Not true. Back in 2005 at a US gig they played (and closed with, I think) Micro Cuts after some guys shouted it out during the gig.

I'm pretty sure they played Citizen Erased in Chile 2008 after someone draped a flag over the barrier with CE on it.

Also, can we technically count Dead Star's appearances in Toronto and NYC as (belated) requests?

Also, can we technically count Dead Star's appearances in Toronto and NYC as (belated) requests?

I think that's why someone said the Germans will have the Italians to thank :LOL: Gone are the days when they'd change the setlist mid-gig... Now they need advance notice, apparently :rolleyes: (But I guess it's an improvement... Listening to requests at all is a step-up for them :chuckle:)

I think that's why someone said the Germans will have the Italians to thank :LOL: Gone are the days when they'd change the setlist mid-gig... Now they need advance notice, apparently :rolleyes: (But I guess it's an improvement... Listening to requests at all is a step-up for them :chuckle:)

How many bands do change the set mid-gig? With the exception of Springsteen, who has about 20 billion songs to choose from, and Green Day, who played a request at Wembley when I saw them, I don't think many bands stop a huge stadium production for a front row request.

Still, I suppose the appearance of Dead Star a mere 24 hours after the request technically counts. :chuckle:

I'd take Invincible over Guiding Light, any day.

Agreed.

Tbf though with all their production and visuals and shit if they just decided "fuck it we'll play darkshines next for the laugh" so much shit would go wrong. Visuals, lighting, specific guitars/basses and all their backstage shit like effects loops and tones need to be considered too.

If they were playing a small-ish venue with just the guys on stage and we were back in the pre-TR days they could play something on request. Now it's pretty much impossible since they don't even control their own pedal boards.

Tbf though with all their production and visuals and shit if they just decided "fuck it we'll play darkshines next for the laugh" so much shit would go wrong. Visuals, lighting, specific guitars/basses and all their backstage shit like effects loops and tones need to be considered too.

If they were playing a small-ish venue with just the guys on stage and we were back in the pre-TR days they could play something on request. Now it's pretty much impossible since they don't even control their own pedal boards.

Who are you? Muse during the TR tour?

During TR you'd hear them/their crew talk about how they have visuals and stuff just a button away pretty much, and how they'd have to adapt if Muse decided to play a new song 5 minutes before the gig etc. And then in the very next sentence they'd be like "but olol the stage restricts us, lost the pedal, *insert bullshit excuse*".

If they really wanted to change the setlist mid-gig they could.

Who are you? Muse during the TR tour?

During TR you'd hear them/their crew talk about how they have visuals and stuff just a button away pretty much, and how they'd have to adapt if Muse decided to play a new song 5 minutes before the gig etc. And then in the very next sentence they'd be like "but olol the stage restricts us, lost the pedal, *insert bullshit excuse*".

Okay yeah, I suppose the visual guys could use the generic green strobes for any non-planned song and it never actually occured to me that the guitar techs could actually have a massive list of what settings to use for what song. :LOL: If that were the case, then yeah they totally could

I'd take Invincible over Guiding Light, any day.

Well duh. They might still play GL and replace Blackout with Invincible though, it's Muse :LOL:

Yeah exactly. But they chose to make this stadium tour more of a show and less of a concert, therefore they don't want to even think about changing the set mid-gig.

Okay yeah, I suppose the visual guys could use the generic green strobes for any non-planned song and it never actually occured to me that the guitar techs could actually have a massive list of what settings to use for what song. :LOL: If that were the case, then yeah they totally could

At the gig I actually saw crew guys with a massive instruction book with the T2L cover on it. But I doubt it was just songs :LOL:

Muse know the diference between something meh and something great. Remeber Statde de France 2, that gig was special for them and for the fans, so they bring back DS and B&H.

The Rome gig will be special too, with the film thing, so i hope they will do something impressive with the setlist. Guiding Light will be out, and this 3-4 days they could rehearsal some old songs.

Muse know the diference between something meh and something great. Remeber Statde de France 2, that gig was special for them and for the fans, so they bring back DS and B&H.

The Rome gig will be special too, with the film thing, so i hope they will do something impressive with the setlist. Guiding Light will be out, and this 3-4 days they could rehearsal some old songs.

But I want my GL-proshot :'(

EDIT: double post sorry

How many bands do change the set mid-gig? With the exception of Springsteen, who has about 20 billion songs to choose from, and Green Day, who played a request at Wembley when I saw them, I don't think many bands stop a huge stadium production for a front row request.

Coldplay have done a few random spontaneous songs I think. It's usually just Chris doing a solo piano or acoustic version of a song though rather than a full band version.

But I want my GL-proshot :'(

Now, you can watch this. Also look for the Seattle 2010. You have two of them, don't need it in Rome. Invincible is better, you now what? Butterflies & Hurricanes is even better.

Google translates to "For Serpent Movies we are on the way to Rome. 16 F55 cameras we will record the concert of the band Muse"

I hope they'll find enough space for 20+ trucks.

If they could fit U2's last stage setup they can fit this.

Archived