What Muse fan are you?

apoco123

Early or late?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Early or late?

• Showbiz, Origin & Absolution
    • BHaR, The Resistance & 2nd Law

I got into them in late 2001/early 2002 from seeing Plug in Baby, New Born and Bliss on Kerrang all the time. Plus my friend had been into them since seeing Muscle Museum on Top of the Pops so he loaned me Showbiz and Origin. I listened to Origin loads but didn't spend much time on Showbiz until Hullabaloo came out and I heard the live versions.

Found out about them from my cousins before BH&R came out. I had Time is Running Out and Plug in Baby on my iPod, but I never really listened to any of their other songs.

Then I heard Supermassive Black Hole and started paying a lot more attention, bought BH&R, loved it, and bought Showbiz, Origin and Absolution.

So I became a fan during the BH&R era, but after getting all of the older albums, I preferred most of the older music, and still do. I love every album for different reasons though. I was only 10 when Absolution came out though so cut me some slack in that aspect!

I got into Muse back in december 2006 after my friend sent me Knights of Cydonia.

I bought Black Holes and Revelations and I just instantly became a fan. It then turned out that my sister had Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry, which I borrowed from her and loved as well.

But BH&R is definitely the album that got me into them, it's still my favourite. I'm still not over the fact that I never got to see them live during that time.

I find it kind of funny that this is classified as late in the poll options, seeing as it is more than 6 years ago now. I was 12 back then and I'm turning 19 soon...

Wow, that's so long ago if you think about it :p

Discovered them in 2006 (Starlight at MTV EMA Awards)

Became a real fan in 2011 (after watching Seattle and Haarp)

But think that Absolution is their best album

I'm actually a bit of both types of fans.

I like all their gigantic and mindblowing productions, I like recent songs. But I enjoy their old performances a lot. You can't dislike that youthful energy.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad, because I wish I discovered them earlier.

But basically the first song I heard by Muse was Undisclosed Desires. I thought it was weird, I didn't like it. -.-

But then as time passed my music taste changed and I started listening to them after someone on the internet recommended them. It took me a while, but I eventually liked all of their music and- whe-hey! They're now my favourite band. (mainly because I never had a favourite band...)

Unfortunately this was only, like- 3 months ago.

But I MUST tell you, my favourite album is BH&R.

(Because Starlight is the first song that I really started liking :))

ATM, my favourite song by them is Map of the Problematique. Am I doing well as a Muser? :happy:

i got into muse in 2008 and my first favorite was Exo Politics.

that said im much more a "pre mainstream" Muser. all my favorite songs come from origin and absolution and some of my more personal favorite songs are showbiz, darkshines, futurism and megalomania

that said im much more a "pre mainstream" Muser. all my favorite songs come from origin and absolution and some of my more personal favorite songs are showbiz, darkshines, futurism and megalomania

One of my favourite songs are from T2L, does that make me a "mainstream" fan?

Omg, I think I have to stop listening to Muse because I'm mainstream and it's just not okay. So embarrassing that I didn't get into them 1999 when I was 3 years old. It was TR era when I found them. Thank god I didn't find them from Twilight! That would have been horrible.

Maybe I shouldn't listen music at all, as I'm not cool fan.

Omg, I think I have to stop listening to Muse because I'm mainstream and it's just not okay. So embarrassing that I didn't get into them 1999 when I was 3 years old. It was TR era when I found them. Thank god I didn't find them from Twilight! That would have been horrible.

Maybe I shouldn't listen music at all, as I'm not cool fan.

I got into them in 1995 I think, I was 3 years old as well. Good memories :happy:

One of my favourite songs are from T2L, does that make me a "mainstream" fan?

was just stating that while i got into them during their "mainstream" era that i prefer their music from before that. and honestly, i dont care what kind of fan you label yourself as. thats up to you

I hate this board.

when you apply for the job of "never doing anything in life except trolling other peoples posts on muse.mu" make sure to put me as a reference... oh wait. you already have that job! keep up the good work!

edit: sorry, my sarcasm came bursting through there. i dont actually care what you do all day.

Archived