Apologies if something similar has been posted, I'm arriving late to the party & haven't trawled through all 4 threads.

I don't like 2nd Law, sorry. And I say this as someone who has loved Muse since seeing them perform Bliss on TOTP many years ago.

I keep thinking it's a bit like the Emperor's New Clothes, and when Matt, Dom & Chris have finished pissing themselves laughing at everyone raving about how amazing it is, then they'll give us the proper album we deserve.

Apologies if something similar has been posted, I'm arriving late to the party & haven't trawled through all 4 threads.

I don't like 2nd Law, sorry. And I say this as someone who has loved Muse since seeing them perform Bliss on TOTP many years ago.

I keep thinking it's a bit like the Emperor's New Clothes, and when Matt, Dom & Chris have finished pissing themselves laughing at everyone raving about how amazing it is, then they'll give us the proper album we deserve.

okay

You know you're gonna be banned now, right?

Final opinion coming through oh wow.

2 great tracks. Madness has gorgeous production and it's candy to my ears. Somewhat soulless lyrics but they don't really bother me. Incredible build-up. I'll "never" get bored of this song. Panic Station is stylish as fuck. Clever songwriting, the last chorus is wonderful with all the melodies layering on top of each other.

A lot of disappointments. Supremacy and Follow Me have vocals so cheesy I can't listen to them any more. Follow Me is pretty bad after all - I was expecting something like Does It Offend You, Yeah? and got brostep wobbles. You can imagine my face when I first listened to it and got to the first chorus - it was my number one most anticipated track.

I initially liked a lot of the songs a lot, Animals and Isolated System for example. But they wore out really, really quickly. Now I just can't find the interest to listen to them. All of the songs have their moments but most just boil down to something very average. I feel bad criticizing Chris' songs because they're so personal and a huge step for them. But they're pretty dull to my ears.

So all in all it's a pretty big disappointment. But saying that makes me feel like I'm bitter or something, no, there's still plenty of music for me in the world.

Archived