http://www.der-ring.de/bands/muse

"We're excited to kick off the tour in Germany and we can't wait to get out playing festivals and new songs again. Returning to the Ring after five years, where the fans are always incredible, is going to be really special."

Looks like they will definitely be playing new stuff at Der Ring. Doesn't necessarily mean the album will have officially dropped by then though, but I suppose it's safe to assume that it's likely that it will have.

I'm happy to learn an outside producer is involved. I don't get why people hold it against Lange that he's worked with pop artists. Plenty of producers work with different kind of artists and part of the job is adjusting to your client's style. I'm more concerned, considering Muse's tendency to borrow too directly style-wise/Matt's current infatuation with classic rock, that they just ask Lange follow his previous 70's/80's work too closely.

2. The album is being recorded with live takes because why else would he have his guitar and a mic set up at the same time?

Live takes here read as: the album recording might be all live rather than everything being overlaid like they usually do. Think "Suck It And See" by Arctic Monkeys, they used this method for that album.

The fact that you felt the need to explain what "the album is being recorded with live takes" means is hilarious.

Archived