And in Europe it was the first time they were able to play some of the biggest stadiums available, first time headlining R/L, their biggest commercial success in general, and the Wembley gigs which the band has claimed to be two of their best gigs ever. But I'm sure that's insignificant to the band.

Oh shit, I confused 2009 with 2007, they didn't play the o2 or anything like that leading up to the stadiums did they? My bad, not to mention the RAH gig in 2008. My bad. Suppose it was quite special there too.

I really doubt they'll do a BH&R gig though, seems like they want to forget about the material rather than bring it back, unless they want to give City of Delusion/Exo-Politics a send off of sorts.

I really doubt they'll do a BH&R gig though, seems like they want to forget about the material rather than bring it back, unless they want to give City of Delusion/Exo-Politics a send off of sorts.

To be fair, the same could've been said about Origin before R/L.

Edit: I doubt they'd choose to do an album anniversary gig in the US as well, considering how they seem to feel about the crowds there.

Edited by Jobby

In the context of the TR tour, sure, but they were barely touching the majority of Absolution or BHAR at that point either. TR tour still had New Born, Bliss, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased and Feeling Good before R/L was considered. About as much as got played from BHAR and Absolution,

Origin was strongly represented on the BHAR tour; New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Plug in Baby, Citizen, Micro Cuts, Feeling Good, Megalomania and similarly on the Abso tour.

On the other hand, half of BHAR was put to sleep before the tour even ended.

Edit: I doubt they'd choose to do an album anniversary gig in the US as well, considering how they seem to feel about the crowds there.

Always going for the easy commentary :rolleyes: doubt they'd go for an anniversary gig period anyways anymore. They did nothing for Abso, highly unlikely they'd do one for BH&R.

On the other hand, half of BHAR was put to sleep before the tour even ended.

To be fair, a fair amount of Origin pretty much died straight after it's respective tour as well: Hyper Music, Dark Shines, Screenager and Megalomania (aside from the one-off at RAH). Comparing that to Invincible, Exo-Politics, COD and Hoodoo (not sure whether to count Assassin and Soldier's Poem since they did come back very briefly but you can if you want), there isn't too much difference.

I get what you're saying though with more of Origin sticking around for longer, albeit as rotations/rarities.

Always going for the easy commentary :rolleyes: doubt they'd go for an anniversary gig period anyways anymore. They did nothing for Abso, highly unlikely they'd do one for BH&R.

But it's...true? I'm not personally slagging off the US fans/crowds, I'm just saying it's pretty obvious that Muse doesn't value them as much.

Also, I'm pretty sure they said the main reason they didn't do one for Abso was because they didn't want to get caught in the trap of doing an anniversary gig every time, which is fair. It's been 4 years since their last one and arguably Origin and BH&R are their two most significant albums in terms of their growth. I'm just saying, it's about as possible as Origin was at the time. Don't see any reason to totally dismiss it if it's true that the band or people connected to them have been mentioning it to fans.

Edited by Jobby

You could argue that they at least somewhat acknowledged Absolution in 2013 on the stadium tour with the return of Blackout and B&H (which was probably going to come back anyway). Emirates night 2 had the most number of Abso tracks played at a gig since 2007 and Fury came back a few months later.

Take a Bow

Map of the Problematique

MK Ultra

Bliss

Interlude + Hysteria

Supermassive Black Hole

Assassin

Dead Inside

Hoodoo

New Born

Exo-Politics

City of Delusion

Starlight

Invincible

Time is Running Out

Uprising

Reapers

Soldiers Poem

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug in Baby

Knights of Cydonia

BHaR Tour Night 1:

Take a Bow

Reapers

The Handler

Map of the Problematique

Supremacy

City of Delusion

Hysteria

Forced In

Bliss

United States of Eurasia

Soldiers Poem

Hoodoo

Invincible

Dead Inside

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Survival

Citizen Erased

Sunburn

Knights of Cydonia

Night 2:

BHaR Tour Night 1:

Knights of Cydonia

Psycho

New Born

Assassin

Plug In Baby

Starlight

Map of the Problematique

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Hoodoo

Apocalypse Please

Cave (2009 version)

Madness

Invincible

Uprising

Exo-Politics

Supermassive Black Hole

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Muscle Museum

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

Edited by Mozza

The only anniversary gig I could see making sense here is TR seeing as that's probably their biggest album here. It also seems to me that people in the US know those songs pretty well based on who I've talked to.

[We Are The Universe/Stadium siren]

Reapers

Psycho

Map of the Problematique

Showbiz

New Born

The Handler

Butterflies and Hurricanes

The Globalist

Apocalypse Please

Ruled By Secrecy

Space Dementia

[JFK]

Defector

Revolt

Bliss

Plug In Baby

Assassin

Knights of Cydonia

-Encore-

Blackout

Aftermath

Glorious

Muscle Museum

-Encore 2-

Citizen Erased

Survival

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Origin was strongly represented on the BHAR tour; New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Plug in Baby, Citizen, Micro Cuts, Feeling Good, Megalomania and similarly on the Abso tour.

Wasn't Megalomania a one-off at the RAH simply because of the organ there? And Space Dementia was at V fest and 2-4 other South American gigs.

But on the topic of putting an album to sleep, is anybody surprised by how extinct T2L is becoming in the setlists. The only T2L that is around is Madness. That's the most songs dropped off the previous album between touring cycles. Even worse than the BHAR-TR transition.

Wasn't Megalomania a one-off at the RAH simply because of the organ there? And Space Dementia was at V fest and 2-4 other South American gigs.

But on the topic of putting an album to sleep, is anybody surprised by how extinct T2L is becoming in the setlists. The only T2L that is around is Madness. That's the most songs dropped off the previous album between touring cycles. Even worse than the BHAR-TR transition.

Yeah those ones and Dublin.

It's completely disappeared from the current sets, but it's still around in a sense. They're playing Isolated System, Unsustainable was played at the SA and Asia gigs (and the Mexican festival after the 360 gigs), Animals was played in Asia and on the festival tour and Psycho tour and Supremacy was also on the festival tour. So I doubt they're done with it yet. I'd say more might return for the European gigs.

I think there's a reason to why it's mostly the instrumental tracks that have survived.

I keep saying it. Matt's voice has a big impact on the setlists. Supremacy was really rough the few times it was performed this tour. Survival and Follow Me are way too demanding, and Madness only works because he avoids the difficult notes. And then we had two songs by Chris who doesn't wanna sing anymore so...not much left.

Not so much..T2L songs do not fit at these shows and the concept of them..They also play Supremacy now and then,which i don't really like but is a blast listening live!

Not so much..T2L songs do not fit at these shows and the concept of them..They also play Supremacy now and then,which i don't really like but is a blast listening live!

Undisclosed Desires doesn't fit at the current shows or with the 'concept' and they're still playing it, so I don't think that's really a factor...

Europe: All albums represented, all fan types spoken for, breaks for Matt, not too many rarities but enough

**Drones**

1. Psycho

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Dead Inside

4. Plug in Baby

5. Bliss / Citizen Erased

6. Isolated System

7. The Handler

8. Interlude + Hysteria

9. Supermassive Black Hole

10. Starlight

11. Apocalypse Please / United States of Eurasia / Sunburn

12. Muscle Museum / Showbiz / Assassin

13 Munich Jam

14. JFK + Revolt

15. Time is Running Out

16. Uprising

17. Reapers

18. Stockholm Syndrome / New Born

19. The Globalist

20. Take a Bow

21. Mercy

22. Knights of Cydonia

Europe: All albums represented, all fan types spoken for, breaks for Matt, not too many rarities but enough

**Drones**

1. Psycho

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Dead Inside

4. Plug in Baby

5. Bliss / Citizen Erased

6. Isolated System

7. The Handler

8. Interlude + Hysteria

9. Supermassive Black Hole

10. Starlight

11. Apocalypse Please / United States of Eurasia / Sunburn

12. Muscle Museum / Showbiz / Assassin

13 Munich Jam

14. JFK + Revolt

15. Time is Running Out

16. Uprising

17. Reapers

18. Stockholm Syndrome / New Born

19. The Globalist

20. Take a Bow

21. Mercy

22. Knights of Cydonia

Id rotate B&H with CE and Bliss with PIB, but that set would leave me very happy indeed

Hope Supremecy is in the set for the o2 this year as it's brilliant and was an awesome opener when I saw you at the Emirates stadium a couple of years ago. Muse fans love it, so stick it in there please.

Just thinking out loud now, with such an awesome staging and set to come, I guess you can't really change the main set, so please do Supremecy in the encore. It's amazing.

Thank you from us Muse fans

Edited by trailfreak

Hope Supremecy is in the set for the o2 this year as it's brilliant and was an awesome opener when I saw you at the Emirates stadium a couple of years ago. Muse fans love it, so stick it in there please

I've no problem with it myself, but I'd like to see you say that after a while on the board :LOL:

with such an awesome staging and set to come, I guess you can't really change the main set

They've already changed the main set a few ways since the start of the tour, apparently there's more changes to come as well iirc.

As for Supremacy...I mean, I might not mind it if it was rotated with Madness...? Nah, even then, I'd probably prefer Madness. I reckon it'll stay dead and I kinda hope it does tbh.

I'd gladly take Supremacy over Madness.

1. Assassin

2. Psycho

3. The Small Print

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. Panic Station

6. Muscle Museum

7. City Of Delusion

8. Citizen Erased

9. Endlessly

10. Megalomania

11. Defector