What Muse fan are you?

apoco123

Early or late?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Early or late?

• Showbiz, Origin & Absolution
    • BHaR, The Resistance & 2nd Law

I've searched the forum to check for something similar as what im about to post, couldn't find anything, but apologise in advance if this has already been done/posted.

By what Muse fan, I mean were you an early fan, someone who discovered the band during Pre-showbiz, showbiz, Origins and Absolution, or what a fan who discovered them when they became a tad more mainstream (something I don't agree with personally) but its just a way of me explaining the Poll/topic. So thats Blackholes & on-wards.

I'm just curious to see which era fans of the forum come from. I discovered them during absolution.

I've searched the forum to check for something similar as what im about to post, couldn't find anything, but apologise in advance if this has already been done/posted.

By what Muse fan, I mean were you an early fan, someone who discovered the band during Pre-showbiz, showbiz, Origins and Absolution, or what a fan who discovered them when they became a tad more mainstream (something I don't agree with personally) but its just a way of me explaining the Poll/topic. So thats Blackholes & on-wards.

I'm just curious to see which era fans of the forum come from. I discovered them during absolution.

Hi there....just wanted to make a comment on something you said. You don't agree with someone becoming a fan of Muse when they became more mainstream. But if they hadn't become more mainstream, I would not have found out about them. I wish I would have discovered them earlier! I would have loved to see them perform in their earlier days. I love all their albums. I dont' think it makes anyone less of a fan to have discovered them later on.

Anyhow I discovered them around the time Black Holes came out.....Knights of Cydonia got my attention!

=)

Hi there....just wanted to make a comment on something you said. You don't agree with someone becoming a fan of Muse when they became more mainstream. But if they hadn't become more mainstream, I would not have found out about them. I wish I would have discovered them earlier! I would have loved to see them perform in their earlier days. I love all their albums. I dont' think it makes anyone less of a fan to have discovered them later on.

Anyhow I discovered them around the time Black Holes came out.....Knights of Cydonia got my attention!

=)

No, what I don't agree with is people/critics saying they became more mainstream, because personally I don't think they did. I didnt say I dont agree with someone becoming a Muse fan because they become more mainstream. :D Its kinda the other way around.

But they did get more mainstream, simply because they got more famous.

It's true they did become a little more radio friendly. But honestly they can't keep putting the same stuff out. They need to change it up. They need to experiment. That's what artists do. They do take elements that are hip and mainstream but still mix in classic muse style with it. So they haven't completely lost themselves. If they keep appeasing the "older fanbase" they will put themselves in a hole and never expand their fanbase or their creativity. You can't cage them man.

It's true they did become a little more radio friendly. But honestly they can't keep putting the same stuff out. They need to change it up. They need to experiment. That's what artists do. They do take elements that are hip and mainstream but still mix in classic muse style with it. So they haven't completely lost themselves. If they keep appeasing the "older fanbase" they will put themselves in a hole and never expand their fanbase or their creativity. You can't cage them man.

That's not really the point though.

You must have got my point wrong: mainstream for me is not "radio-friendly" (muse have always been quite radio-friendly imo). Mainstream for me is just "very famous".

And generally (not aimed at you in particular) I don't get why people talk about "mainstream" and "radio-friendly" like they are bad things :LOL:

You must have got my point wrong: mainstream for me is not "radio-friendly" (muse have always been quite radio-friendly imo). Mainstream for me is just "very famous".

And generally (not aimed at you in particular) I don't get why people talk about "mainstream" and "radio-friendly" like they are bad things :LOL:

Radio stuff is pretty much mainstream stuff. I personally think they're interchangeable.

It's not a bad thing at all, but I think a lot of people love being fans of those "obscure" bands that no one has heard of. It makes them feel like a special snowflake or something lol. Plus people love saying "I liked them before they were famous".

I only think they're older stuff isn't radio friendly bc most people I know who arent familiar w them and then they drive w me when I listen to their older albums always go "wtf is this? I don't like it" then you play the newer stuff and they are more inclined to shut up and listen lol.

Radio stuff is pretty much mainstream stuff. I personally think they're interchangeable.

It's not a bad thing at all, but I think a lot of people love being fans of those "obscure" bands that no one has heard of. It makes them feel like a special snowflake or something lol. Plus people love saying "I liked them before they were famous".

I only think they're older stuff isn't radio friendly bc most people I know who arent familiar w them and then they drive w me when I listen to their older albums always go "wtf is this? I don't like it" then you play the newer stuff and they are more inclined to shut up and listen lol.

Well stuff played on the radio is in the mainstream. Works together like that.

Anyways Fabri's point was that since BH&R did get them a lot of popularity it did get them further into the mainstream. How much depended on the region.

Well stuff played on the radio is in the mainstream. Works together like that.

Anyways Fabri's point was that since BH&R did get them a lot of popularity it did get them further into the mainstream. How much depended on the region.

You just repeated what I said but yeah.

Anyway this thread is getting so lost bc you keep telling people it's not the point.

You basically seem to just be making an obvious statement that they are more mainstream. We know they are but we weren't sure if you were annoyed by it or just observing the obvious. So people just started posting their own view points on the matter.

You just repeated what I said but yeah.

Anyway this thread is getting so lost bc you keep telling people it's not the point.

You basically seem to just be making an obvious statement that they are more mainstream. We know they are but we weren't sure if you were annoyed by it or just observing the obvious. So people just started posting their own view points on the matter.

The whole topic was a response to the original post.

The whole topic was a response to the original post.

I rarely ever respond to OP's. I just scroll through until I see a post that peeks my interest enough to want to respond. So I was responding to other people bc i quoted them not you and you jump in trying to relate it back to your OP even though I never quoted your post when posting in here so I did have a point it's just that point didnt relate back to your original post.

I have made a mistake, but not sure how to edit the actual poll...

I was very tired at the time (honestly) and put revelations instead of Resistance, I get easily distracted. :LOL: I'm am very aware the album is called Resistance, as pointed out earlier on.

The main reason for me to post this, was to see how many of the old hardcore fans (my own personal term) who have been there since Showbiz, still actually visit the forums. I just wanted to see what the difference was...just call it curiousity. very random I guess.

No, what I don't agree with is people/critics saying they became more mainstream, because personally I don't think they did. I didnt say I dont agree with someone becoming a Muse fan because they become more mainstream. :D Its kinda the other way around.

Ah, ok thanks for clarifying that, LOL. In my part of the world, there's still a lot of people who don't even know who Muse is or if they heard of them they don't really know their work. So, I agree with you that they are not really a "mainstream" band, although Black Holes seems to be what elevated a bit more atleast where I live. As I mentioned before I learned about them from hearing KOC. My husband and I were very intrigued by that song and he preoceeded to buy all of the previous albums. We were like, why hadn't we heard of Muse before?!?

I heard Knights of Cydonia first time in 2007, I liked it but my music taste was mostly pop music then, so I forgot it :( I found KoC again about 2 years ago from Guitar Hero 3 and became addicted to it, but when I found their older stuff about a year later, I became an obsessed fan :D I remember also hearing Uprising and UD in 2009, but those songs didn't make me a fan, I just thought they were okay... I wish I had became a fan earlier.

Bliss was the song that first got me into Muse, so I've followed them since OoS but BH&R was the album that got me majorly into them (MotP...!). My interest in Muse nose-dived a bit when The Resistance was released, but peaked again in the run-up to T2L. So what I'm trying to say is that I've had Muse in my musical life for a while, but I'd say it's only recently that I've become a 'hardcore' fan if that makes sense...

Archived