There's quite a big difference with those examples though. Come Teignmouth and E-Work, the respective albums the tracks they played were from was complete.

BH&R is the last album Muse 'road tested' tracks ahead of going into the studio - Crying Shame, Glorious, Assassin and Exo-Politics played variously between late 2004 and mid 2005 with BH&R coming July 2006. Even the piano version of what became the Take A Bow intro.

Muse had previously done that with all three albums beforehand, but never since.

Well since the chance of road-testing songs on the prior tour is null, I assumed the comparison was towards the pre-album shows which if I remember BH&R also had.

Contrarianism makes me yawn because it forces everyone to respond to this type of rubbish. Obviously every new album that comes out should be treated as independent of previous album cycles, because it is a new album.

It's not really 'contrarianism' though, is it? Asking why people expect the album to be released sooner than expected and then being given the answer "Muse have stuck to their timetable" doesn't really explain anything.

Bothers me the 'biggest' fans of bands that frequent the forums are the most vocal naysayers just for the sake of it, albeit evidence making a case against them.[/Quote]

That bit made me laugh a bit. Firstly I don't think it's true and secondly, I hate the suggestion that fans aren't able to criticise something they obviously like. Obviously I'm open to contrary views though....

That bit made me laugh a bit. Firstly I don't think it's true and secondly, I hate the suggestion that fans aren't able to criticise something they obviously like. Obviously I'm open to contrary views though....

I know it's not directly related to constructive criticism, but I've always felt that the way some of the board members reply to comments and suggestions is really off-putting to new membership. It just seems that sometimes opinions from new members can get shot down really easily which is a shame.

Back on topic, it's good to see the seven string out, I'd be interested to see how it could be used differently and imaginatively, as usually it's doubled up the standard a string patterns.

I know it's not directly related to constructive criticism, but I've always felt that the way some of the board members reply to comments and suggestions is really off-putting to new membership. It just seems that sometimes opinions from new members can get shot down really easily which is a shame.

I do agree with this to an extent but it works both ways. You can't really have much of a discussion if somebody posts something like "I really like Muse. All their songs are brilliant and I hope they that their new album is super raw and heavy :D :D :D " or "I like fuzz and distortion." It's more to do with the way some views are presented imo.

I do agree with this to an extent but it works both ways. You can't really have much of a discussion if somebody posts something like "I really like Muse. All their songs are brilliant and I hope they that their new album is super raw and heavy :D :D :D " or "I like fuzz and distortion." It's more to do with the way some views are presented imo.

And the fact that pretty much any discussion to do with Muse has probably already occurred on here multiple times.

I do wonder how much iTunes and digital releases are effected by multiple similar artists releasing on the same days.

There's a lot more tendancy to "click now, never really see how much you spend" with online purchases.

Then again, it's also really pushed the trend of just buying one song.

Physical CD sales are just about doomed anyways.

I've had absolutely the worst experiences with PledgeMusic, so not really a fan atm.

I do wonder if even Muse knows how they're going to release this thing yet...

I've Pledged to buy the next Zombies album so I hope I don't have a bad experience!

I really don't care when they release the new album. Bands don't have to have a new album to sell at all their gigs and Muse have such a huge following they don't depend on sales at gigs. I don't expect they'll launch a full-scale tour until it has been released, though, so I'm more excited to find out when they will be coming to a UK venue as I can buy their album any time but I can't see them live at just any time.

This forum has never been very pleasant to newcomers, and I've certainly been a big part of that since like 2010, but I'd say that as long as I actually back it up with arguments and (hopefully) solid points it's not really a problem. Yeah sure some people would like to live in a world where they are never questioned, but nah.

The problem is the people who just reply with "no" or "lol". At least imo.

This forum has never been very pleasant to newcomers, and I've certainly been a big part of that since like 2010, but I'd say that as long as I actually back it up with arguments and (hopefully) solid points it's not really a problem. Yeah sure some people would like to live in a world where they are never questioned, but nah.

The problem is the people who just reply with "no" or "lol". At least imo.

Lol. Only kidding :LOL:

I've been listening to the small print a lot recently that is one awesome song, hope we get something with a similar vibe on this album or better still it returns to go in with the heavier image :D

Probably won't happen but it would be nice!

Archived