matthijs

Haha that's cool

And yeah, I have to agree with that. $600-ish for example can get a high end epiphone or a budget gibson (if there is such a thing), but the epiphone is much better with the exception of the electronics and some of the hardware (mainly the machine heads, but it depends on the model I guess)

They've also improved a LOT in the past several years. I think that goes for all import guitars really.

I have no idea about wood quality with imports (not that gibson uses the nicest looking stuff), but I remember there was a time when you had skateboard ramp material for the fretboard on a $2000 gibson and REAL rosewood on a sub $500 epiphone. Good times those were.

That's pretty cool. That's not the ping pong video that's on youtube is it? and sure, why not

The 2nd NYC gig was great, much better than the 1st. Not just because of the setlist either.

They have improved a lot. I picked up a squire vintage modified Jazz Bass. Again the electronics are not the greatest, and will be upgraded in time, but the think plays amazingly for a $300 bass, and I picked it up used for much less with a hard case.

Uhm, which video are you referring to?

They have improved a lot. I picked up a squire vintage modified Jazz Bass. Again the electronics are not the greatest, and will be upgraded in time, but the think plays amazingly for a $300 bass, and I picked it up used for much less with a hard case.

Uhm, which video are you referring to?

There's a video of them playing ping pong. I've never watched it though, so I don't know where it was recorded. I'll have to find it.

And yeah, I've been tempted by a few of those guitars. Nearly bought the Biffy Clyro bassist's signature squier the other day, but the seller pulled the listing before the bidding ended

There's a video of them playing ping pong. I've never watched it though, so I don't know where it was recorded. I'll have to find it.

And yeah, I've been tempted by a few of those guitars. Nearly bought the Biffy Clyro bassist's signature squier the other day, but the seller pulled the listing before the bidding ended

There is a couple videos. This is the one I was apart of, with my shameful ad plug for sirius xm in there.

Edit: duh, video

Nice!

And also, for what it's worth, I just found a confirmation email I had saved from that transaction from the works website. So I did receive one. Did you check your spam folder?

I just double checked, nothing there. I have not received a confirmation e-mail nor a response back from my inquiry I sent in.

I just double checked, nothing there. I have not received a confirmation e-mail nor a response back from my inquiry I sent in.

Hmm they usually get back within a day or so. Strange that you didn't receive an automated confirmation though

Oh and for what it's worth, I think you get charged as soon as you place an order. Or at least that's how it appeared, as my card didn't go through the first time (so they don't manually do it later on I'm guessing)

I know you're from the States but I'd try phoning. Mansons customer service can be pretty shoddy sometimes.

Never experienced such a thing, but as far as I know, the works email is only operated by one person... so it might take a day or two to get a reply

Oh and also

548498_821743004508381_1943854454_n.jpg

1980's out of nowhere :pope: . I wonder where those came from.

All those beautiful E-shapes...

Are those Kestrels and Merlins originals, or are they remaking them? The one on the middle row has a great paint job.

All those beautiful E-shapes...

Are those Kestrels and Merlins originals, or are they remaking them? The one on the middle row has a great paint job.

I imagine they're originals; I haven't seen a recent one. They did modify one several years back to be more matthew

MansonBlackBODY.jpg~original

The Kestrel (?) next to the DL-1 seems to be original. This is on the works' facebook page

1185473_154099821464383_508252165_n.jpg

Are those guitars ones that customers can play in the shop?

I imagine they're originals; I haven't seen a recent one. They did modify one several years back to be more matthew

MansonBlackBODY.jpg~original

That actually looks awesome, not entirely sure about the scratchplate though, it kinda ruins it for me like the rust relic's ones. That shape with different hardware could be amazing.

The Kestrel (?) next to the DL-1 seems to be original. This is on the works' facebook page

1185473_154099821464383_508252165_n.jpg

Are those guitars ones that customers can play in the shop?

Coorrrrrrr, that colour scheme is lovely.

Yeah, I expect anyone could have a go on them since they're not ridiculously valuable. I think it's just the MB-2 proto not everyone can play. I might ask for a test drive on the Merlin and Kestrel if I'm down there next month :happy:

Hmm they usually get back within a day or so. Strange that you didn't receive an automated confirmation though

Oh and for what it's worth, I think you get charged as soon as you place an order. Or at least that's how it appeared, as my card didn't go through the first time (so they don't manually do it later on I'm guessing)

They just responded to my e-mail and sent a confirmation at the same time. I suspect they trigger the confirmation e-mails manually.

Order should go out Next week they said. On the bright side I came home from work today to have a big ass order of all my missing hardware I needed, bridge, pots, wires, new soldering iron, knobs, switches etc. FSK-101 order also came today. So many toys!

548498_821743004508381_1943854454_n.jpg

Part of your bedroom wall, James? :chuckle:

Liking that pink lighting on the DL - could make some interesting paint jobs like that. Kind of like those pearlescent type ones. Wonder if it would work on a rough surface like that though, haha!

Part of your bedroom wall, James? :chuckle:

Liking that pink lighting on the DL - could make some interesting paint jobs like that. Kind of like those pearlescent type ones. Wonder if it would work on a rough surface like that though, haha!

Don't be silly, I've always been too nervous to use wall hangers. The QOTSA ones are tempting though...

I'm guessing those 80's ones are just for show. There's a picture of a green one with a flame top somewhere, but my search skills have failed me :stunned: it was probably in the previous thread.

there was an australian guy on here for a while that had a pretty funky, green, older manson wasn't there.

Yeah that was the one.

Search skills may have failed me, but I remembered his username, which was enough information to find this...

30m381c.jpg

I recall a monitor fell on it and the headstock broke off, but he got it repaired.

I think this might end up being the best looking one (sorry Bs)

Oh and Ross0203, you like surf green, don't you? I heard they're working on a customized MA-2 with a surf green finish, MBK-1 set, pearloid pickugard, bigsby, and flame maple neck/fretboard....

Or something like that. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

edit:

https://twitter.com/sergeykarakich/status/433649987491471360/photo/1

That picture looks familiar...

Archived