It's always interesting to me what one person considers "soul-less" in lyrics and music...

Despite my back and forth initial opinions on Madness... definately not something I would ever have said about it.

Okay I admit soulless was a bit bad choice. I just don't feel like the words have enough personality. They're average. But that's just my view on them.

Okay I admit soulless was a bit bad choice. I just don't feel like the words have enough personality. They're average. But that's just my view on them.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I respect what you're saying.

I just sort of meant, the lyrics/song got its point across in the way that mattered, right? :LOL:

I'm also of the opinion that cheesy lyrics get a free pass when they are about your kids (Follow Me.) :'(

If someone sang that to ME, I'd (pretend to) find that a bit much... but to our kids. Sob city.

It was also about my 3rd least anticipated song, so that could possibly be why I am so taken with it now.

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one....(The last time I listened to OOS was a month ago.) What's wrong with me?!

I listen to OOS and T2L a lot at the moment, haven't been listening to TR and BH&R for a while. I wish I could just have more time to listen to more different music.

I listen to Survival every single day on the way to work. :LOL: For some reason, it makes me feel a whole lot better about having to face the day.

I just make sure it's not playing when I turn into the parking lot, so there aren't any uncomfy questions with the co-workers.

On the rides home, if it was a really bad day, Unsustainable comes in pretty handy, as well.

I manage to listen to the entire album at least once a day. I play it at work a lot, it helps me get through the rush and such. My opinion has remained the same, but Ive grown bored of a couple songs.

Animals, Supremacy, Big Freeze, Madness, and Survival are my favorites. Save Me and Liquid State have grown to become so dull, I usually skip them. Sometimes when I'm feeling feisty I listen to Liquid State. If I want to fall asleep, I listen to Save Me. Ive really gown to love Unsustainable, when at first I really didn't like it at all. Even Explorers has grown on me. So id rank it, as of right now:

Animals

Supremacy

Survival

Big Freeze

Madness

Unsustainable

Isolated System

Panic Station

Explorers

Liquid State

Save Me

Follow Me

Oh, and I'm so glad they decided against Follow Me being a single. Once the honeymoon period wore off, I finally saw what that song really is. A craptastic ode to U2, with some really generic wubbles mixed in. It overtakes NSC as Muse's worst song.

Really? I love Follow Me and I wish we could have it here in the US. As far as singles go, I'd be very interested in Unsustainable being one. It's highly unlikely, but Muse don't exactly do everything the way we think they will.

Follow Me was fun at first, but I got over it fast. I wouldn't mind Unsustainable being a single at all, it's leagues better than Follow Me.

To each his own. :LOL:

I've began to notice that there are parts of Big Freeze that I actually really enjoy. The "What words just can't convey" part is breathtaking. And even the guitar part there is nice.

;)

Big Freeze is awesome, it's good cheese as many would put it. Dat chorus, nomom.

I suppose Follow Me could be interpreted as having cheesy lyrics, in a different context, but in context they are ambiguous. Plus the song is sung with such conviction, and over an upbeat rhythm that removes any traces of cheesiness. For me it hits the spot.

Oh, and I'm so glad they decided against Follow Me being a single. Once the honeymoon period wore off, I finally saw what that song really is. A craptastic ode to U2, with some really generic wubbles mixed in. It overtakes NSC as Muse's worst song.

And yet Big Freeze is one of your favourites.

What's confusing about them? They seem pretty damn straightforward.

I'll ask again: what's confusing about them?

I know what ''ambiguous''means.

I can't be bothered to discuss them in any depth, but they are supposed to relate to a father singing to his baby, but they sound, to me, more like they are being sung to an old person or someone who has had, or is going through difficult life experiences.

Archived