Really like the white balance on your camera Mizutsu, or if it has been post-processed then good job on that!

These shots has been done to death but here goes..

4fy71f.jpg

5odnl.jpg

:) thank you! I love your photos. particularly the contrast between the blue neon lights and the yellowish gray sky. fantastic :):)

Brace yourself... firework photos are coming!

Hoping to top these:

, on Flickr

lovely lovely!! :D i've always found it a challenge trying to capture fireworks. youve done so excellently...congrats :)

I don't purely because I can never come up with names that don't sound wanky (I'm not the most... creative person :LOL:)

I don't use anything atm, just downloaded the free version of cs2 for my new photos :happy: Is lightroom easier? I'm fairly familiar with the ropes of photoshop, but whatever is easy will do me

edit: omfg I need to top using the :) smiley!

You should stop using that yes. :)

Lightroom is a lot easier imho, because in addition to being faster than photoshop, it's also useful for tagging and organising your photos. It has all basic functions you need (quickly editing white balance, black/shades/highlights/whites/exposure, vibrance, saturation, clarity, cropping, graphs, lens correction... etc etc)

You should give it a go :) May take some time to get used to, but it's worth it! Plus, for any thing you still need photoshop, you can export it to photoshop to continue working.

i'll vouch for lightroom. it's essential for me. really intuitive once you learn to use the sliders. i have hundreds of shots to edit weekly and I couldn't imagine putting them all through photoshop.

God i need to take more photos!! (that aren't of drunks). i just keep making excuses. mainly based on my lighting. i could do with another flash, may just get a yn560-II, and a modifier, looking at a 1.5m octa. any strobists here who can lend a hand. will mainly be for portraiture (with speedlights). I also need to figure out how to go about getting good portraits, how to find the subjects and locations etc.

Edited by adds

loving the 60D so much! I took loads of photos at our housewarming and started off using flash. But then for most of the night I had the flash off, with the ISO right up around 3200 (I think my old camera maxed at 1600?).

The noise is pretty minimal even up at that level. So impressed.

*posting from facebook so bad quality*

1486860_10152071787544043_1177009186_n.jpg