Yay, I can finally make some money from bandphotos, €25 per photo. A local music and arts schools wants some promotional materials. I know it's rather cheap, but it'll be with my name. Happy!

Neat :)

Been following a couple of kayak photography blogs for a while. This is one of the best shots I've come across in a while, taken in Chile:

_DSC1666.jpg

I would love to see that done with a zoom lens. I'm more for action and facial expression, rather than the 'nice surroundings'

Expressions aren't usually that great in those positions, to be honest. As demonstrated by my friend Ieuan:

543028_10150726725062210_976105149_n.jpg

This was taken by a guy who just happened to be walking by the river Etive when we ran it, a couple of years ago. Quite often, proper actions shots are easier to achieve by taking screenshots of footage.

Neat :)

Been following a couple of kayak photography blogs for a while. This is one of the best shots I've come across in a while, taken in Chile:

_DSC1666.jpg

!!!!!!!

I would love to see that done with a zoom lens. I'm more for action and facial expression, rather than the 'nice surroundings'

20140118-Rectum-Raiders-Matthijs-Quaijtaal-13-682x1024.jpg

20140118-Rectum-Raiders-Matthijs-Quaijtaal-15-1024x682.jpg

20140118-Rectum-Raiders-Matthijs-Quaijtaal-6-1024x682.jpg

20140118-Rectum-Raiders-Matthijs-Quaijtaal-1024x682.jpg

I just love glamrock :chuckle:

these are really freaking good!

these are really freaking good!

Thanks!

Lost my job yesterday so went with my friend Jenni to take pictures for half an hour or so before it got dark.

12241604964_29b533f7fd_z.jpg

Muchos likos, the eye could've used a bit more light on it though.

Added an Canon 85mm 1.8 to my gear, awesome lens! :awesome: Here is one of my first pics with it:

20140201-IMG_4691_zps77fae6a2.jpg

Nice, I'd love to see some portrait shots with that lens! Just shows that your body isn't everything, the lens does a lot more for your image quality!

Muchos likos, the eye could've used a bit more light on it though.

I'll see what I can do. I've got Lightroom now but i'm still new to it and do most of my tinkering with Microsoft's own basic thing. I don't play too much so it does the job.

I'll see what I can do. I've got Lightroom now but i'm still new to it and do most of my tinkering with Microsoft's own basic thing. I don't play too much so it does the job.

Man, I think it's cool as it is!

Don't get too strung up on unrealistic perfections or technicalities - it's not a glaring problem - or even a problem if you ask me. To me it's a characteristic of the feel of the piece/picture, which I think adequately reflects the (possible) feelings you were enduring at the time, re: job stuff.

Also, sorry to hear about your job - hope you're good

Man, I think it's cool as it is!

Don't get too strung up on unrealistic perfections or technicalities - it's not a glaring problem - or even a problem if you ask me. To me it's a characteristic of the feel of the piece/picture, which I think adequately reflects the (possible) feelings you were enduring at the time, re: job stuff.

Also, sorry to hear about your job - hope you're good

Ah don't get me wrong, I like it the way it is, but what Matthijs said was also something I'd missed because normally I do make copies of copies/edits to tinker with further as practice. I did show the eye up more and it looked about as good. More detail but the white made it a bit... alien?

To be honest, I always like to get portraits and my friend Jenni is one of the few who allow it because she does photography too. It was really grey/wet weather so I felt black and white suited, but I guess maybe I did subconsciously go for a really moody edit because of the job :LOL:

On which note thanks. I'm okay ish. Sucks because it was a dream job - writing about geeky films/tv/games/tech and also doing all the site photography and going to conventions. Ah well. Time to move on.

On which note thanks. I'm okay ish. Sucks because it was a dream job - writing about geeky films/tv/games/tech and also doing all the site photography and going to conventions. Ah well. Time to move on.

What was it exactly? Journo for a website/blog-type thing?

Sounds good - just count yourself lucky to have had the chance to do some cool stuff

Nice depth of field, solid focus on the leaf... doesn't quite standout enough for me though. I'm glad you didn't black and white it else it would get lost in amongst the branches so I don't know, maybe a tighter crop to the image and then a boost of saturation would fix it. Not a bad shot though :)