An Acoustic Album

egoddard

Would you enjoy an Acoustic Album?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy an Acoustic Album?

• Yeah
    • Nah

I'd rather have an album or even an EP full of new material than have an album full of old songs done on acoustic, reason being that it'd a waste of time and money to develop that acoustic album. They've done some of that during radio shows and stuff, you can probably find them on YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to hear Muse put out some acoustic material on the side, I can't see them ever doing a full album of it though.

I think this might actually be a good idea because I think an acoustic album will be way less cheesy. They won't be able to use too much OTT-ness like strings and epic vocals so they will pay more attention to writing an actual good song.

But I agree with Alec, an ep might be a better idea than a full album, and if I could choose I would still prefer to have an electric album with good songs.

I'd rather have an album or even an EP full of new material than have an album full of old songs done on acoustic, reason being that it'd a waste of time and money to develop that acoustic album. They've done some of that during radio shows and stuff, you can probably find them on YouTube.

Acoustic recordings are relatively simple, so not a huge waste of time or money. With a well rehearsed musician, could easily have an EP recorded within a day.

For me an acoustic album would lack everything good about Muse. They should be loud, bass-heavy and spectacular, not quiet and intimate IMO.

Muse are not bass heavy.

Archived