I didn't mean Dom is short of confidence. Let's put it another way. Matt said he is the show director. It sounded from what Matt was saying in the NME interview, that that particular stunt was Matt's idea.

I'm pretty sure "show director" was a metaphor for his role in the writing&recording process...

I'm pretty sure "show director" was a metaphor for his role in the writing&recording process...

Why? "SHOW director". Would be a weird metaphor. He could have said artistic director, or creative lead or something if he was referring to the writing and recording process. He said it was the first time they had done the show themselves. He could of course have meant that all three of them were the show directors.

I think usually they come up with ideas, and someone else makes an interpretation of their ideas and puts it into action. This time, it seems, they have been even more involved.

PS perhaps it is because Matt is show director that Dom is particularly worried about the pyramid above him. :chuckle:

Why? "SHOW director". Would be a weird metaphor. He could have said artistic director, or creative lead or something if he was referring to the writing and recording process. He said it was the first time they had done the show themselves. He could of course have meant that all three of them were the show directors.

I think usually they come up with ideas, and someone else makes an interpretation of their ideas and puts it into action. This time, it seems, they have been even more involved.

How is it a weird metaphor? It's a very descriptive metaphor of how they work.

If he would have said artistic director or creative lead it wouldn't have been a metaphor...

How is it a weird metaphor? It's a very descriptive metaphor of how they work.

If he would have said artistic director or creative lead it wouldn't have been a metaphor...

It wouldn't, you are right. But "show director" - it just doesn't sound like a metaphor to me. It doesn't sound right to me that Matt would describe the band or everything they do as a show. Surely the more obvious conclusion to make is that he means he is the SHOW director, if that's what he says. Why wouldn't he be the show director? I'm not going to go back and read the NME article, but I think it focussed on the live show.

I accept you might be right. I suppose we won't know for sure unless we get more information.

So a fan who couldn't attend their previous gigs has no right to complain? :LOL:

No, I'm saying you shouldn't complain about certain songs being played when you've never actually heard them live. Well, okay, complaining about songs like guiding Light sort of goes without saying, but there are others.

I'm messing around with the video of that roulette thing, changing the colours/brightness/zooming in/zooming out etc, and so from what I can tell so far the green ones don't actually say anything? I don't know if they're acting as placeholders for some song later down the line, or if it was some sort of technical issue.

Archived