).

Listen to team rock radio on dab or online it's a rock radio station run by people who have a passion for the music they play on air and it's advert free too. They cover all aspects of the rock genre from country and blues to heavy metal and prog and seem to be doing a lot to get rock music to the people again as stations like radio one give Daniel p carter a 2 hour slot at midnight once a week to play some rock/metal which most people would never hear.

Listen to team rock radio on dab or online it's a rock radio station run by people who have a passion for the music they play on air and it's advert free too. They cover all aspects of the rock genre from country and blues to heavy metal and prog and seem to be doing a lot to get rock music to the people again as stations like radio one give Daniel p carter a 2 hour slot at midnight once a week to play some rock/metal which most people would never hear.

Thanks!:D

But it's bizarre that Radio 1 thought this about Panic Station but not Supremacy, say.

I guess Supremacy had some sort of notoriety because of the whole 'it should've been a Bond theme' thing, whereas Panic Station wasn't really promoted in the slightest. Still, Supremacy hardly got played so it's not much of a difference.

Supremacy feels more like an "OTT Muse song" though, and Panic Station is pretty different for them, I guess.

tbh, the single release for the album was completely fucked up, and who knows, maybe they were fishing for something that would get played.

I also thought the follow up to this interview claimed PS as that single that didn't get played, but could be wrong.

It was only released as a single in the US AFTER several radio stations were playing it anyways, and it was released way too late.

Supremacy feels more like an "OTT Muse song" though, and Panic Station is pretty different for them, I guess.

tbh, the single release for the album was completely fucked up, and who knows, maybe they were fishing for something that would get played.

I also thought the follow up to this interview claimed PS as that single that didn't get played, but could be wrong.

It was only released as a single in the US AFTER several radio stations were playing it anyways, and it was released way too late.

I have no clue about singles these days as I pay no attention to singles' charts and tend to switch from one radio station to another. Whatever, I'm looking forward to the next album, whenever it's released.:)

Guest bellamylookalike

It's been a long time since radio one first played Sunburn. Muse have evolved/mutated(!) since then. It's time.