Back in 04/05(??) they would frequently have "DEALERS CHOICE" written on the setlist in the encore. Obviously they have a lot more bells and whistles on stage now than they did back then, but I just don't understand how they're not able to have a legitimate surprise in the set. Assuming this roulette thing is truly not as sincere as it appears. Their production is likely largely controlled by computers anyway, so I don't see the difficulty in skipping ahead to a different song.

There are lots of songs I want to hear live but I don't bitch and complain about not being able to because I understand that those songs have had their time. You can't expect Muse to keep playing songs just because you haven't heard them yet.

I just said that I think that the band now have a bigger "responsiblity" - 6 albums , half of the set being the new album tracks - 22 - 25 tracks would be the best... Cause (and don't kill me for this) , Radiohead play 25 tracks per show. 5 songs more to fans is a lot and to them it's nothing.

Back in 04/05(??) they would frequently have "DEALERS CHOICE" written on the setlist in the encore. Obviously they have a lot more bells and whistles on stage now than they did back then, but I just don't understand how they're not able to have a legitimate surprise in the set. Assuming this roulette thing is truly not as sincere as it appears. Their production is likely largely controlled by computers anyway, so I don't see the difficulty in skipping ahead to a different song.

I think the roulette thing is sincere. Not a wide chance (just three songs), but it could still be a random choice.

Everyone wants to hear their favorite songs. Going to any gig has some level of chance. Yeah it sucks missing to see them but you can't really change that now and can't expect them to change their sets just cause you missed them (as awesome as that would be).

As for a bit harsh, well it's Frak.

The part when I said I didn't see any of those shows was half a joke btw.

I just said that I think that the band now have a bigger "responsiblity" - 6 albums , half of the set being the new album tracks - 22 - 25 tracks would be the best... Cause (and don't kill me for this) , Radiohead play 25 tracks per show. 5 songs more to fans is a lot and to them it's nothing.

I would love for them to play 25 songs Radiohead style, but well at least 20 is a step up from the 15 of last time.

And since you mentioned Radiohead, they're one of the biggest setlist shufflers I've seen. When I saw them live I got to see a bunch of songs I didn't expect, but surprise, I saw almost none of the songs I wanted. And really I'm not very bummed about it. I would actually love for Muse to shuffle more, as it would get more songs in the overall tour and make each gig a big different.

The 05 US tour I think - it was usually Micro Cuts when it happened iirc :LOL:

I would love for them to play 25 songs Radiohead style, but well at least 20 is a step up from the 15 of last time.

And since you mentioned Radiohead, they're one of the biggest setlist shufflers I've seen. When I saw them live I got to see a bunch of songs I didn't expect, but surprise, I saw almost none of the songs I wanted. And really I'm not very bummed about it. I would actually love for Muse to shuffle more, as it would get more songs in the overall tour and make each gig a big different.

I know! I've been constantly following this tour's setlist and I am like :eek: They are really amazing with their tour efforts (not saying Muse are not!) and I am so satisfied when I see them play some songs as a surprise! Like A Wolf At The Door now I was stunned! It keeps me happy even though I know I won't be seeing them any time soon :( They just won't come anywhere near...

sorry for the offtopic guys especially the Radiohead one..

and btw, yeah, 20 is better than 15 still. Who knows, maybe they bring it up to 22 until November... :)

I'm thrilled with the amount of songs Muse are playing. Even if they drop a couple for the U.S. it will probably still be more than last tour.

I think Radiohead are able to get away with a lot because they haven't really had a lot of "hit singles" and their fans are used to them just playing whatever at this point since they've done it pretty much their whole career. Muse are kind of entering into Depeche Mode territory where they feel obligated to play so many songs, leaving no room for much else. It doesn't help when they do branch out and play things like Ruled by Secrecy and Falling Down, only to have people talking, taking piss breaks, and generally not giving a shit.

I think Radiohead are able to get away with a lot because they haven't really had a lot of "hit singles" and their fans are used to them just playing whatever at this point since they've done it pretty much their whole career. Muse are kind of entering into Depeche Mode territory where they feel obligated to play so many songs, leaving no room for much else. It doesn't help when they do branch out and play things like Ruled by Secrecy and Falling Down, only to have people talking, taking piss breaks, and generally not giving a shit.

Yup, I was going to mention the same thing. Going into a Radiohead gig there's only a few songs you can expect to see, the rest is just up there and you don't know what surprises they may have.

It's a route I like seeing Muse starting to take. But since they've gone for so long being a band with staples or at least highly frequent songs their fans are freaking out when something starts to get rotated.

Who knows, maybe they bring it up to 22 until November... :)

If anything they'll bump it down

;_;

Archived