You can see the whole show here: http://tv.nrk.no/serie/skavlan

The interview with Matthew Bellamy starts at 50:00 and Madness starts at 53:25. The performance was amazing! Beautiful voice! I was surprised at the guitarsolo, it was awesome!

The interview was quite sweet. I love how Matt has music on his mind all the time, even at hearing his baby's heartbeat and the bit where he talks about the strap on monitor, and it was like, at the author of 50 shades of grey, no, not that kind of strap on. :chuckle:

The performance is very lovely. The only bit I'm not too sure of is how Matt sings the high bits. It sounds quite different to the recorded version, so will take a bit of getting used to.

Loved the performance. The first half is a bit awkward as it's mainly the other three doing very little looking a little awkward but the second half is awesome. Matt sounded great, solo sounded good live, Chris's vocal were cool (although loads of vocoder to start with?).

I don't get why you lot all drooling over the guitar solo. It's nothing special. I feel like I've heard it a million times before.

It takes so long for Madness to get going and once it does you're just so bored to death you don't even care about the good part.

Totally agree so far in this particular performance. I've got hopes it will sound much better at a proper concert. :)

The interview was quite sweet. I love how Matt has music on his mind all the time, even at hearing his baby's heartbeat and the bit where he talks about the strap on monitor, and it was like, at the author of 50 shades of grey, no, not that kind of strap on. :chuckle:

The performance is very lovely. The only bit I'm not too sure of is how Matt sings the high bits. It sounds quite different to the recorded version, so will take a bit of getting used to.

I apologise for the off-topic but do you have a love boat thread or something? Haha

The only bit I'm not too sure of is how Matt sings the high bits. It sounds quite different to the recorded version, so will take a bit of getting used to.

You mean the high chests or the falsetto? The high chests are just that he pronounces the vowel 'a' instead of the 'u' in studio version...

Archived