The Third Single: Follow Me

michael8888

I agree. I hope they put the "rock" version on this single, it would be cool to compare. Also let's pray for another Edit like what Grand Omega Boss did for Assassin.

iirc it was actually the original song but they had to cut the bridge section because it was... too long(?) i don't remember, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an edit.

iirc it was actually the original song but they had to cut the bridge section because it was... too long(?) i don't remember, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an edit.

Why would they have to cut it down because of the length.

Also, it was just an extra bit to the song what some people want with Follow Me is a completely different version.

I think a part of the problem is that a lot of new people will be introduced to Muse with the single, and if it's a song like Follow Me, some people (Muse fans) might not want to get associated with that song.

For instance: I'd much rather have Survival played somewhere than Madness, because I enjoy the rockier and ridiculous side of Muse, and not the poppy one.

But Follow Me is much more representative of today's Muse than Supremacy.

I also don't get the logic that Follow Me would be a bad choice of single because one person doesn't like it. A good choice for a single is a single that will get airplay and get more people into the band.

But Follow Me is much more representative of today's Muse than Supremacy.

I also don't get the logic that Follow Me would be a bad choice of single because one person doesn't like it. A good choice for a single is a single that will get airplay and get more people into the band.

That might be, but my point was about whether people wanted to be associated with the (style of the) singles or not(which is probable because there are so many different styles on the album). I do think it mostly applies to 'older' Muse fans who only like songs as Supremacy and Animals and detest the other new ones.

Like, when Follow Me gets played somewhere and a few people's like: "What, you like this garbage?" while you don't. It depends on how much you care about what others think about your taste of course, but I'm sure it plays a certain role.

I agree, a song like Follow Me would be a good choice for a single, for the reasons you stated. Some people forget the purpose of singles I suppose.

Uprising hit it pretty big in the states. I think Follow Me and Panic Station would hit the states pretty hard. I think people are underestimating Panic station. That track is one of the catchiest things they've made :D.

When people hear it they are going to love it right away and it will get more airplay. Follow Me will do very well. The electronics in that is pretty good and the chorus is also catchy. If they had another single besides those two it will probably be Big freeze. The chorus is really catchy. Also I don't really see any other song being a hit in the US and that was one of their main goals too.

When did they say that? :eek: I've never read that anywhere

In a magazine interview a few weeks before the album came out. There's a thread for it somewhere, can't be arsed finding it though, sorry :p Basically, Matt said that b-sides were just something they had to do in the past to sell singles but, now, they don't feel like they have to do that so there's no point in making anything that's not on the albums.

If Black Holes had 5 singles I still have hope on T2L will have at least 4.

For now, the most coherent thing is:

- Madness

- Follow Me

- Panic Station

- Big Freeze/Animals

I highly doubt Animals would be a single :chuckle: I'd say Supremacy is more likely than that, considering they've played it on TV.

If Black Holes had 5 singles I still have hope on T2L will have at least 4.

For now, the most coherent thing is:

- Madness

- Follow Me

- Panic Station

- Big Freeze/Animals

Haha Big Freeze or Animals? I highly doubt it, especially Big Freeze. Most likely, or the most suitably, would be Supremacy. :)

I think it might be a double A-side?

Panic Station/Follow me?

Does anyone make double A-sides anymore? If they said they won't be making B-sides anymore, surely they won't make 'double A-sides' either? And even if they could, why? If both songs were 'single-worthy,' Warner would release them separately and make more money, wouldn't they?

I've tried to be objective, but I really can't see the radio viability of Panic Station. I was really suprised they played it on SNL, but I just figured they wanted something a little more "lively" than Madness, and Follow Me has a slow start and both songs were very electronic.

I think Panic Station could find a niche on US radio, I just don't think it would be as widespread as they are (apparently) looking for.

I'd have higher hopes for Follow Me, but I can see the vocal style and slow beginning being an issue.

I don't know if other countries got that abomination of a Gotye "single" (the remixed one that was passed off as the original song) but it seems we definately don't like slow starters on our mainstream radio...

Follow Me would have the best chance, but it'd be damn contentious with the fans. I prefer Panic Station, but it would probably get considerably less airplay. If I were doing this I'd probably put Follow Me out, followed by Panic Station and then Supremacy or one of Chris' contributions.

Archived