55th Annual Grammy Awards

muse samuse

I wouldn't let anyone make me listen to Babel even once.

I guess I like to give things more of a fair chance. :phu:

Anyways, it made the boyfriend happy, and relationships are all about compromise. Or at least, that's what he keeps telling me. :LOL:

I wasn't completely against the first album, and actually liked a few tracks off of it. Babel just sounds like one long, uninteresting song to me.

Muse may be attending the 2013 GRAMMY Awards as spectators watching just announced performers Justin Timberlake and Alicia Keys w/ Marooon 5 and Frank Ocean perform on stage at the the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday 10 February.

Muse just played 3 sold out gigs at the same venue with about 50,000 fans in attendance and grossing an estimated $2.7 million dollars.

Below is a quoted excerpt from an interview Billboard.com recently conducted with Dom:

Muse's North American run finishes April 26 in Quebec City, with another run through Europe May through July, Japan's Summer Sonic Festival in August and Rock in Rio in September. The group will be on break during the Feb. 10 Grammys -- where it's nominated for Best Rock Album for "The 2nd Law" and Best Rock Song for "Madness" -- and while Howard says the group "may go and check it out and see the show," he hasn't yet cleared off any mantle space for trophies. "Are we going to win? Probably not," he says with a laugh. "It's amazing to be nominated again and certainly a surprise. But it's stiff competition this year in our categories. It's all great bands, great albums, great tracks. Fingers crossed, but I've got no idea, really."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1536339/muse-wont-release-2nd-law-follow-up-for-a-couple-of-years

even though I'd prefer T2L over MX any day, I think MX will win

just a prediction

but Madness will win in its nomination obviously

is it alternative songs? it's one weird nomination to put Madness into :chuckle:

Madness turned out to be hugely successful and I don't think that Muse would walk away empty handed

CBS is running GRAMMY promos showing Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, Prince, Adele, Bruno Mars, Sting, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw will be on stage but not sure these artists are performing this year however. Some may just be presenters or make special appearances.

Questions yet to be answered:

What rock category will be presented live on air at next Sunday's ceremony? In the past couple of years it has been Best Rock Album. The winners for the other rock categories will be announced one to two hours before the televised event but it should be web broadcast on the internet as in previous years. For example, the Black Keys picked up their two winning trophies in this pre-broadcast two years ago.

Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen are among the presenters announced so far. Could Coldplay and Muse possibly be added to this list or will both bands just be sitting in the audience and their faces shown on TV when their names are announced with their fellow nominees for this category?

Rock veterans like U2, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, and the Beach Boys have appeared as performers the past few years. Which ones (if any) will perform this year?

No surprise Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson have just been added to the list of GRAMMY performers...

Questions yet to be answered:

What rock category will be presented live on air at next Sunday's ceremony? In the past couple of years it has been Best Rock Album. The winners for the other rock categories will be announced one to two hours before the televised event but it should be web broadcast on the internet as in previous years. For example, the Black Keys picked up their two winning trophies in this pre-broadcast two years ago.

Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen are among the presenters announced so far. Could Coldplay and Muse possibly be added to this list or will both bands just be sitting in the audience and their faces shown on TV when their names are announced with their fellow nominees for this category?

Rock veterans like U2, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, and the Beach Boys have appeared as performers the past few years. Which ones (if any) will perform this year?

and Prince is going to perform! at least that's what i heard, there was apparently a commercial about the grammy's which said he is going to perform(my dream collab/peformance would be him doing Sign O Times with Muse... a girl can dream, can't she? :LOL: ). seems like Muse ain't performing, but since i'm a big fan of Prince, i'll enjoy myself big time. :D

and Prince is going to perform! at least that's what i heard, there was apparently a commercial about the grammy's which said he is going to perform(my dream collab/peformance would be him doing Sign O Times with Muse... a girl can dream, can't she? :LOL: ). seems like Muse ain't performing, but since i'm a big fan of Prince, i'll enjoy myself big time. :D

Prince will be honoured at the Billboard Music Awards on May 19, 2013 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas and broadcast live on ABC in the US so I don't know if he will be performing at this year's GRAMMYs. He may announce a winner and present an award. There are always surprises however.

Muse will likely receive one or more nominations in the Alternative and Rock categories so there is a chance both Prince and Muse could be on the same stage. However, the band's stadium tour begins in late May so Muse may have to rehearse in the UK in preparation and not be able to attend. Announcements of nominations in over 40 categories along with performers and presenters won't be made until March or April. The eligibility period for the awards runs from March 2012 through February 2013.

Dave Grohl and Johnny Depp have been added to the line-up as a presenters.

The GRAMMY pre-telecast will be streamed live from 1:00-3:30 PM (Pacific Time Zone in the US) on Sunday. Winners of most of the categories including one in which Muse is nominated will be announced at that time.

Bruce Springsteen is being honoured as MusiCares Person of the Year tonight (Friday Feb. 8th).

Among the scheduled performers paying tribute are Tom Morello, Eddie Vedder, Neil Young, Sting, Elton John and Mumford & Sons.

Full list of scheduled performers follows below:

Travis Barker, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Tom Morello, and DJ Z-Trip

Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert

The Black Keys

Zac Brown, T Bone Burnett (as musical director), Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard, Elton John, Mumford & Sons, and Mavis Staples, who will pay tribute to the late Levon Helm of the Band

Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea and Kenny Garrett in tribute to Dave Brubeck

Kelly Clarkson

Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band with the Black Keys

Fun.

Elton John with Ed Sheeran, performing together live for the first time

Juanes

Alicia Keys and Maroon 5

The Lumineers

Bruno Mars, Rihanna, and Sting

Miguel and Wiz Khalifa

Mumford & Sons

Frank Ocean

Rihanna

Taylor Swift

Justin Timberlake

Carrie Underwood

Jack White

It appears only 10 winners will be announced and trophies handed out on the live 3 1/2 hour broadcast this evening on CBS. There will be over 20 performances with 30-40 different artists. The other 71 winners in various categories will be announced on the pre-telecast which will be streamed at Grammy.com. CBS and the Recording Academy want eyeballs watching and that is why non-nominee Justin Timberlake was invited to perform. He also has a new album to promote.

Family time will take precedence for Muse before the tour resumes.

Archived